Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Just found this so take it with a grain of salt....

Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source
http://news.yahoo.com/missing-malaysian-jet-may-disintegrated-mid-air-source-002831393--sector.html

KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam (Reuters) - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane.
International police agency Interpol confirmed that two passengers on the flight had used stolen Austrian and Italian passports, raising suspicions of foul play.

An Interpol spokeswoman said a check of all documents used to board the plane had revealed more "suspect passports" that were being further investigated. She was unable to say how many, or from which country or countries.

Malaysia's state news agency quoted Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi as saying the passengers using the stolen European passports were of Asian appearance, and criticizing border officials who let them through.

"I am still perturbed. Can't these immigration officials think? Italian and Austrian (passport holders) but with Asian faces," he was quoted as saying late on Sunday.

Missing plane still a mystery Play video

Nearly 48 hours after the last contact with Flight MH370, mystery surrounded its fate. Malaysia's air force chief said the Beijing-bound airliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before it vanished from radar screens.

"The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," a source involved in the investigations in Malaysia told Reuters.

If this is infact true that had to be one heckuva bomb/catatrosphic event to not have even found no debries but remains of the fuel.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I am glued to this mystery. I am leaning more to terrorism because of those bogus passports. But, I wouldn't rule out pilot suicide either. I hope the families are able to find closure soon. So sad.

I hate airplanes, ever since I was little. My dad had to drive an alternate route because I would start to cry when he drove near the airport and I would see them, hear them,-- that loud, roaring sound. I have never been on one and I hope I never have to. Ever! I dont cry anymore when I hear the planes, but I still get the panicky feeling.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't buy the disintegration approach just yet. There would still be some time to get off a signal(unless the cockpit exploded first) and there would be some debris one would think. I realize at 35k feet, it has a long ways to fall and would be spread out but to find nothing? That contradicts the oil(really fuel) slicks on the water scenario. You can't have two large slicks and a mid-air explosion.......

Someone should have seen an explosion....from a ship, another plane, someone.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just found this so take it with a grain of salt....

Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source
http://news.yahoo.com/missing-malaysian-jet-may-disintegrated-mid-air-source-002831393--sector.html

KUALA LUMPUR/PHU QUOC ISLAND, Vietnam (Reuters) - Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane.
International police agency Interpol confirmed that two passengers on the flight had used stolen Austrian and Italian passports, raising suspicions of foul play.

An Interpol spokeswoman said a check of all documents used to board the plane had revealed more "suspect passports" that were being further investigated. She was unable to say how many, or from which country or countries.

Malaysia's state news agency quoted Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi as saying the passengers using the stolen European passports were of Asian appearance, and criticizing border officials who let them through.

"I am still perturbed. Can't these immigration officials think? Italian and Austrian (passport holders) but with Asian faces," he was quoted as saying late on Sunday.

Missing plane still a mystery Play video

Nearly 48 hours after the last contact with Flight MH370, mystery surrounded its fate. Malaysia's air force chief said the Beijing-bound airliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before it vanished from radar screens.

"The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," a source involved in the investigations in Malaysia told Reuters.

If this is infact true that had to be one heckuva bomb/catatrosphic event to not have even found no debries but remains of the fuel.

I would question if the oil slick is from the plane if they say it disintegrated.

Seems like it'd be tough for a significant amount of fuel to hold itself together from 35K feet. Would that much even hit the ground at all? Seems like a lot would evaporate on the way down.

I think the oil is just that. Oil. They've gone chasing after a couple pieces of garbage already, I don't see why it's so unbelievable that this just couldn't be junk as well.

6-9 mile stretch just hard to imagine being jet fuel.

I just can't imagine the plane would actually disintegrate to that extent. There should be luggage and all sorts of stuff scattered around if it came apart at that altitude.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would question if the oil slick is from the plane if they say it disintegrated.

Seems like it'd be tough for a significant amount of fuel to hold itself together from 35K feet. Would that much even hit the ground at all? Seems like a lot would evaporate on the way down.

I think the oil is just that. Oil. They've gone chasing after a couple pieces of garbage already, I don't see why it's so unbelievable that this just couldn't be junk as well.

6-9 mile stretch just hard to imagine being jet fuel.

I just can't imagine the plane would actually disintegrate to that extent. There should be luggage and all sorts of stuff scattered around if it came apart at that altitude.

I agree, as I stated the same above. If it is indeed fuel on the water, that means the plane is submerged and the fuel leaked to the top and stayed close together. It would be possible to spread out that much(it is a very thin layer on top of the water), those 777's carry a lot of fuel and it just took off.

It is impossible for those two slicks to be from the same plane if it exploded at 35k feet. Fuel is fuel...it will burn and/or evaporate at that height. We(searchers) would also see debris in the form of seat cushions, luggage, plastic, etc, etc even if it was a massive explosion.

