MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am surprised by the signing. Thought surely the Wilpons would not pay that much money. Good for them. Now I will back of criticizing them for a couple of days.

Welcome back Yoenis! Three years for 75 mill with an opt-out clause after the first year isn't bad.

The Mets signed B-astardo for the pen too, a really good pick-up(evidently, we can't type his name on here).

This is a formidable line-up fellas :D

1. Grandy
2. Walker
3. Cespedes
4 wright
5. Duda
6. Tda
7. Conforto
8. Cabrera

I thought cespedes was a bad signing.
He wanted 7 year deal. (He couldny buy a hit after he told the mets that) lol

I'm glad he is off the market. Yankees may have made same mistake.

Cespedes showed that it was more important to look fashionable with that orange and yellow arm sleeve than play the outfield properly and to get a base hit when it mattered.

Reminds me off, "you'd rather look good losing than to look bad winning"... "Right Sidney"

Mets just pissed away at least $25 million for one year.

In other news... Chapman Not likely to serve long... Or any suspension at all....Woohoo!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought cespedes was a bad signing.
He wanted 7 year deal. (He couldny buy a hit after he told the mets that) lol

I'm glad he is off the market. Yankees may have made same mistake.

Cespedes showed that it was more important to look fashionable with that orange and yellow arm sleeve than play the outfield properly and to get a base hit when it mattered.

Reminds me off, "you'd rather look good losing than to look bad winning"... "Right Sidney"

Mets just pissed away at least $25 million for one year.

In other news... Chapman Not likely to serve long... Or any suspension at all....Woohoo!

Well he's not a $25 mil per season player. But better the Mets retain him rather than let him go to the Nationals.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He gets $27.5 million this.

That's a lot to keep him away from a team. A chip Kelly / Demario Murray move.

The opt-out clause should put a fire under him. He would be better off putting up monster numbers and trying FA again. IMO, it is a win-win for the Mets. They could not afford to lose him either, him playing 162 should pay off in the long run regardless of what he does in the playoffs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The opt-out clause should put a fire under him. He would be better off putting up monster numbers and trying FA again. IMO, it is a win-win for the Mets. They could not afford to lose him either, him playing 162 should pay off in the long run regardless of what he does in the playoffs.

Dunno.

At this point he's guaranteed what? $25 mil a season for the next 3 years...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dunno.

At this point he's guaranteed what? $25 mil a season for the next 3 years...

Yes but if he opts-out, the Mets are off the hook for the last two seasons. Basically, they are paying him 27 million in a contract year. I expect him to work harder if he really wants to make some money!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but if he opts-out, the Mets are off the hook for the last two seasons. Basically, they are paying him 27 million in a contract year. I expect him to work harder if he really wants to make some money!

We'll see but I don't think you're going to see last year's numbers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Fire? He had all the fire under him that he needed.... Hey mets, I'm gonna want a 7 year deal.... Look at me!
Waste of $27.5 mil

That's true.

I'm just not sure who the Mets would put out there that can hit .250 and get 25 HRs.

Damn. That just reads wrong. Lol

That's AROD money. He hit around .300 and hit 30, 40, 50 home runs a year.

I'm sure they can get same for more.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Fire? He had all the fire under him that he needed.... Hey mets, I'm gonna want a 7 year deal.... Look at me!
Waste of $27.5 mil

Damn. That just reads wrong. Lol

That's AROD money. He hit around .300 and hit 30, 40, 50 home runs a year.

I'm sure they can get same for more.

Aw this is just precious. A Yankee fan with their 200 million dollar payroll being critical of another teams spending. Gee, How is that Arod contract working our for you? How has the SAbathia contract worked out for you the past three years, how did AJ Burnett work out for you. Cespedes contract still puts the Mets 50 million under the Yankees. And last I checked the mets were in the World Series last year. If he hits, it was a great contract. If he doesnt, it wasnt. You nver know with these prima dona athletes how they will respond. Hopefully he stays healthy.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aw this is just precious. A Yankee fan with their 200 million dollar payroll being critical of another teams spending. Gee, How is that Arod contract working our for you? How has the SAbathia contract worked out for you the past three years, how did AJ Burnett work out for you. Cespedes contract still puts the Mets 50 million under the Yankees. And last I checked the mets were in the World Series last year. If he hits, it was a great contract. If he doesnt, it wasnt. You nver know with these prima dona athletes how they will respond. Hopefully he stays healthy.

OMG my response is going to fun.

I hate the big contracts.
I love that the three guys you mentioned netted us World Series #27. You, the Mets... Can't say that! Ha!

You were in the World Series. Won 1 game.
In last two World Series... You have won a grand total of TWO GAMES..... 2 games... Now that is precious ... Not!

He cannot do enough to justify that contract.
He's been on what? 4 different teams in 4 years. If he was that good.... Well.... You know the rest,,..

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
A Skankee fan criticizing another team for a potentially bad contract?

Just priceless . . . .

FloridaRob

Reaction score
OMG my response is going to fun.

I hate the big contracts.
I love that the three guys you mentioned netted us World Series #27. You, the Mets... Can't say that! Ha!

You were in the World Series. Won 1 game.
In last two World Series... You have won a grand total of TWO GAMES..... 2 games... Now that is precious ... Not!

He cannot do enough to justify that contract.
He's been on what? 4 different teams in 4 years. If he was that good.... Well.... You know the rest,,..

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Gee, cesoedes has been with the team less than a year. He is the reason they won the east. Without him they don't. And I wonder if Steinbrenner agrees with you that the 600 +million he spent in those three is worth just one world series. I would prefer cespedes contract over the albatross contract of arod.

And tell me again how A-Rod does in the playoffs. I think the Yankees won in spite of the A-Rod and not because of him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Gee, cesoedes has been with the team less than a year. He is the reason they won the east. Without him they don't. And I wonder if Steinbrenner agrees with you that the 600 +million he spent in those three is worth just one world series. I would prefer cespedes contract over the albatross contract of arod.

And tell me again how A-Rod does in the playoffs. I think the Yankees won in spite of the A-Rod and not because of him.

Are we being honest? Let's be honest.... Mets won the east because the Nats imploded and hated, really really hated their coach.

I agree on AROD contract.
You are wrong about 2009 World Series. We don't get to playoffs and win it without him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we stop the contract-slinging and focus on the MLB offseason?

You guys have been down this road many times before and it results in... nothing.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Are we being honest? Let's be honest.... Mets won the east because the Nats imploded and hated, really really hated their coach.

I agree on AROD contract.
You are wrong about 2009 World Series. We don't get to playoffs and win it without him.

Cespedes helped with the nats implosion. Labor day weekend did the damage. I don't have no problem with the contract. 140 million is still way below the Yankees and Dodgers. How they split it up doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.