MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Yankees too a big hit to their depth with Bird being out with shoulder surgery for the entire season... OUCH!

That's not a good thing for a team with so much age at positions where he could have provided adequate back-up.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My perscriptuon to fix baseball:

1. shotclock on pitches
2. on a full count, three consecutive foul balls puts you out
3. 80 games, not 180 or whatver it is
4. ban the in and out of the batterbox to adjust gloves after every pitch, you step in once, youre in for the entire at bat

I completely disagree with all this reduced game time total nonsense.

Is a game of "feel" and rhythm. How much can they shorten games realistically? No significant amount.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Yankees too a big hit to their depth with Bird being out with shoulder surgery for the entire season... OUCH!

That's not a good thing for a team with so much age at positions where he could have provided adequate back-up.

I agree.

The only good thing is if Tex has same year like last year minus the fluke foul ball injury. We are good at first.

Rogah

Reaction score

matusz.jpg

Rogah

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Fail after fail after fail after fail after fail . . . . . . .

Always trying to find some way to justify the Cheatriots 15+ yrs of cheating yet never able to do it:lmao2:
Now now.... don't be so butthurt that after you ranted and raved for months about fairplay and following the rules and integrity, one of your own got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. :laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

You hate cheaters, right? You hate players and organizations that cheat, right? Why haven't you uttered a single word of condemnation regarding the above?? :muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

Last edited:

Keifer

Reaction score

Please take your trolling back to the endless Patriot discussions. This is the one thread I actually enjoy reading during the offseason so I would appreciate it if you would keep your whos the biggest cheater slap fight out of it.

Rogah

Reaction score
Please take your trolling back to the endless Patriot discussions. This is the one thread I actually enjoy reading during the offseason so I would appreciate it if you would keep your whos the biggest cheater slap fight out of it.
Just talking baseball in a baseball thread.... :D

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

You mean the guy who complains that others "hijack" threads is doing it himself? Shocking :muttley:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today was "Truck day" for the Houston Astros...

The equipment semi was loaded and is off to Florida.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Today was "Truck day" for the Houston Astros...

The equipment semi was loaded and is off to Florida.

Today is opening day for our little league. We had opening ceremonies for the league and have our first game. All the teams lined up with their new uniforms put me in the mood for baseball. Its a great time of year! Baseball is HERE! IMO this is the best sports time of the year when spring training starts. Daytona/Speedweeks starts tonight and baseball is next. Better than football training camp and preseason.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
grandsons first game for his varsity high school was last night. He is 14 and in the 9th grade and pitching against Jrs and Seniors 16 and 17 years old. Coach pulled him from center field last night with bases loaded, no outs a and a 3-1 count against the batter. (he meant to have him warm up first but he went straight to the mound grabbed the ball, threw his warm up pitchers there and proceeded to strike out that batter, the next batter then got the third out on a grounder to 3rd. Grandpa is proud. He then proceeded to pitch two more scoreless innings.

So much fun to see him have that much success.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
grandsons first game for his varsity high school was last night. He is 14 and in the 9th grade and pitching against Jrs and Seniors 16 and 17 years old. Coach pulled him from center field last night with bases loaded, no outs a and a 3-1 count against the batter. (he meant to have him warm up first but he went straight to the mound grabbed the ball, threw his warm up pitchers there and proceeded to strike out that batter, the next batter then got the third out on a grounder to 3rd. Grandpa is proud. He then proceeded to pitch two more scoreless innings.

So much fun to see him have that much success.

Good for him Rob! I will tell you the truth. In my life, some of the best moments of my life have been watching the ones I love succeed. Conversely, some of the most painful have been watching them fail or suffer pain.

I hope you and he both have many moments like this to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.