News: Misdemeanor warrant issued for Sam Williams for accident

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is no big deal. It’s just the local police determined that from the crash he may have been speeding. Give it a rest already. He will be issued a ticket and a date to pat it by. Like everyone else

That's the end of this story.

I will say, the term warrant should not even apply. It should be termed citation rather than warrant, which seems like a lame attempt somewhere along the line for this to a media hit-job type of distraction to throw the Cowboys' history of other players in their face to distract them, or perhaps motivate them somehow.

I don't know. But it's not that big a deal.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The police in cities like Plano, Frisco, and Flower Mound - cities that are rich with low crime rates - are the biggest *****es in the world. It's all the little dweebs that were picked on in high school, but couldn't hang being a real cop in a city with real crime.

And that's why I have questions about Marion Barber's death.

He was supposedly writing a book, and that would have put a target on his back from the more radical types, and there are more of those types than anyone wants to admit or realize.

It's actually downright scary.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Where ya'll live must be much more hardnose, because around here you don't get court dates for traffic tickets.

Everyone else normally would, too. But there's apparently someone somewhere along the line who doesn't like the Cowboys.

This is a non-story, manufactured hit-job fail, by the loudest, yet weakest in terms of credibility, tabloid media.

Nothing to see here, but of course it will now be mentioned in the game and distract for a moment. They know the Cowboys are undisciplined and penalty-prone, I would guess is the logic here.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I served in the military as well. You are correct though. All citizens have the right to be critical of injustice, so why are you being a hypocrite and questioning my right to question law enforcement?
im not questioning your right to be critical... im questioning the part where you said you EARNED the right to be critical. If you think you earned some special right , that means you think others have no such right. Or, correct me if my logic is somehow off.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
If there is no plan to "find and arrest” Sam Williams at this time by the Plano PD, why issue an arrest warrant?
They can’t “find and arrest” him unless a judge issues an arrest warrant. By law, in most cases, if a peace officer did not observe the violation, he must request a judge to issue an arrest warrant. And a warrant and a citation are very different things.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I think that simply means make himself available to receive the ticket, since he has to sign it, it must be done in person. There was no true arrest warrant issued, that was reporters trying to drum up a story.
No. A warrant is a go-to-jail order from a judge. They called him to turn himself into jail and post bond. It is a common thing for a minor criminal offense. AND THIS IS NOT A TRAFFIC TICKET OR CITATION.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Sounds right, technically I believe any traffic ticket is considered an "arrest". I remember my friend getting a citation over his dog being loose and it gave the "time of arrest". We laughed about it and asked him if they cuffed him and his dog. The DMN story on it said he would appear before a judge and have to post bail. I think there are a lot of reporters writing stories when they don't know how this stuff works.
No. This is an arrestable offense. He will go to jail. It will probably be be a “book-in /bond-out kind of thing, but he will be taken to jail.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They can’t “find and arrest” him unless a judge issues an arrest warrant. By law, in most cases, if a peace officer did not observe the violation, he must request a judge to issue an arrest warrant. And a warrant and a citation are very different things.
I've read several reports from various networks all stating an arrest warrant was issued for Sam Williams. Why need an arrest warrant if Sam is willing to show up at the police station? I thought arrest warrants are only issued for suspects who show a high risk of flight or who refuse to show up to a court date?

PS: Thank you for your service and for your input in here.

T-RO

Reaction score
With the history of Cowboy (active or previous) players maiming or killing themselves on the road...I very much hope for Williams sake that he gets more than a little fine.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Original report indicated he was sideswiped by another car. I wonder if they now believe the two were racing.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I suppose if you run in a "life in the fast lane" circle...you can't imagine the 90% that don't.
My comment was half humor and half to make the point that young men and fast cars have been doing dumb stuff since the days of flatheads and push rods.

I would love to see the tally of people on this forum who have driven 30 or 40 over the speed limit a time or two, but didn't get caught.

I'd be very surprised if does not well exceed the 10% you're suggesting.