MLB Regular Season

FloridaRob

Reaction score
:(

No Rob, I don't know where that came from LOL :D

It's like, who can under-acheive more?
At least you have an owner that tries. Maybe not sucessfull but money is not what holds him back. We have one that can't get off the same dead end road. . Now the rumor is they may hire Omar Minaya again. God I hope so. And maybe bring back the incredible Willie Randolph while they are at it. I am sure he has unfinised business with the Mets. I dont need too many more reasons to find another team. Even the local Rays are playing some exciting baseball.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I am mixed about David Wright coming back. On one hand it would be nice to give him his glove, send him to third and give him this last month to see if there is anything there. But on the other hand, this is the major leagues, DAvid Wright is not part of the future. He cant hit Single A pitching baseball why would anyone think he is going to hit Major league. It looks like the debate is over insurance money. I am sure David would probably say take the five million out of his salary and let him play since that is about what the team loses in the insurance claim. But of course it is the Wilpons. All they see is the five million they lose if Wright comes back. But its not my money, If I have a vote, i say give him his glove and send him out there. Thanks for the past David. After all the years the Mets searched for a third basemen, you were the best.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I really hate the Red Sox and the Yanks.

To see them be put to sleep this year, well...

Ask the Mariners, or how recent league leaders have faired in the post-season. But, especially, the Mariners. The A's can rot, too.

The Rangers are too insignificant to draw my ire. Ever since they got rid of Rodgers in like 99 or 2000. Texas is a laughing stock. They don't count.

If the Astros win again, I may start to hate them. But they don't take over our field, are classy fans, and new to the ALW. I will forever hate the Red Sox, Yanks, A's, Mariners, Dodgers.

What if the Astros beat the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers again? Will ya give us a pass then? :grin:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
What if the Astros beat the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers again? Will ya give us a pass then? :grin:
DAMNED skippy, Vegas. Fact is, due to folks such as yourself and RGV, I find myself rooting for the Stros when they aren't facing us. I despise Oakland and Seattle. And I loathe with every ounce of my being the NYY, BOS, and LAD.

You guys done good, last year! I want more of that this postseason! :)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
DAMNED skippy, Vegas. Fact is, due to folks such as yourself and RGV, I find myself rooting for the Stros when they aren't facing us. I despise Oakland and Seattle. And I loathe with every ounce of my being the NYY, BOS, and LAD.

You guys done good, last year! I want more of that this postseason! :)

I always root for the Angels when the Stros aren't playing them. You guys are a classy group of fans. And we have the same tastes in teams we despise and loathe.

I'm trying my best not to loathe the Rangers after the crap they pulled on the Stros during Hurricane Harvey but I'm not there yet.

Nothing against their fans mind you but that organization has drawn my ire.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Shohei has a "new" tear in his UCL (this would be his third), has been recommended to have TJ surgery, then goes out and hits two HRs (18), goes 4-4 this evening. And a stolen base.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ohtani is great but he should put the pitching glove down and become a full time player. The kid is more valuable as a hitter. Surgery would make him lose most of next year.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ohtani is great but he should put the pitching glove down and become a full time player. The kid is more valuable as a hitter. Surgery would make him lose most of next year.
TJS is a 5 month rehab if the player is only hitting.

I'm wondering the same, too, Rob. Put him at first or permanent DH. Sosh refuses to bat him against LHP. But Sosh is gone.

I still think Ohtani wants to pitch, and Eppler (Angels' GM) probably promised him every opportunity to do so. The org knew he had a grade two UCL tear when we signed him. Two additional tears later...

With that said, he's probably a .285/.360/.500 hitter if he focuses on batting, solely. I mean, he's nearly that anyways, but if he was to go offense-only, he would rake. A lot of Angels fans have been clamoring for this, even before his first stint on the DL. I'm on the fence, personally.

Go back several pages and you'll see posts from me calling for the Angels and Ohtani to do the TJS after his second tear.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully my Orioles can make a late post season push

Two big problems with the Orioles...

They're a year late on the rebuild. If they had started dumping guy last season they would have garnered a far bigger haul in prospects. It's not like they were going anywhere last season.

And Chris Davis. Arguably the worst contract in MLB. That thing is going to strangle the Orioles financial situation for years. On top of that, what do you do with the player? He's god-awful at this point.

JayFord

Reaction score
Two big problems with the Orioles...

They're a year late on the rebuild. If they had started dumping guy last season they would have garnered a far bigger haul in prospects. It's not like they were going anywhere last season.

And Chris Davis. Arguably the worst contract in MLB. That thing is going to strangle the Orioles financial situation for years. On top of that, what do you do with the player? He's god-awful at this point.

Imo i dont know what we do with Chris Davis.....i mean i dont know if its a confidence issue but he looks like he cannot play baseball at all....we cant trade that contract either no ones going to take that....so we are left with either eat it and release him or hope he gets better.

But this season is by far the worse ive ever seen and ive witnessed the early and mid 2000s orioles(yuck)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imo i dont know what we do with Chris Davis.....i mean i dont know if its a confidence issue but he looks like he cannot play baseball at all....we cant trade that contract either no ones going to take that....so we are left with either eat it and release him or hope he gets better.

But this season is by far the worse ive ever seen and ive witnessed the early and mid 2000s orioles(yuck)

It wasn't that long ago the Orioles fielded a competitive team... But then they let Cruz walk, couldn't plug the leaks in the starting staff and it was downhill fast.

Yeah, I don't know what they do with Davis. I just can't see them hanging onto the guy until 2022 or whatever ridiculous date it is.

JayFord

Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago the Orioles fielded a competitive team... But then they let Cruz walk, couldn't plug the leaks in the starting staff and it was downhill fast.

Yeah, I don't know what they do with Davis. I just can't see them hanging onto the guy until 2022 or whatever ridiculous date it is.

Letting cruz walk was a horrible decision its not like he wanted a lot of money and he was solid putting up all star numbers....with cruz leaving and then markakis going as well i couldnt believe a front office could botch something so bad. This team right now is just plain disgusting

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ohtani has four less HRs than Andujar (19 to Andujar's 23). In 250 less ABs. Ohtani's OPS .946 to Andujar's .851. Also, has a 3.31 ERA as a starting pitcher, 11.9 K/9, and a 1.161 WHIP.

Andujar will win ROY, but he isn't the better player, and it could be argued his season is less spectacular (it isn't debatable for me, but I will give Yanks fans the benefit of the doubt). His saving grace is playing for MFY - a sure fire contender this year, having a solid season, as well as picking up the slack when Judge went down, and Ohtani's injuries. But if Ohtani keeps raking this September, the BBWAA will look hard at him.

Ohtani has had a more sensational rookie season, when he's in, and it isn't even close. Has hit 3 HRs since his third UCL tear.