Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could this be a possible cover-up for something else? No way this planded somewhere else, it would have been seen by someone and another radar would have picked it up.

I wonder if it crashed in the jungles of Vietnam or close by, it would be hard to spot from air if so. Whatever happened, I think they are looking in the wrong place.....

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Could this be a possible cover-up for something else? No way this planded somewhere else, it would have been seen by someone and another radar would have picked it up.

I wonder if it crashed in the jungles of Vietnam or close by, it would be hard to spot from air if so. Whatever happened, I think they are looking in the wrong place.....

You would think it would still be found though, wouldn't ya? Vietnam is pretty densely populated, isn't it?

Numbers-wise it looks like about 1/3 to 1/4 of the US in an area the size of New Mexico.

May not see it from the air but seems like it would have been hard to go unnoticed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You would think it would still be found though, wouldn't ya? Vietnam is pretty densely populated, isn't it?

Numbers-wise it looks like about 1/3 to 1/4 of the US in an area the size of New Mexico.

May not see it from the air but seems like it would have been hard to go unnoticed.

Yea, Vietnam has a density population that is pretty high, but....if the plane crashed in the Highlands, it could take awhile to find it. There are very few people there and are mostly tribal minority groups.

But, I agree that someone would have seen something.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yea, Vietnam has a density population that is pretty high, but....if the plane crashed in the Highlands, it could take awhile to find it. There are very few people there and are mostly tribal minority groups.

But, I agree that someone would have seen something.

I'm really curious why they have focused so much northwest of take off. Kinda suggests more than a turnaround maneuver to be the reason. Wonder if they showed up on radar crossing that peninsula.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Now they're saying that the plane was flying low and has been captured on radar way off course before lowering altitude and dipping off the map?

Oddest story ever.

Pretty large flaw in the system.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Lost signal to the east of the island at 1:30.

Showed up on radar and fell off to the west of the island at 2:40.

Almost impossible to imagine the plane was compromised and stayed in the air that long.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Here's one of those times where technology could have helped but because nobody thinks it'll ever be a problem nobody implements the expensive steps necessary.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, it looks like a hijacking is back on the table. The military says they tracked it an hour past the civilian radar and almost 1000 miles in a different direction flying low before it disappeared.

Some are saying the transponders were turned off deliberately and one of the pilots was known for letting people in the cockpit, even for the duration of flights.

Supposedly, where the new flight path leads to is a highly traveled strait and if it crashed there, someone would have spotted it.

I am still holding out hope that the plane did land somewhere and the authorities know about it and are in ransom negotiations but are trying their best to not leak any new info.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
check this out

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Well, it looks like a hijacking is back on the table. The military says they tracked it an hour past the civilian radar and almost 1000 miles in a different direction flying low before it disappeared.

Some are saying the transponders were turned off deliberately and one of the pilots was known for letting people in the cockpit, even for the duration of flights.

Supposedly, where the new flight path leads to is a highly traveled strait and if it crashed there, someone would have spotted it.

I am still holding out hope that the plane did land somewhere and the authorities know about it and are in ransom negotiations but are trying their best to not leak any new info.

Hostage takers would leak it for them. The media and public would pressure the government to meet the demands no matter how absurd.

If it's a hijacking it has to be one the most perfectly executed plans of all time to have it all work out like this.

This is Inside Man level mastermind stuff.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

No government could do that except North Korea.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Here's one of those times where technology could have helped but because nobody thinks it'll ever be a problem nobody implements the expensive steps necessary.

Having the transponders placed in an area of the plane where they can only accessed and turned off while on the ground does not seem like an expensive step to me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

wouldn't someone on the plane with a phone have made a call if that were the case?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Having the transponders placed in an area of the plane where they can only accessed and turned off while on the ground does not seem like an expensive step to me.
Not a good idea to have systems that can't be shut down by the pilot, for a number of reasons.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Not a good idea to have systems that can't be shut down by the pilot, for a number of reasons.

You are speaking in generalities. I am talking specifically about the transponder. I have not heard a pilot say there is ever a good or legitimate reason to shut off a transponder during flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.