MLB Playoffs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another good season. A lot of positives to look forward to. Need some pitching.

Their pitching situation has been the same for several seasons...

They have guys that can fill the #3-5 spots in the rotation but do not have a #1 or 2.

A much smaller problem is they have a lineup that is boom or bust. When the homers are going off they're riding high. But several of these guys have holes in their swings and can be pitched to by guys that know what they're doing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yankees have missed on big market pitching over the last few off seasons, for whatever reason. I think they need to focus on getting their young arms, Justice Sheffield, Chance Adams, Albert Abreu and those guys, ready for the bigs. They have a ton of young pitching in their farm system. They just gotta get them ready to come up and produce.

I believe next season is the year for the Yankees. I felt like that three years ago and I still believe it. Next year is the year, I think.

JMO

kskboys

Reaction score
Their pitching situation has been the same for several seasons...

They have guys that can fill the #3-5 spots in the rotation but do not have a #1 or 2.

A much smaller problem is they have a lineup that is boom or bust. When the homers are going off they're riding high. But several of these guys have holes in their swings and can be pitched to by guys that know what they're doing.
I wouldn't say much smaller. The Yanks lineup plain and simply strikes out too much. That leads to way too many periods where they don't produce.

And the problem is, when you get to the playoffs, teams are loaded w/ pitchers who exploit this. You don't get to face those 5 ERA's guys anymore.

You must have hitters who can hit good pitching consistently to win in the playoffs. Hitters who work counts and put the ball in play.

I hope the Yanks brass doesn't read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
DONE!
tenor.gif

Lol ouch!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yankees have missed on big market pitching over the last few off seasons, for whatever reason. I think they need to focus on getting their young arms, Justice Sheffield, Chance Adams, Albert Abreu and those guys, ready for the bigs. They have a ton of young pitching in their farm system. They just gotta get them ready to come up and produce.

I believe next season is the year for the Yankees. I felt like that three years ago and I still believe it. Next year is the year, I think.

JMO

I agree.

Even if they picked up Kuechel, his game has slipped noticeably to the point where he's only a #3 starter at best.

They need a couple young arms who'll come it and post sub 3.00 era's and give 175 innings.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol ouch!
All kidding aside, I'm Cheering for the Stros my friend. It's time to get 2. When the Phillies won their 2nd, it was an amazing high after Lidge tossed that last (strikeout) pitch to Chooch.

I remember it like yesterday. I too wish the same for ALL the Astro fans to experience that 2nd high as well. GOOD LUCK!!!!

But I'm sticking with what I've said way back when....
HHRol0G.gif

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
All kidding aside, I'm Cheering for the Stros my friend. It's time to get 2. When the Phillies won their 2nd, it was an amazing high after Lidge tossed that last (strikeout) pitch to Chooch.

I remember it like yesterday. I too wish the same for ALL the Astro fans to experience that 2nd high as well. GOOD LUCK!!!!

But I'm sticking with what I've said way back when....
HHRol0G.gif

thankyouthankyou :thumbup:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
not playoff related but a report today says the Mets still have not decided what kind of GM they want to hire. It is a shame that Sandy Alderson just recently left them in a lurch. It is not like they havent had over half the year to figure that out. Why am I a Mets fan? Total Incompetence and it never ends.