MLB Regular Season

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
How you doing, Vegas? I’ve missed you around here, my pal

You must be on cloud nine with your Astros, bubba!?

My parents came in from out of town and I decided to stay away for awhile for better good for reasons you're aware of.

As far as the Astros go. I'm happy for now but there's a long way to go.

Injuries will start popping up in the 2nd half of the season and that's where it will get interesting.

How have you been?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My parents came in from out of town and I decided to stay away for awhile for better good for reasons you're aware of.

As far as the Astros go. I'm happy for now but there's a long way to go.

Injuries will start popping up in the 2nd half of the season and that's where it will get interesting.

How have you been?
Been doing good, Boys. Taking the Larry David/Florida Rob approach to this calamity of a season from the Halos.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
GMoney is great people, really great people. He ain’t gonna mind, my bro :)

Cool. Nice to know. I can always use another Brother. :)
Been doing good, Boys. Taking the Larry David/Florida Rob approach to this calamity of a season from the Halos.

At least you can take that approach. I had to follow the draft and minor leagues for the better part of a decade. :laugh:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
82Vp.gif
Woo Hoo, Phillies routed those Pirates 17-5. The game game lasted 4hrs & 30 minutes. That tied the MLB record for the longest game ever played. If that only could of lasted one more minute lol.

By the way @RGV_C_Los . It's mid season and guess who STILL has the best record at home?!:p

With the Phillies home record and Astros away record, we make a heck of a team :muttley:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranger fans have disappeared off anything MLB related.

The thing is the Rangers are my 3rd favorite team in the AL.

But they had their chance a couple of times yet couldn't finish the job... And they had a heck of a team for 3-4 seasons.

Now they have to get rid of the older players, get some youngsters, harvest some draft picks, suck for 2-3 years, become meh for 2-3 more years and then try again. They're at least 5 years away from again having a respectable team.

But they're going to have to make good choices. Make a few bad choices and the rebuild becomes considerably longer.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

But they had their chance a couple of times yet couldn't finish the job... And they had a heck of a team for 3-4 seasons.

Now they have to get rid of the older players, get some youngsters, harvest some draft picks, suck for 2-3 years, become meh for 2-3 more years and then try again. They're at least 5 years away from again having a respectable team.

But they're going to have to make good choices. Make a few bad choices and the rebuild becomes considerably longer.

I used to follow the Rangers because I have some family in Texas that are Rangers fans as well. After what they pulled when Hurricane Harvey happened, they're on my list of teams that can go pound sand.

That's just me though. I won't hold it against you. ;)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
That was definitely a low blow....

They've been on the top of my (bleep) list since that day. I try not to hold grudges but that was just wrong. Help a community out that's going through tragedy.

"Nope. We want all of the games to be played here so we can have home field advantage for all of them."

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
They've been on the top of my (bleep) list since that day. I try not to hold grudges but that was just wrong. Help a community out that's going through tragedy.

"Nope. We want all of the games to be played here so we can have home field advantage for all of them."

I’m sure there were many within the Ranger organization that did not agree with the decision but it was a bad look overall and will be not be forgotten for a long time by Astro fans...

kskboys

Reaction score
Rangers have too many .200 hitters. Just won't get it done that way.

My soninlaw asked me what they should do, and the answer was obvious. Start trading. He asked what we'd get for some lackey, and I explained to him that that's what all fans want, to trade some .240 hitting 36 year old sub for premium draft picks. He didn't like it when I explained to him it was time to move Hamels, Beltre, and Choo. Maybe even Andrus, who will be 30 in Aug. He said we won't have anything left then. Yup, but you won't get good prospects for players who suck!!!!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rangers have too many .200 hitters. Just won't get it done that way.

My soninlaw asked me what they should do, and the answer was obvious. Start trading. He asked what we'd get for some lackey, and I explained to him that that's what all fans want, to trade some .240 hitting 36 year old sub for premium draft picks. He didn't like it when I explained to him it was time to move Hamels, Beltre, and Choo. Maybe even Andrus, who will be 30 in Aug. He said we won't have anything left then. Yup, but you won't get good prospects for players who suck!!!!!!

And they won't get much for those guys (Hamels, Beltre and Choo) either.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

They have taken several big swings that have blown up in their face. Fielder, Choo, then a couple years ago they had a pretty good team - great offensively - and needed another "playoff caliber" starting pitcher to possibly make another championship run and instead traded for Lucroy & Beltran. They had Hamels, Darvish & a bunch of question marks and basically said, "we're good".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have taken several big swings that have blown up in their face. Fielder, Choo, then a couple years ago they had a pretty good team - great offensively - and needed another "playoff caliber" starting pitcher to possibly make another championship run and instead traded for Lucroy & Beltran. They had Hamels, Darvish & a bunch of question marks and basically said, "we're good".

Yeah, pretty much.