MLB 2017 Regular Season

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK starting a brand new season.

First the Astros... It's all about the starting pitching. It's an OK staff as it exists, but it's not on the level of Red Sox, Indians, Mets and Nationals. The team is loaded on offense and in the bullpen. But it's the starting staff that will determine if this is a wildcard team or one that that wins the division.

The Yankees are a year away IMO from being a serious playoff team. They have some talented youngsters with some past-their-prime oldsters. Overall the team will be great is some spots, good in others and not so good in others (like 3B and at least two of the starting pitching spots). I'm thinking they'll be a 3rd/4th place club.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We got us a perfect game brewing by Bumgardner on opening day......

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
OK starting a brand new season.

First the Astros... It's all about the starting pitching. It's an OK staff as it exists, but it's not on the level of Red Sox, Indians, Mets and Nationals. The team is loaded on offense and in the bullpen. But it's the starting staff that will determine if this is a wildcard team or one that that wins the division.

The Yankees are a year away IMO from being a serious playoff team. They have some talented youngsters with some past-their-prime oldsters. Overall the team will be great is some spots, good in others and not so good in others (like 3B and at least two of the starting pitching spots). I'm thinking they'll be a 3rd/4th place club.

If today is any indication the SP will be the big ?

If they struggle there they're gonna struggle to get to .500, if that

Its also the big ? for the Orioles now that Tillman has his shoulder issues.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If today is any indication the SP will be the big ?

If they struggle there they're gonna struggle to get to .500, if that

Its also the big ? for the Orioles now that Tillman has his shoulder issues.

Exactly.

Tanaka had like a 0.35 ERA during spring games... But today he was pounded.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Exactly.

Tanaka had like a 0.35 ERA during spring games... But today he was pounded.

I think ST ERA doesnt mean much.

Its just one game. Nobody expects the Rays to be a powerhouse. But you'd like to see your opening day starter have a better showing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think ST ERA doesnt mean much.

Its just one game. Nobody expects the Rays to be a powerhouse. But you'd like to see your opening day starter have a better showing.

Agreed.

I think that's two openers in a row he's lost.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I would like to say to all the Rangers fans and also all the baseball fans in general. Lets hope for a great season, with as little injuries and the most fun as possible. Good luck to you all.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to say to all the Rangers fans and also all the baseball fans in general. Lets hope for a great season, with as little injuries and the most fun as possible. Good luck to you all.

I think Ranger fans are going to feel the sting of regression this season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think Ranger fans are going to feel the sting of regression this season.
Im going to try and be as objective as I can here. because i have my own thoughts towards the Rangers. And a certain player and manager of the rangers. I think you guys will be ok. It all comes down to pitching my dude. The bats are there IMO

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im going to try and be as objective as I can here. because i have my own thoughts towards the Rangers. And a certain player and manager of the rangers. I think you guys will be ok. It all comes down to pitching my dude. The bats are there IMO

It's a long season and a lot can happen... I'm penning the Rangers 3rd after the Astros and Mariners.

Houston is loaded on offense and in the pen. They have to put all that potential together.

Mariners have a decent mix of young & old but they've already lost a starting pitcher for 2 months.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's a long season and a lot can happen... I'm penning the Rangers 3rd after the Astros and Mariners.

Houston is loaded on offense and in the pen. They have to put all that potential together.

Mariners have a decent mix of young & old but they've already lost a starting pitcher for 2 months.
What are your thoughts on the AL East?

phildadon86

Reaction score
One day I'm thinking Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Yankees.

Then the next I'm thinking Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles.

Very close (obviously).
I think Morales has a huge year. Sky Dome is a homerun hitters park. A LA Donaldson 2 years ago.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wake up to baseball in October. Before that, the sport is monotonous and boring. At best, I'll have it on the TV as background noise. Allow all the guys to juice up again and I might be more interested in the 162 game marathon.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Keuchel did what he needed to yesterday... And that was throw like he did in 2015 and not like he did over the first half of last year. But he says he's healthy this year.