Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
From an article on CNN:
Analyst: 'Deliberate act' shut down communication

"Another detail that emerged Thursday seemed to add a new twist to the mystery. Malaysian officials said two separate communications systems stopped 14 minutes apart.
The officials said the plane's data reporting system shut down at 1:07 a.m. Saturday, while the transponder transmitting location and altitude shut down at 1:21 a.m.
"This is beginning to come together to say that ...this had to have been some sort of deliberate act" and not a catastrophic failure, ABC News aviation analyst John Nance told CNN's Erin Burnett."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Maybe they were just troubleshooting by process of elimination. Well, that didn't work. Let's try another breaker. I don't know. If it were me, I'd try to communicate with whoever I could before I started turning things off. Maybe let folks know there might be a problem and, by the way, here I am.

The whole thing is just weird. It just doesn't make much sense. And if they did turn around and fly back over Malaysia, wouldn't it be feasible for some to use their cell phones at that time?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This plane was hijacked.

I don't know. That's a perfect hijacking then.

I think the plane landed on the water and couldn't communicate it's status. Then sank quickly.

I think the key was communication/transponder failure(electrical) etc.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is it's in the Indian Ocean somewhere, sadly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
By IAN MADER and EILEEN NG | Associated Press – 6 mins ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Someone deliberately diverted Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and shut down communications with the ground, and the jetliner continued flying for six hours, Malaysia's prime minister said Saturday. The announcement shifted the focus of the investigation to the crew and passengers on the plane, which has now been missing for more than a week.

Prime Minister Najib Razak's statement also meant the flight path of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to Beijing could have strayed as far as the southern Indian Ocean or northwest to Kazakhstan, complicating the work of search crews who already have been scouring vast stretches of ocean seeking the plane's 12-person crew and 227 passengers.

"Clearly the search for MH370 has entered a new phase," Najib said at a televised news conference. "It is widely understood that this has been a situation without precedent."

Read the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-leader-planes-disappearance-deliberate-064752321.html

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Now they're saying it flew for 7 hours after last contact. Wow, if it's a hijacking they're pretty much a week behind.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
More specifically, at the bottom. I've said this all along but would like to be proven wrong.

Now, I haven't really done much research on this or anything, but I would think that if the plane is at the bottom of the ocean then there would be debris floating somewhere in the ocean. Why has nobody found anything floating?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if.......the plane turned West and landed somewhere else while authorities were looking in the wrong areas allowing the plane to land, re-fuel and get back to the sky under everyone's noses? It could be anywhere in the Middle East or lost somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Basically, this plane was stolen right out from under everyone unsuspecting.

If this 777 is in fact in another country hidden from everyone, this is the caper of the century.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, I haven't really done much research on this or anything, but I would think that if the plane is at the bottom of the ocean then there would be debris floating somewhere in the ocean. Why has nobody found anything floating?

I don't know. But then it seems I have a lot of company when it comes to details about this aircraft.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What if.......the plane turned West and landed somewhere else while authorities were looking in the wrong areas allowing the plane to land, re-fuel and get back to the sky under everyone's noses? It could be anywhere in the Middle East or lost somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Basically, this plane was stolen right out from under everyone unsuspecting.

If this 777 is in fact in another country hidden from everyone, this is the caper of the century.

Yeah I've thought the same thing.

Whoever stole it had a plan that fooled the best intelligence the world has to offer but didn't have a gas station in the works?

I'm starting to wonder if it will ever be found.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It looks like someone took it.

If someone took it? To what ends?

Why have they not come forward and said, .. "we are 'xxxxxx', .. we took it, .. here is why, .. here is what we want."

They now have an airplane that they can't fly anywhere, .. what was their goal?

It will be interesting to find all of this out.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It looks like someone took it.

If someone took it? To what ends?

Why have they not come forward and said, .. "we are 'xxxxxx', .. we took it, .. here is why, .. here is what we want."

They now have an airplane that they can't fly anywhere, .. what was their goal?

It will be interesting to find all of this out.

actually they have an airplane that can be filled with thousands of pounds of explosives and then flown at low altitude and be used as a suicide bomb. That is just for starters. Assuming they have some people that can think and that seems likely, there are many possibilities that are available to them.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pilot suicide is a real possibility and this would not be the first time this has happened, if true.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Pilot suicide is a real possibility and this would not be the first time this has happened, if true.

Just curious but why would he take everyone out with him? Also what happens to the co-pilot in that situation?

joseephuss

Reaction score
What if the plane was just repossessed because Malaysia Airlines wasn't making their payments?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
actually they have an airplane that can be filled with thousands of pounds of explosives and then flown at low altitude and be used as a suicide bomb. That is just for starters. Assuming they have some people that can think and that seems likely, there are many possibilities that are available to them.

Yep.
Hijacking it eliminates the whole "trying" to get a bomb or explodes on plane. They can load it up!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
By IAN MADER and EILEEN NG | Associated Press – 6 mins ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Someone deliberately diverted Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and shut down communications with the ground, and the jetliner continued flying for six hours, Malaysia's prime minister said Saturday. The announcement shifted the focus of the investigation to the crew and passengers on the plane, which has now been missing for more than a week.

Prime Minister Najib Razak's statement also meant the flight path of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to Beijing could have strayed as far as the southern Indian Ocean or northwest to Kazakhstan, complicating the work of search crews who already have been scouring vast stretches of ocean seeking the plane's 12-person crew and 227 passengers.

"Clearly the search for MH370 has entered a new phase," Najib said at a televised news conference. "It is widely understood that this has been a situation without precedent."

Read the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-leader-planes-disappearance-deliberate-064752321.html

12 person crew? Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.