MLB Regular Season

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also batted 5th, I repeat 5th, the other day. A huge step forward for the org. Arte must be steaming at that 30M aav going to a player that probably doesn't start on any team in the MLB other than ours

I still think we will be big players for Arenado or Machado, and a dark horse for Kershaw and Harper.

I will say at least he has been awful this season. A little underwhelming, but not awful.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Nail on the head.
I mean, it's obvious, WIn. And has been -- to play off your comment -- hammered to death.

Yes, we know that Albert's contract is a disaster. Angels fans, and baseball fans alike, knew it the moment it was signed.

And don't get me started on Hamilton's contract. We paid him while he played for the Rangers. Total disaster. Those two contracts hamstrung us for Trout's first three seasons, and Pujols' contract is still robbing Trout of more legacy.

Two of Arte's biggest gaffes. But as I've said, he did so to secure a 1.5B deal from FoxSports. Yay for our billionaire owner...

But Arte does spend. And Eppler is proving to be a good GM. Hopefully he turns into a great GM. Arte must let loose the reins on Billy, and let him have carte blanche this offseason at the winter meetings.

If he does, we will be contenders next year. There is an underbelly of talent in our SP dept, as well as an influx of young talent about to graduate. How good they'll be is what is riding on us taking the next step up. Also, how well Eppler addresses our woeful BP.

We are nowhere near the Stros right now. But we are closer than SEA, imo, to competing for a Chip. And we have the best player of his generation. And Shohei is an alien who has proven his most ardent critics and naysayers (I was very skeptical, myself) wrong.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, it's obvious, WIn. And has been -- to play off your comment -- hammered to death.

Yes, we know that Albert's contract is a disaster. Angels fans, and baseball fans alike, knew it the moment it was signed.

And don't get me started on Hamilton's contract. We paid him while he played for the Rangers. Total disaster. Those two contracts hamstrung us for Trout's first three seasons, and Pujols' contract is still robbing Trout of more legacy.

Two of Arte's biggest gaffes. But as I've said, he did so to secure a 1.5B deal from FoxSports. Yay for our billionaire owner...

But Arte does spend. And Eppler is proving to be a good GM. Hopefully he turns into a great GM. Arte must let loose the reins on Billy, and let him have carte blanche this offseason at the winter meetings.

If he does, we will be contenders next year. There is an underbelly of talent in our SP dept, as well as an influx of young talent about to graduate. How good they'll be is what is riding on us taking the next step up. Also, how well Eppler addresses our woeful BP.

We are nowhere near the Stros right now. But we are closer than SEA, imo, to competing for a Chip. And we have the best player of his generation. And Shohei is an alien who has proven his most ardent critics and naysayers (I was very skeptical, myself) wrong.

How would you like to be saddled with Chris Davis for $23 mil a season for a guy who's arguably having the worst season ever by a regular. I mean hitting .158 with almost 3 K's for every hit?

Incredibly awful.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
How would you like to be saddled with Chris Davis for $23 mil a season for a guy who's arguably having the worst season ever by a regular. I mean hitting .158 with almost 3 K's for every hit?

Incredibly awful.
True true.

At least were getting something from Pujols (as you said several posts up and I dismissed it -- my bad, brother)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
scratch the 1st be. :muttley:
tenor.gif

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

You got that right. Much better farm system and more depth plus more talent. If not for a few key injuries, you guys would probably be right there in the hunt.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty the Dodgers doing alright but my Angels not so much.
Yeah man, at least the Halos won yesterday and it is so great to see Kole finally hitting the ball again.

He's playing his usual gold glove defense, but his hitting is finally coming around. Same thing happened last season, horrid start then finished hitting solid.

kskboys

Reaction score

Incredibly awful.
Did you really expect a lot more from a career .240 hitter who has always been around 200 K's? Since his career year in 13(.286/53 HR's), his highest BA has been .262 and he's struck out over 200 times twice. His BA the previous two seasons has been .221 and .215.

Good lesson to not overpay someone after a career year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you really expect a lot more from a career .240 hitter who has always been around 200 K's? Since his career year in 13(.286/53 HR's), his highest BA has been .262 and he's struck out over 200 times twice. His BA the previous two seasons has been .221 and .215.

Good lesson to not overpay someone after a career year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured the Orioles were stupid and regression would occur... But the bottom fell right out.