Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Rams and eagles gave up significant draft capital too move up and acquire a qb

Come on ur not making sense

We weren't taking him over zeke
Jags weren't taking him over Ramsey
Ravens maybe instead of Stanley

He was an incredible player in college compared too kuechly by more then a few analysts. But even Luke was drafted 8th...
I'm saying we would not have been able to get him if the injury never happened he defiantly would have gone top 5 but most likely number 1

millennial_legend

Reaction score
He can play any linebacker position probably could play safety or corner if asked to
Not too far off athletically if he lost weight. Look at the Shaq Griffin twins in Seattle, they're identical twins and one gained weight and moved to linebacker, the other stayed skinny and is a corner, but they both have the same exact speed as per the combine.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Not too far off athletically if he lost weight. Look at the Shaq Griffin twins in Seattle, they're identical twins and one gained weight and moved to linebacker, the other stayed skinny and is a corner, but they both have the same exact speed as per the combine.
I think Jaylon could be Woddy part 2 if they decided to try it but am sure he is going to be a very good linebacker he is also a smart guy

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I would play Jaylon at the weakside, Lee at the middle, and LVE at the strong side for now (moving to the middle when he is ready) and the Lee at the strong side.

plymkr

Reaction score
Say what you want about his abilities, but the guy is as mentally tough as they come given what he has gone through these past 2+ years.

I don't expect him to be the player he would have been pre-injury. I just want him to be a solid contributor.

That's about what you should expect for a second round pick.
My biggest fear is he becomes the player he was pre-injury and signs with another team in FA. I'd be mad if Dallas puts in the work and another team benefits.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
My biggest fear is he becomes the player he was pre-injury and signs with another team in FA. I'd be mad if Dallas puts in the work and another team benefits.
Can’t imagine Jerry let’s that happen.

Rayman70

Reaction score
when I say a thumper,I mean Navarro Bowman. That's not really a knock on our current group ,I just know what Bowman can do and I trust him. In our system, we need that bigger LB in the middle to anchor that area. Jaylon is way too small. Lee is oft injured and too smallish...and LVE is a rookie and so its a lot to ask of him to step right in and be Luke Keuchly. Its really unfair IMO. We need to bring him along gradually and signing Bowman would be a huge plus.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I would play Jaylon at the weakside, Lee at the middle, and LVE at the strong side for now (moving to the middle when he is ready) and the Lee at the strong side.

Lee couldn’t stay healthy when he played in the middle. Too much contact. If the idea is to keep him on the field (and it should be) then we’re better off with LVE starting in the middle.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
LVE is a rookie and so its a lot to ask of him to step right in and be Luke Keuchly. Its really unfair IMO. We need to bring him along gradually and signing Bowman would be a huge plus.

If you sign Bowman then you don’t draft LVE. A first rounder other than QB doesn’t sit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lee couldn’t stay healthy when he played in the middle. Too much contact. If the idea is to keep him on the field (and it should be) then we’re better off with LVE starting in the middle.
Only thing that I'm concerned with is plugging in a rookie at MLB and expecting him to get the defensive calls right and staying healthy. Its a tall order for a rook. I'd rather sign/start Bowman and rotate the kid in slowly.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Only thing that I'm concerned with is plugging in a rookie at MLB and expecting him to get the defensive calls right and staying healthy. Its a tall order for a rook. I'd rather sign/start Bowman and rotate the kid in slowly.

I agree - but Bowman isn’t on the team. I don’t understand why the Cowboys aren’t adding him or another linebacker - the position lacks depth. Who steps in if Lee goes down?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree - but Bowman isn’t on the team. I don’t understand why the Cowboys aren’t adding him or another linebacker - the position lacks depth. Who steps in if Lee goes down?
bingo!! Its a mistake not to sign proven depth. If we are putting all our eggs into the LVE basket,I'm scared. We have nada depth if someone goes down.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW..I haven't forgotten that we signed Joe Thomas. Its that I can't rely on him at this point as far as "proven depth" goes. I think it would be foolish to count on him for much.Give me Bowman or Kendricks.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Navarro Bowman wants to stay in the Bay Area. He’s made that clear.

From the looks of things, so far, The team wants Smith at the middle. But it’d be nice if somehow Kendricks could be signed. He’d allow LVE to not have to play so many snaps. He’d be great insurance for any injuries that might occur. And also allow a decent rotation of Linebackers because of his ability to play all three spots. He probably is way out of the Cowboys price range but he’d be a nice pickup.