Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lodeus

Reaction score
lost-intro-o.gif

CashMan

Reaction score
a once in a lifetime occurrence, the chances of that happening are so infestimisimal, it is not worth worrying about

These are once in a lifetime things. They happen, then something is corrected.

I went to the Dominican Republic, a couple years ago. Their airport is like soooo laughable. It would of been soo easy to sneak something on board to the plane, very little safety measures.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
These are once in a lifetime things. They happen, then something is corrected.

I went to the Dominican Republic, a couple years ago. Their airport is like soooo laughable. It would of been soo easy to sneak something on board to the plane, very little safety measures.

that happens in North America as well, we have these "security measures" to make you feel safe but you are no more and no less safe than before. Trust me, having some no neck ****** at TSA stare at your passport and glare at your face is not making you any more safe.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thailand gives radar data 10 days after plane lost
Associated Press – 6 hrs ago

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's military said Tuesday that its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner's communications went down, and that it didn't share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn't specifically asked for it.

A twisting flight path described Tuesday by Thai air force spokesman Air Vice Marshal Montol Suchookorn took the plane to the Strait of Malacca, which is where Malaysian radar tracked Flight 370 early March 8. But Montol said the Thai military doesn't know whether it detected the same plane.

Thailand's failure to quickly share possible information regarding the fate of the plane, and the 239 people aboard it, may not substantially change what Malaysian officials know, but it raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defense information, even in the name of an urgent and mind-bending aviation mystery.

With only its own radar to go on, it took Malaysia a week to confirm that Flight 370 had entered the strait, an important detail that led it to change its search strategy.

When asked why it took so long to release the information, Montol said, "Because we did not pay any attention to it. The Royal Thai Air Force only looks after any threats against our country, so anything that did not look like a threat to us, we simply look at it without taking actions."

He said the plane never entered Thai airspace and that Malaysia's initial request for information in the early days of the search was not specific.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/thailand-gives-radar-data-10-days-plane-lost-124915659.html

CashMan

Reaction score
Thailand gives radar data 10 days after plane lost
Associated Press – 6 hrs ago

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's military said Tuesday that its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner's communications went down, and that it didn't share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn't specifically asked for it.

A twisting flight path described Tuesday by Thai air force spokesman Air Vice Marshal Montol Suchookorn took the plane to the Strait of Malacca, which is where Malaysian radar tracked Flight 370 early March 8. But Montol said the Thai military doesn't know whether it detected the same plane.

Thailand's failure to quickly share possible information regarding the fate of the plane, and the 239 people aboard it, may not substantially change what Malaysian officials know, but it raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defense information, even in the name of an urgent and mind-bending aviation mystery.

With only its own radar to go on, it took Malaysia a week to confirm that Flight 370 had entered the strait, an important detail that led it to change its search strategy.

When asked why it took so long to release the information, Montol said, "Because we did not pay any attention to it. The Royal Thai Air Force only looks after any threats against our country, so anything that did not look like a threat to us, we simply look at it without taking actions."

He said the plane never entered Thai airspace and that Malaysia's initial request for information in the early days of the search was not specific.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/thailand-gives-radar-data-10-days-plane-lost-124915659.html

It really is disgusting to see other countries lack of empathy for the families who are missing loved ones, because "it did not pose a threat to their country". One have one country who has no idea what they are doing(Malaysia), and another who just do not care(Thailand).

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think you are being a bit harsh to Thailand. It seems to me the way the sentence is written is an issue. They paid no notice to the plane as it was not seen as a threat. Probably didn't even think to look back later and were never asked specific information.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think you are being a bit harsh to Thailand. It seems to me the way the sentence is written is an issue. They paid no notice to the plane as it was not seen as a threat. Probably didn't even think to look back later and were never asked specific information.

That, and they don't want to give away information about the capabilities of their defense radar.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PzFeed Top News ‏@PzFeed 6m
BREAKING NEWS: Australia satellite imagery spots objects that look like aircraft parts. #MH370
BREAKING NEWS: Australia satellite imagery spots objects that look like aircraft parts. 4 aircrafts and Navy ships en route to check it out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible debris off Australia a 'credible lead' for missing Malaysia jet
By Jane Wardell and Siva Govindasamy

SYDNEY/KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Aircraft and ships ploughed through dire weather on Thursday in search of objects floating in remote seas off Australia that Malaysia's government called a "credible lead" in the trans-continental hunt for a jetliner missing for nearly two weeks.

The large objects, which Australian officials said were spotted by satellite four days ago in one of the remotest parts of the globe, are the most promising find in days as searchers scour a vast area for the plane lost with 239 people on board.

A Norwegian merchant ship arrived in the area on Thursday, but officials cautioned it could take days to confirm if the objects were parts of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777. Malaysia's government said the search would continue elsewhere despite the sighting in the southern Indian Ocean.

The area where the objects were spotted is around 2,500 km (1,500 miles) southwest of Perth, roughly corresponding to the far end of a southern track that investigators calculated the aircraft could have taken after it was diverted.

Read the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/australia-say...y-malaysian-plane-035353090--sector.html?vp=1

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm just not sure this is it. In other news Malay sent 2 jets to kakystan as well. Something doesn't seem right about where the debris are. Call me skeptical

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Very difficult to know what's going on.
The media needs/wants to keep a story in the news. So they make something out of nothing/anything/everything and that leads to conspiracy/terrorist-type "news".

Sadly, I think things just went wrong until it crashed at sea.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I find it funny how this story has more headwind than the developing Ukraine conflict. It's definitely tragic, but in the grand scheme of things it's just a plane crash. Ukraine could potentially change the landscape of international politics and not that many people seem to care at the moment because people aren't being shot at.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I find it funny how this story has more headwind than the developing Ukraine conflict. It's definitely tragic, but in the grand scheme of things it's just a plane crash. Ukraine could potentially change the landscape of international politics and not that many people seem to care at the moment because people aren't being shot at.

Maybe the plane that cant be found story has a purpose. Maybe other things of much greater importance are taking place but this is a diversion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

probably because that would be political in nature and a nono.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've noticed recently that terrorists are all about making headlines by announcing they were behind the attacks.

My conclusion is along the lines of what Nirvana mentioned earlier. If it was a terrorist plot, it went bad and was not executed. Therefore the terrorist organization behind it will not publicize it in an effort to keep the investigators from finding out the true objective was of the "mission".

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that terrorists are all about making headlines by announcing they were behind the attacks.

My conclusion is along the lines of what Nirvana mentioned earlier. If it was a terrorist plot, it went bad and was not executed. Therefore the terrorist organization behind it will not publicize it in an effort to keep the investigators from finding out the true objective was of the "mission".

Or they could have the plane and have future plans for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.