MLB playoffs 2017

Shunpike

Reaction score
No, I think the game tied, 3-3. That's all even and that's not opinion. I don't that game was lost in the first inning but hey, to each his own.
Hi ABQ

I agree that the game didn’t end there but Momentum shifted as soon as Didi hit that home run. After that home run I knew we wouldn’t lose this game. I honestly think 90% of Yankees fans were feeling the same.

New York City missed the Yankees big time. Right now the city is rocking. I think we will win the Indians series as well. I feel it. I felt it right after Didi hit that home run. Not kidding :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hi ABQ

I agree that the game didn’t end there but Momentum shifted as soon as Didi hit that home run. After that home run I knew we wouldn’t lose this game. I honestly think 90% of Yankees fans were feeling the same.

New York City missed the Yankees big time. Right now the city is rocking. I think we will win the Indians series as well. I feel it. I felt it right after Didi hit that home run. Not kidding :)

Well, I learned a long time ago that good pitching beats good hitting in the playoffs. If Cleveland gets the kind of pitching they did in the regular season, it could be tough for a club with a lot of young hitters. If they don't and the Yankees young kids stay hot, it could be a real upset for the Yankees.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hi ABQ

Yes!

Like I said.... an 8-0 deficit in first. We toast!

Yes, we are rocking this town!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Leave out half of my argument. Cool lol

You... you are good you....

If that's how you feel, that is cool but I am only talking about the facts. That facts are as I stated them. Add nothing to it, take nothing away from it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If that's how you feel, that is cool but I am only talking about the facts. That facts are as I stated them. Add nothing to it, take nothing away from it.

Lol

I lo you meng.

The FACT that Girardi put Green in.... saved the game! (Psst.... that's before we tied it up) wink wink

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I learned a long time ago that good pitching beats good hitting in the playoffs. If Cleveland gets the kind of pitching they did in the regular season, it could be tough for a club with a lot of young hitters. If they don't and the Yankees young kids stay hot, it could be a real upset for the Yankees.

The Yankees have one heck of a bullpen. If the starters can avoid being blown-up the team has a shot.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lol

I lo you meng.

The FACT that Girardi put Green in.... saved the game! (Psst.... that's before we tied it up) wink wink

Correct, that's pretty much what I said to begin with. However, the game was still tied at the end of the first. That game was lost after the 1st on the field.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but their pitching has not been as good as Cleveland's this season. Cleveland has pretty much had the best pitching in the majors.

I just hope it's a good series.

Cleveland also played in the worst division in the AL.

Top pitching staff... But probably not as good as its numbers.

Shunpike

Reaction score
This Yankees team is full of hungry lions. And being underdog helps take the pressure off. I think this series will end in Bronx 3-1. Yankees win one of the two in Cleveland and win both match ups in Bronx.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
For the record, I think Trout is one of the best players I've ever seen play the game. I don't have any idea how good Judge might end up being. Baseball is a game with lots of different kinds of players. Trout is a do it all guy. Judge could end up being a very good player on both sides of the game but he will never be the all around hitter that Trout is, IMO. However, if he continues to develop, he could end up being one of the best power hitters ever.

Who's the greatest player in the history of MLB? Is it Willie Mays or is it Babe Ruth? That's what I'm saying. It's how you value things.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
For the record, I think Trout is one of the best players I've ever seen play the game. I don't have any idea how good Judge might end up being. Baseball is a game with lots of different kinds of players. Trout is a do it all guy. Judge could end up being a very good player on both sides of the game but he will never be the all around hitter that Trout is, IMO. However, if he continues to develop, he could end up being one of the best power hitters ever.

Who's the greatest player in the history of MLB? Is it Willie Mays or is it Babe Ruth? That's what I'm saying. It's how you value things.

Without a doubt it’s Babe Ruth.

Out all night drinking and then pitch a double header.

Our all night with multiple honey’s and then play the outfield and pitch second part of doubleheader.

Clearly it’s Ruth!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Without a doubt it’s Babe Ruth.

Out all night drinking and then pitch a double header.

Our all night with multiple honey’s and then play the outfield and pitch second part of doubleheader.

Clearly it’s Ruth!

Well, between the two, I think it's the Babe as well but there are plenty who believe that it could be The Say Hey Kid and they might be right. For the record, I believe that the best player ever might have been Christy Mathewson but there again, some people don't believe pitchers should be in that discussion. Positional Players, I like Gehrig best but that's just me.

haleyrules

Reaction score
@MichaelWinicki

I know I've talked a lot of trash about Judge, but I will eat crow, brother.

He's been sensational. Over-coming that huge drop in his BA but not losing his cool. Baseball is the most cerebral sport in America (as a whole, the QB position is obviously incredibly cerebral), and Judge adjusted to the pitchers and was still a machine.

His HR last night just made me a believer that my comp to him and Thome might actually be right. I'd still give the MVP to Altuve, but Judge is a phenom power hitter.

He isn't Mike Trout. But he's pretty damned awesome. And he's a fantastic human being. Just like Trouty.
You must eat that crow raw to be truly repentant.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Hi ABQ

:)