MLB Regular Season

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Angels game this Friday with my son. Will probably be the last time I see Scioscia in a Halos uniform. Rumors of Eric Chavez replacing him are abound. I don't know what to think about that. He used to kill us when he played, will be weird seeing him wear an Angels uniform if it happens. But he's one of Billy Eppler's guys.

Going straight to the Big A right after I pick up my son from school.

Cheers, all. Looking forward to the postseason. Lots of intriguing teams.

Hope you had fun at the game with your son, Bro.

I see your Boi Trout went off again. It won't even be fair if they can build around him.

If Trout doesn't win MVP this year, I'm going to have issues.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hope you had fun at the game with your son, Bro.

I see your Boi Trout went off again. It won't even be fair if they can build around him.

If Trout doesn't win MVP this year, I'm going to have issues.

Trout missed too many games, between his injury and his brother-in-laws suicide. He would have if he didn't. Ohtani is pretty much a lock for RoY, tho. There's rumors of a lifetime contract being offered to Trout this offseason, I'll take that over an MVP :)

Had a great time, buddy. I was taking pics of players as they would swing on the pitch and got Ohtani's 2b, Simba's single, and a good one of Trout fouling off a pitch (my goal was to get the pic as the player was following through their swing, with the ball leaving the bat all in the shot). His next AB was his homer... a certain someone and I <cough/CLos/cough> and I were texting (I was sending him some pics) when, as I lift my phone to get ready for the pitch, crack home run. I said "damnit" out loud resulting in much confusion to surrounding Angels fans lol

19 schools participated in the National Anthem, I thought it was my son's and three others LOL We were in the 500s (523, just to right of home plate), which we rarely sit in, but they offer nice views of the whole stadium. We moved down to closer seats after the 6th.

Fun time :)

I'll post pics later this eve for the thread, for those who are interested, in the meantime I'll text ya some right now, Vegas. Some of me and the boy.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hopefully these aren’t sideways or upside down

Here’s a pic of all the kids lined up against the outfield wall. 19 schools, they encompassed the whole outfield wall. You have to zoom in or wince your eyes, sorry :)

HGcRND2.jpg

HGcUX07.jpg

Shohei hitting a single.

HGcSRIV.jpg

Trout getting his Team MVP award (Heaney got the pitcher’s award, but no one cared lol)

HGcTPA2.jpg

A nice shot of the stadium, with fireworks streaming up (my new home screen saver on my phone :) )

HGcUqQE.jpg

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Dodgers going to sweep Braves. I think the Dodgers been playing playoff type baseball since the Giants series while the Braves been on cruise control and haven't won many games since they won the division.

Dodgers have too much firepower. The only thing the Dodgers have to do is make contact. If they continue to strikeout at a high rate, they will struggle.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dodgers going to sweep Braves. I think the Dodgers been playing playoff type baseball since the Giants series while the Braves been on cruise control and haven't won many games since they won the division.

Dodgers have too much firepower. The only thing the Dodgers have to do is make contact. If they continue to strikeout at a high rate, they will struggle.

With these short (5 game) series... You never know what's going to happen.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go Stros! :flagwave:

Astros have a good club, maybe a great club. And they peaked at the right time (September).

While last year's Astro's team was a 10 hitting it was about an 8 in the pitching category.

This year's team was a 10 in pitching but hitting dropped to about an 8.5 IMO. However the team really picked up the hitting pace over the last month... Except for Correa.

I wouldn't be surprised at any of the (current) 5 teams in the AL going to the WS.

They all have positives...

The Red Sox one 107 games–A big total. Great offense and with a healthy Sale a solid 3 starters.
The Yankees– They can homer you to death. Opposite of the Red Sox, iffy starting pitching but a great bullpen.
The Indians– A great starting rotation and two guys that will be right up there for the MVP voting.
The A's– Sort of the west coast "Yankees". Lots of homers. Great bullpen. The starting staff is iffy.