The plane did not get taken by terrorists and redirected to land elsewhere......that plane needs a long runway and it would not be kept a secret no matter where it landed.

I love all the conspiracies as much as the next guy, but it crashed into the South China Sea intact with minimal debris IMO. They will find it eventually and most of the questions will be answered.

What is being overlooked and most important is the lives of those on board and may they rest in peace....................answers to what happened is important to the families now.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I agree, as I stated the same above. If it is indeed fuel on the water, that means the plane is submerged and the fuel leaked to the top and stayed close together. It would be possible to spread out that much(it is a very thin layer on top of the water), those 777's carry a lot of fuel and it just took off.

It is impossible for those two slicks to be from the same plane if it exploded at 35k feet. Fuel is fuel...it will burn and/or evaporate at that height. We(searchers) would also see debris in the form of seat cushions, luggage, plastic, etc, etc even if it was a massive explosion.

The plane did not get taken by terrorists and redirected to land elsewhere......that plane needs a long runway and it would not be kept a secret no matter where it landed.

I love all the conspiracies as much as the next guy, but it crashed into the South China Sea intact with minimal debris IMO. They will find it eventually and most of the questions will be answered.

What is being overlooked and most important is the lives of those on board and may they rest in peace....................answers to what happened is important to the families now.

So if it crashed intact into the South China Sea how come there was no contact at all from 35,000 ft to impact? Maybe something happened at 35,000 ft that involved the cabin becoming depressurized with the pilots losing consciousness and being unable to communicate. Remember what happened to Payne Stewart?
I heard on the radio earlier where they said that the 2 people who got on the plane with the stolen passports got on one right after the other. So if that's true that's food for thought.

I cant imagine how grief stricken the families are right now this is horrible.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So if it crashed intact into the South China Sea how come there was no contact at all from 35,000 ft to impact? Maybe something happened at 35,000 ft that involved the cabin becoming depressurized with the pilots losing consciousness and being unable to communicate. Remember what happened to Payne Stewart?
I heard on the radio earlier where they said that the 2 people who got on the plane with the stolen passports got on one right after the other. So if that's true that's food for thought.

Well they bought their tickets together.

I guess human trafficking is big business. 10K for some passports.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

A few replies up I mentioned that it could have been a total electrical failure resulting in no communication. The pilots may have done their best to try a water landing and sunk into the sea with very little debris. If they lost consciousness, I doubt it would have been an easy ride down and the plane would be in pieces with lots of debris.

I don't know what happened as does anyone else at this point, just speculating on what seems most likely. Stewart's plane was a small one and was on auto-pilot until the fuel ran out. Something of this size could have been visible in the sky if there was an explosion.

This plane may have turned around indicating a malfunction of some sort but that doesn't explain why they failed to mention why they turned around. Lots of questions and nothing is adding up.............................

The passports may or may not be of relevance. Even if they attempted a hijacking or had explosives, where is the debris? Nothing adds up so far.

This will get really interesting if there is no new news in the next couple of days and that crazy UFO theory can even seem plausible!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I've started thinking about an alternative to the alien theory.

Wormhole theory. Some say "disintegrated", but I know better. They flew into a wormhole, and I'm sticking to it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 3m
Malaysian authorities investigating missing Malaysia Airlines flight confirm oil slick found is not from an aircraft - live video

Long story short, they've been looking in the wrong spot.

Wow. It's gonna suck if they find the wreckage and people are just floating around out there deceased with life vests on.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So now they're searching the west side of that peninsula, northwest from KL?

Based on the plane having turned in that direction?

Can you shut off all the equipment manually?

That plane was fueled up for 2700 miles, plus extra. How much extra would there be. Not saying I believe it but if you could shut off the equipment and fly it, that thing could be anywhere from Afghanistan to Australia.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So now they're searching the west side of that peninsula, northwest from KL?

Based on the plane having turned in that direction?

Can you shut off all the equipment manually?

That plane was fueled up for 2700 miles, plus extra. How much extra would there be. Not saying I believe it but if you could shut off the equipment and fly it, that thing could be anywhere from Afghanistan to Australia.

Once they got near anywhere with Radar, they would show up as a huge primary target, even without a transponder.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I can't believe they haven't found anything at all. Unreal.

You can watch directv in flight, just can't be sure anyone knows where you're at.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If it was a crash, I really hope that as few people as possible came out with injuries that are serious but not immediately life threatening. Be it relatively unscathed or perish in the crash, I seriously hope they aren't people who survived the event only to succumb to injuries and infection a day or two later as this circus of a rescue mission drags on.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I can't believe they haven't found anything at all. Unreal.

You can watch directv in flight, just can't be sure anyone knows where you're at.

I belong to a few professional pilot forums. Everyone is amazed at what is going on. This is definitely unprecedented.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So if the plane had several hours of fuel left the search area could possibly be the size of the United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.