Misplaced Blame

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Other than the tipped INT, what specific plays can we point out that Dez struggled on? Because they aren't there.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You are on a lonely island here.

Dak has more targets than any receiver in the league. Him or Hopkins.

He's 50th on the league in receptions.

He's a second-tier receiver at best.
.... I you're point is.......?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Don't forget 2 of our cb's leaving the game in the 2nd quarter leaving us with 2. But it was good for Garrett to dress 6 wr's for some reason (Noah Brown).
I don't have a problem dressing 6 receivers.........the problem was they didn't use them. Switzer and Butler got 1 target and Brown 0. All passes were going to 4 players and with 3 number 1 corners on their team not hard to figure out.

Butler needs to sit and make Brown active. Butler is a preseason player and forgets his hands in the regular season then we can carry 5 corners.

5 corners and 4 safeties active

5 receivers active

That's a great balance

Dorsett33

Reaction score
This was what has become a pretty typical game for Dez....but Zeke needs to man up and decide how good of a player he wants to be........the talent is there but like so many before him his desire and maturity needs to catch up with his talent.
If you're talking about the run game from Zeke....I don;'t know what you saw, but he had no running lanes. Can't blame him for that. Poor playcalling. The coaches think their going to instill their will...well, we don't have the same o-line as we did last year. It may take some time to gel. The playcalling is too obvious.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't have a problem dressing 6 receivers.........the problem was they didn't use them. Switzer and Butler got 1 target and Brown 0. All passes were going to 4 players and with 3 number 1 corners on their team not hard to figure out.

Butler needs to sit and make Brown active. Butler is a preseason player and forgets his hands in the regular season then we can carry 5 corners.

5 corners and 4 safeties active

5 receivers active

That's a great balance

As I said in another thread, in the Patriots game, Brady was throwing to his rb's. They had big games. We NEVER did that. Can't believe. We dressed Zeke, Morris, RSmith. Didn't use Zeke, RSmith or even fb Kevin Smith in the passing game. Dak was getting killed with pressure. Why didn't we use some short sideline throws to the rb's, like Brady always does?

River82

Reaction score
Erod, Seven's either trolling you or he's an idiot. Just ignore him.

links18

Reaction score
I am not even sure that speedster opposite him would matter.

This offensive design is not equipped to use that type of player. Just look back at all of Garrett's offenses. Where is that speed player?

Good luck finding him.

Maybe we need to scrap that offense?

BHendri5

Reaction score
All you cry babies. We got beat not by a better team but by a team that was ready and up for the challenge, and we just did not meet them head on, everything starts and finishes with our Offensive line and they were offensive yesterday for sure. Dez is not a speed merchant never has been and never will be, he is a great WR, he is a faster stronger Michael Irvin, he runs good routes but he will never run away from DBs, Irvin never did either. Dak has to learn to throw guys open and he needs to become accurate and stop beint afraid to throw into tight windows, he is no longer in college, receivers will not be wide open as in college, unless some one misses an assignment, fall down, get picked, something. But the OLine needs to stay on point, I suspect the defense figured they were going to have an easy game, and found out differently, they will not underestimate anyone else this season.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
All you cry babies. We got beat not by a better team but by a team that was ready and up for the challenge, and we just did not meet them head on, everything starts and finishes with our Offensive line and they were offensive yesterday for sure. Dez is not a speed merchant never has been and never will be, he is a great WR, he is a faster stronger Michael Irvin, he runs good routes but he will never run away from DBs, Irvin never did either. Dak has to learn to throw guys open and he needs to become accurate and stop beint afraid to throw into tight windows, he is no longer in college, receivers will not be wide open as in college, unless some one misses an assignment, fall down, get picked, something. But the OLine needs to stay on point, I suspect the defense figured they were going to have an easy game, and found out differently, they will not underestimate anyone else this season.

Based on what they suspected it was easy? Who was gloating?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I would find it hard to care if my head coach and OC call personnel groupings that basically exclude any blocking help.

Many of the runs they got stuffed on were from the same personnel group they normally have the most success with. So there's that.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Nah i didn't get that feeling last year. Broaddus clearly stated a few times that he wanted Romo to come back and lead the team and when Romo didn't he wasn't to thrilled. He basically said if that's the coaches decision we just move on from the player.

But i agree dak did have a few bad throws. Just need to remember, he's only in his 2nd year and it takes several years before a qb becomes a well polished and complete player! Patience y'all. These things don't happen overnight! If he's making the same mistakes in his 3rd and 4th year....then you start to get really worried.

Broaddus all year talked about how bad Dak was in practice and was definitely in favor of Romo reclaiming his job when he was healthy.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Really weird decision, especially since Brown isn't a special teams stud.

I just don't get why Dak is always forcing passes to Dez when he was tightly covered. Why didn't they put in Switzer along with Beasley? Have Dez, TWill, Beasley, Swtt in. No way the can cover all those guys at once Throw passes to the rb's too.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I just don't get why Dak is always forcing passes to Dez when he was tightly covered. Why didn't they put in Switzer along with Beasley? Have Dez, TWill, Beasley, Swtt in. No way the can cover all those guys at once Throw passes to the rb's too.

There were several passes that he threw in Dez' direction that he had set in his mind before the ball was snapped. And we always here put it up to Dez no matter what if single covered....and that is what Dak does, but he doesn't really put it in a spot where Dez has the chance to outfight the guy to get it. I am not a Dak hater, I think he is exceptional for a second year QB, but he still does things that young QBs are going to do. Predetermine where he is going on some plays regardless of whether the play is open. Hold onto the ball too long. It definitely looks like he is doing a lot more with the offense and it should be simplified. For GOd's sake, we didn't roll him out once on SUnday. THat is awful.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It will take our offensive geniuses at least 8 games to figure this out since it is not written in their "Offensive schematics for Dummies" book :lmao2: