Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Officials Say Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane 'Ended in the Southern Indian Ocean'
By COLLEEN CURRY | Good Morning America – 3 minutes 56 seconds ago

New satellite data reveals that missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 "ended" its journey in a "remote location" of the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said today.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean," a somber Razak said during a media briefing.

The jet vanished on March 8 with 289 people on board after it took off from Kuala Lampur bound for Beijing.
The new information came from British satellite maker Inmarsat, which used a new type of analysis never before used to try and pinpoint the plane's last known location, Razak said.

"[Inmarsat] has been performing calculations on the data using type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort and they have been able to shed more light on MH370. Based on the new analysis, Inmarsat and the [British] Accidents Investigation Branch have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor and that it's last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth," Razak said.

Read the rest: http://gma.yahoo.com/missing-malays...ian-ocean-140638663--abc-news-topstories.html

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
They don't have any more solid information than they ever did, .. they just want this to go away.

Speculation.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't have any more solid information than they ever did, .. they just want this to go away.

Speculation.

What's speculative about it? For them to make such a definitive statement, clearly there has to be something solid to back it up.

They haven't recovered anything, but there seems to be evidence of cargo that was part of the plane floating in that area.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Our only hope of knowing what happened rests with finding the 'black box' and hoping it isn't too damaged. Even then, we may never ever know what truly happened. Pilot suicide seems to be the most likely reason, but even that theory has some holes. There just is no theory or reason that makes sense.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't know that they found anything from 370.

From the article:

Earlier today, an Australian plane spotted two objects described as gray or green and "circular" as well as orange and "rectangular" in the search area off Australia's coast.

Other search crews had spotted "suspicious objects" in the Indian Ocean over the weekend -- including items believed to be wooden pallets. The Malaysian government said that the missing Boeing 777-200 had been carrying wooden pallets, were not yet sure whether the pallets matched.

It's minimal, but they haven't made such definitive statements before. So there may be something in those satellite images to back it up.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The Malaysian government has given false information in the past.

We will find out what this debris is on the water, .. but for now we don't know if it is 370.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I've noticed recently that terrorists are all about making headlines by announcing they were behind the attacks.

My conclusion is along the lines of what Nirvana mentioned earlier. If it was a terrorist plot, it went bad and was not executed. Therefore the terrorist organization behind it will not publicize it in an effort to keep the investigators from finding out the true objective was of the "mission".

so absence of evidence of a terrorist plot is not evidence of absence of a terrorist plot?

I wonder if that general who was pontificating on Hannity that his review of the data shows the plane to be in Pakistan will fess up to being wrong.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
so absence of evidence of a terrorist plot is not evidence of absence of a terrorist plot?

I wonder if that general who was pontificating on Hannity that his review of the data shows the plane to be in Pakistan will fess up to being wrong.

Not exactly...I just think the terrorists wouldn't want to claim responsibility of the hijack if it went bad or if they screwed up. Who knows what really happened...

burmafrd

Reaction score
What's speculative about it? For them to make such a definitive statement, clearly there has to be something solid to back it up.

They haven't recovered anything, but there seems to be evidence of cargo that was part of the plane floating in that area.

and governments never lie.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
From the article:

It's minimal, but they haven't made such definitive statements before. So there may be something in those satellite images to back it up.

There still isn't any actual evidence. They are acting like refs who screwed up in the superbowl and are telling everyone to go home game is over. Please leave us alone.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I fly for a living & pilots I work with said they feel it crashed in the ocean. We all hope not & it sure is a sad situation.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Malaysian government has given false information in the past.

We will find out what this debris is on the water, .. but for now we don't know if it is 370.

The debris is all at the bottom of the ocean with Osama Bin Laden :D

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

How do you know the General is wrong? There is no plane to prove where it is. You actually believe any of these governments will tell you anything you can count on? Everyday we get a new and different story and there is no logical progression of it unfolding but rather its just contradictions and no dots can be connected.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
How do you know the General is wrong? There is no plane to prove where it is. You actually believe any of these governments will tell you anything you can count on? Everyday we get a new and different story and there is no logical progression of it unfolding but rather its just contradictions and no dots can be connected.

there is NOTHING to say it is in Pakistan either

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
there is NOTHING to say it is in Pakistan either

At least there isnt anything made public. I have no clue where it is just like everyone else that only gets the spoon fed info from the media. The only thing we know is that we dont know.

I didnt hear what the General said so I cant comment on that. He apparently had reasons to say what he did and prob thot they were good reasons. My only point in the previous post was that its not necessary for him to backtrack or admit anything unless his theory is PROVEN wrong by credible evidence - of which Im betting you dont have, or anyone else.

visionary

Reaction score
At least there isnt anything made public. I have no clue where it is just like everyone else that only gets the spoon fed info from the media. The only thing we know is that we dont know.

I didnt hear what the General said so I cant comment on that. He apparently had reasons to say what he did and prob thot they were good reasons. My only point in the previous post was that its not necessary for him to backtrack or admit anything unless his theory is PROVEN wrong by credible evidence - of which Im betting you dont have, or anyone else.

So you are saying that since there is no credible evidence either way, let's just blame some faceless terrorists ?
Yeah, that makes perfect sense

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
What post did you read that in? Definitely not the one you quoted.

thumbs-up-clipart-65.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.