MLB 2017 Regular Season

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the AL East?

It was a great 2 games to start the season!

0e67830b78abf78dd55f4d6bc4c344f7.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A tad early to get prickly guys... lol

The Rangers look shaky. The pitching staff isn't starting off well.

Houston on the other hand... looking sharp!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The fact you still have that stupid picture as your DP just shows me everything i need to know. Remind me how the wild card game went again?

It was a great baseball moment. Everybody but Poo Jay fans celebrated it and rightfully so.

Its a new season. The wild card game is in the past. The Orioles will be in the post season again while the Jays watch on tv becuz they wont make it this year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was a great baseball moment. Everybody but Poo Jay fans celebrated it and rightfully so.

Its a new season. The wild card game is in the past. The Orioles will be in the post season again while the Jays watch on tv becuz they wont make it this year.
Yeah great baseball moment, a loser punching another idiot in the face for a bat flip. Then Odur bat flips and all is ok with it right? I hate hypocrisy. Baltimore very well may be in the playoffs, the Jays may be too. Its going to be a great season, best of luck to your O's

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Angels are a dark horse. We've had 20 LF start since 2014. Maybin will be here to stay for the whole year. He isn't Joyce et al. Hopefully Richards' stem cell treatment holds up and Skaggs can play a whole season. Richards suffered a bicep "cramp" last night after pitching lights out. All of Angels nation held their proverbial breath. Our catcher, Maldonado, is a defensive gem, already picking off a player at first and throwing out Davis at second (last year's leader in steals in the AL). And Simba is being Simba, but hitting the **** out of the ball. Scioscia (and Eppler), as much as I've wanted him gone in the past, has a fast, defensively sound team, with an underrated BP.

Trout is leaner and Calhoun is the league's best kept secret. Trouty will win his third MVP.

Next year Arte's opening up the bank. He's already said so. He wants to build a contender with the albatross contracts of the worthless, drug addict Hamilton off the books, as well as CJ Wilson. He's also attacking the international market. We'll also be getting back Heaney after his TJ surgery. He (Arte) held back the last couple years due to his own ineptitude, but Eppler, our new GM, is a gem.

Good luck, Texan fans.

ETA -- we also have a bevy of long relievers now who can pitch more than one damn inning. Y'all sleeping on us, it'll be fun.

Last edited:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Good start to the season. Orioles bullpen hasnt given up any runs so far. Best bullpen in the AL returns from last season. Crush is said to be healthy. Team should be the league leader in homeruns or in the top 3 at least. Defense will be adequate but wont be the top defense like a couple years ago. Both corner OF spots are suspect and JJ Hardy while solid doesnt have the same range as in the past. If the SP can be middle of the pack this team should win the division or be a shoe in for the WC.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Astros, while not looking dominant, have their first winning record through the first 10 games of the season in decade.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah great baseball moment, a loser punching another idiot in the face for a bat flip. Then Odur bat flips and all is ok with it right? I hate hypocrisy. Baltimore very well may be in the playoffs, the Jays may be too. Its going to be a great season, best of luck to your O's

So what the heck is going on with Toronto?

phildadon86

Reaction score
So what the heck is going on with Toronto?
Its called having a manager who refuses to adjust to put his team in a situation to win. He consistently sits there and tells his guys to swing for the fences with runners on base instead of saying put the ball in play and lets score some runs and get your averages and confidence up. Its brutal. That team has too much talent to stay quiet for too long. I just hope its not to late when the bats get going.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That team has too much talent to stay quiet for too long. I just hope its not to late when the bats get going.

Well that's it. It's easy to say, "Well it's only April."

Last season the team with the best record in the AL after May 1st?

Houston Astros.

And where did that get them? No where. Because they had a 7-17 April.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well that's it. It's easy to say, "Well it's only April."

Last season the team with the best record in the AL after May 1st?

Houston Astros.

And where did that get them? No where. Because they had a 7-17 April.
Exactly why I am worried. I wish this roster had a real manager like say...Francona in the dugout. Then you would see an entirely different ball club. But nooooooooo we got the guy who thinks its smart not to try hitting away from the shift in a game 6 with a guy on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out and brings in the coldest bat on the team. LOL