MLB Regular Season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have only used redditt for MLB and its been great

During football I get enough DAL over the air or go to the bar but redditt was adequate the couple times I used it
We used to get so much Cowboys football on national TV here, but then the damned Rams moved back here. Ugh. And I have zero interest in them as a local team, tho I do follow the league like a maniac (as many of us do). Still, super annoyed that the Rams moving here took out about 6 games a year I would have otherwise gotten. If it were the Raiders that moved here, I'd be slightly less pissed, but still pissed, nonetheless. The Cowboys are also California's Team, whether Rams/Raiders fan want to admit it or not.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We used to get so much Cowboys football on national TV here, but then the damned Rams moved back here. Ugh. And I have zero interest in them as a local team, tho I do follow the league like a maniac (as many of us do). Still, super annoyed that the Rams moving here took out about 6 games a year I would have otherwise gotten. If it were the Raiders that moved here, I'd be slightly less pissed, but still pissed, nonetheless. The Cowboys are also California's Team, whether Rams/Raiders fan want to admit it or not.
That must have been nice

All the best games from around the League every week at 10am and 1pm

Now you have 2 LA teams.....one for AFC and one for NFC

Where I live I get all the WAS, PHI, BAL and some NYG ......I get 3 different FOX and 2 CBS feeds

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoa!

Kyle Tucker called up to the big club.

Boy if he shows something at this level, Houston's offense becomes that much better.

He'll start today vs. the White Sox... Batting 7th and playing LF.

His potential?

Even higher than Springer.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
As a Met fans, it is getting close to my favorite time of baseball. The baseball trading deadline. I remember vacationing up in Arkansas the night Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds. I was sitting in my car trying to hear through the static and listening to KMOX radio out of St Louis doing a sports report and finding out what happened. I think i actually cried that night. My baseball hero was traded. Now that day is the day we as MEts fans anticipate someone overpaying for whoever is being shopped by the Wilpon Crew. Over the years we have seen some interesting trades but the end result was still a pretty bad baseball team. This year it is DeGrom, Cabrerar, Thor, Wilbur and Familia. I dont really know what I want them to do. It is exciting to hear you are getting someone that projects to help the team but in the end, it is the Wilpons who are pretty much M Donald Grant of 1976.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Whoa!

Boy if he shows something at this level, Houston's offense becomes that much better.

His potential?

No way? Higher than Springer? That just isn't fair, Win. Possible legit mid-late-90s Yankees' dynasty in HOU if their owner spends and keeps everyone together.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As a Met fans, it is getting close to my favorite time of baseball. The baseball trading deadline. I remember vacationing up in Arkansas the night Tom Seaver was traded to the Reds. I was sitting in my car trying to hear through the static and listening to KMOX radio out of St Louis doing a sports report and finding out what happened. I think i actually cried that night. My baseball hero was traded. Now that day is the day we as MEts fans anticipate someone overpaying for whoever is being shopped by the Wilpon Crew. Over the years we have seen some interesting trades but the end result was still a pretty bad baseball team. This year it is DeGrom, Cabrerar, Thor, Wilbur and Familia. I dont really know what I want them to do. It is exciting to hear you are getting someone that projects to help the team but in the end, it is the Wilpons who are pretty much M Donald Grant of 1976.
Rob, I love you. The George Carlin/Larry David of the MLB thread :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way? Higher than Springer? That just isn't fair, Win. Possible legit mid-late-90s Yankees' dynasty in HOU if their owner spends and keeps everyone together.

Obviously until he proves it– it doesn't matter.

As of right now I think he's like a .280 hitter at the MLB level... with 25 HR power and a 20 SB. He'll also take a walk.

Sort of a mini-Trout when it comes to hitting...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Boy that trading deadline back then ('77) was June 15th.

I wish it was moved back to that date or at least June 30th.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As of right now I think he's like a .280 hitter at the MLB level... with 25 HR power and a 20 SB. He'll also take a walk.
ANY org takes those numbers and runs with it. Holy cripes is HOU loaded. NOT FAIR!!!!!!! If the Halos were relevant this year, I suspect I'd have a very different tone with my deference to their org. :muttley:

As for "sorta mini-Trout" well, that's the whole league, Win ;)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

We have a youngster on the big club, David Fletcher, and we're hoping for similar numbers, minus the power. Closer to 15-20 homers if he hits his ceiling, but every bit of that .280/20 SB projection. And he seemingly came out of nowhere. Shades of David Eckstein, if you remember him

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a youngster on the big club, David Fletcher, and we're hoping for similar numbers, minus the power. Closer to 15-20 homers if he hits his ceiling, but every bit of that .280/20 SB projection. And he seemingly came out of nowhere. Shades of David Eckstein, if you remember him

To me the two most exciting things about MBL is #1 Your team winning. Nothing can replace that. #2 Is seeing a young prospect come up to the show and seeing what he can do.

Just from the Yankees perspective... Take for example a guy like Bernie Williams who showed everything at the minor league level that would eventually do in the majors... He could hit .300, he had middling power, could take a walk and steal a base. And after a couple shots in the majors found his groove.

Then we have someone like Kevin Maas... Who showed terrific power in the minors and started off his MLB career with a bang... And then fizzled out.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
To me the two most exciting things about MBL is #1 Your team winning. Nothing can replace that. #2 Is seeing a young prospect come up to the show and seeing what he can do.

Just from the Yankees perspective... Take for example a guy like Bernie Williams who showed everything at the minor league level that would eventually do in the majors... He could hit .300, he had middling power, could take a walk and steal a base. And after a couple shots in the majors found his groove.

Then we have someone like Kevin Maas... Who showed terrific power in the minors and started off his MLB career with a bang... And then fizzled out.
Ah yes, the dreaded "AAAA" player. We have a few of those in Cowart and Blash. Its so frustrating. Kill AAA and hit .200/.235/.240 in the bigs. Gah!

Man, I loved and love Bernie. Class act and a solid ball player. Garrett Anderson with a higher OBP.

And SERIOUSLY miss Paul O'Neal. We had player like him in Jered Weaver. That intensity, just LOVE it :omg::omg::thumbup::thumbup:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Clint Frazier back up again for NYY

Looking to showcase him to NYMets for Degrom or Thor

If not we get the Ginger Fire Stick for 6 years........not a bad option

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Does anybody have DirecTV Extra Innings? I got it so I can watch the Yankees but the game are typically always blacked out. I live in Texas so the Astros and Rangers are always blacked out because I have to watch them on the regional channels and I understand there are national blackouts. I very rarely can watch the Yankees play on the MLB Extra Innings channels. They have to be on ESPN, Fox, FS1, MLB Channel, or playing the Rangers/Astros to watch on my TV. I can also watch the game on the MLB Extra Innings Mix channel (720), but that is frustrating. So I normally have to use my laptop and watch on MLBTV.com, which thankfully is free with the MLB Extra Innings subscription.

This is the first year purchasing MLB Extra Innings but has proven to be pretty worthless in terms of watching the Yankees. Next year I am just going to subscribe to MLBTV because it is cheaper. Does anyone else have this problem with DirecTV?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Whoa!

His potential?

He only got an 1 hour of sleep on the plane since getting the call to pack up and head to Houston and still got his first hit, RBI & run scored. Not bad.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Tuckers swing reminds me of Ken Griffey Jr. He's going to be a beast someday. Probably not like Trout but I'll take Trout light any day.