MLB Playoffs 19

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that's what i thought

Yea, this topic confuses many. The days a pitcher starts is not considered a rest day. Generally. a pitcher pitches every fifth day after a start which equal four rest days in between but sometimes it can be five rest days depending on schedule(day off) or rainouts.

For example:

Monday - Pitcher makes a start
Tuesday- Rest day one
Wednesday- Rest day two
Thursday- Rest day three
Friday- Rest day four
Saturday- Pitchers next start(fifth day after previous start)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yea, this topic confuses many. The days a pitcher starts is not considered a rest day. Generally. a pitcher pitches every fifth day after a start which equal four rest days in between but sometimes it can be five rest days depending on schedule(day off) or rainouts.

For example:

Monday - Pitcher makes a start
Tuesday- Rest day one
Wednesday- Rest day two
Thursday- Rest day three
Friday- Rest day four
Saturday- Pitchers next start(fifth day after previous start)

Right, and typically starting pitchers go 4 in the postseason. 3 isn't the end of the world, but I think the Nats would have a huge advantage if they forced Houston to go with Cole on 3 days rest in game 4 and potentially Verlander on 3 days rest again for game 5. Tomorrow night will be huge

kskboys

Reaction score
Right, and typically starting pitchers go 4 in the postseason. 3 isn't the end of the world, but I think the Nats would have a huge advantage if they forced Houston to go with Cole on 3 days rest in game 4 and potentially Verlander on 3 days rest again for game 5. Tomorrow night will be huge
Urquidy prolly starting tomorrow night.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Astros just too much talent in a 7 game series. I don't see the Nats winning another game

JayFord

Reaction score
The nats bullpen is so off id consider using my starter for 8 innings and letting another starter close it out

its a really bad strategy but you gotta send thar bullpen a message

kskboys

Reaction score
Most excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are back in it.

Is this the first time where the first 4 games of a WS were won by the visitor?