MLB Regular Season

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Yankees needed to make a trade for a decent closer. Chapman is all over the board but that's the story on him. He is a little bit self distructive and he will go into the tank with no notice sometimes.

Still talk that the Yankees may trade for Hamels or Happ. If the Yankees can make one of those trades, they could be tough.
First I've heard of it. Being Cole still lives in the Philly area & there's big talk the Phillies wish to have him back, I doubt very highly the Yanks even have a chance at him. Yanks can't buy everything they want. Just yesterday, Cole was stating to a Philly reporter "it would be a blessing" referring on coming back to Philly.

Texas wants to see what the Cubs & Mariners have to offer being they're also licking their chops on Cole's trade rumor. But, if those teams won’t bite, and if Cole won’t approve a deal to one of the teams on his no trade list because he wants to return to Philadelphia, forget about it.

Texas could be faced with a choice between sending him to Philly for whatever they want to part with, or holding onto him through the end of the season. Bottom line, its a win win situation for the Phillies & a catch 22 for the Rangers.

Phillies are going to be very tough in a year or two. Mark my words my friend.

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
First I've heard of it. Being Cole still lives in the Philly area & there's big talk the Phillies wish to have him back, I doubt very highly the Yanks even have a chance at him. Yanks can't buy everything they want. Just yesterday, Cole was stating to a Philly reporter "it would be a blessing" referring on coming back to Philly.

Texas wants to see what the Cubs & Mariners have to offer being they're also licking their chops on Cole's trade rumor. But, if those teams won’t bite, and if Cole won’t approve a deal to one of the teams on his no trade list because he wants to return to Philadelphia, forget about it.

Texas could be faced with a choice between sending him to Philly for whatever they want to part with, or holding onto him through the end of the season. Bottom line, its a win win situation for the Phillies & a catch 22 for the Rangers.

I disagree You need to delete the "in a year or two" part. They're very tough now.

In a year or two they're going to be scary.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

it could be that Cole could see getting a world series ring would be easier to get with the Yankees. That would probably take precedence over wanting to play in Philly.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Great! I didn't want the Astros to give up some high profile prospects for a half year rental. Hopefully the Stros can get Raisel Iglesias from the Reds who's locked up through 2020. Either that or just wait until Forrest Whitley is called up in September.
They are guys we were going expose to the Rule 5 Draft next year anyways

Sometimes prospects have to be traded or you will lose them

Britton is a great get and is a tough Lefty

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
They are guys we were going expose to the Rule 5 Draft next year anyways

Sometimes prospects have to be traded or you will lose them

Britton is a great get and is a tough Lefty

No doubt. It was a great trade for the Yankees and Britton is a stud. As you pointed out, the Rule 5 Draft would expose them anyway.

Not looking forward to that future war now that the Yankees have Britton.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I disagree You need to delete the "in a year or two" part. They're very tough now.

In a year or two they're going to be scary.
Lol. Reason I say this is only because the Phillies weren't even suppose to be good let alone tough this year being they're in that rebuilding mode. Their bullpen needs more strength. They're also looking to get rid of other players such as our 3rd baseman, Franco. They want someone better than him defensively.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
it could be that Cole could see getting a world series ring would be easier to get with the Yankees. That would probably take precedence over wanting to play in Philly.
He already has one with the Phillies including the WS MVP. Like @BoysfaninVegas posted, the Phillies will be very scary. That said, I'll take the Phillies over the Yanks on who will return to the Fall Classic first.

I wouldn't even mention the Yanks and WS in the same sentence right now. Red Sox yes, Yanks, nah. Some of their players don't even like hustling to 1st. That's certainly not championship material. :muttley:

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol. Reason I say this is only because the Phillies weren't even suppose to be good let alone tough this year being they're in that rebuilding mode. Their bullpen needs more strength. They're also looking to get rid of other players such as our 3rd baseman, Franco. They want someone better than him defensively.

A lot of people said the same thing about the Stros. The Phillies used the same mold. Trade all of your good players for good prospects, tank for awhile and then draft well.

The Phillies are right where they should be. All they have to do now is fill a few more holes and they will be a monster.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thanks. Now I have to do more research. (Sigh)
Oh, dont worry, we wont be anywhere near you guys for the next two/three years, AT LEAST. Unless Arte just says, **** it and let's Eppler buy everything.

You guys are such a phenom org, I expect AT LEAST one more WS, and several more ALCS. No one is dethroning you guys in the AL anytime soon. Not NYY, BOS, CLE and whomever is the flavor of the year (Angels included).

Sit back and enjoy a glorious period in Astros baseball, Vegas. You never know when this kind of lightening will strike again. You guys are equivalent to early 90's Cowboys football, imo. Just enjoy the ride. I am SO envious!!! :)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, dont worry, we wont be anywhere near you guys for the next two/three years, AT LEAST. Unless Arte just says, **** it and let's Eppler buy everything.

You guys are such a phenom org, I expect AT LEAST one more WS, and several more ALCS. No one is dethroning you guys in the AL anytime soon. Not NYY, BOS, CLE and whomever is the flavor of the year (Angels included).

Sit back and enjoy a glorious period in Astros baseball, Vegas. You never know when this kind of lightening will strike again. You guys are equivalent to early 90's Cowboys football, imo. Just enjoy the ride. I am SO envious!!! :)

Thank you, my Brother.

:bow::bow::bow:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

:yourock:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Angels got a good prospect from the Astros in the Maldonado trade earlier. I hate to see him go. Sandoval is 9-1 with a 2.56 ERA. Plus the Angels get $250,000 in International cash.Not a bad hall for a rental.
You guys have, now, the best signal caller in the game, and the best defensive catcher in the AL

This is horrible news. He was my favorite catcher since Napoli. Pitchers love him, and he has been clocked at 92mph to 2nd base. He is incredible. He also has a knack for getting hbp (leads baseball over the last two years, I believe)

This shores up your C, and makes your team deadlier on defense, no better defensive C in the AL than Maldy, bro. And he is unusually clutch per his numbers.

He's a fan favorite in Anaheim, at least for most of us that value defensive C over offensive C (which goes against my previous praise of Napoli, but I digress).

Think Benji Molina with a little less bat. You guys have a gem. He can win you games with his signal calling and arm behind the plate. Frames pitches like no other. Gets the full respect of blue. Just a gamer, I hope he gets a ring with you guys. He is so ******* awesome

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
250K for bonus pool money is only good if we sign that #22 ranked kid we were looking at, or if we go after a max int'l player, otherwise it's more pocket money for Arte. But, then again, the way we've been singing int'l players, the last couple years, I reckon you're right, Vegas, and Eppler actually wanted that money as opposed to Moreno.

I need to do some research and reading on this Sandoval kid. 21. Not too old. I hope this works out for us, because I KNOW Maldy is gonna be amazing for your guys' run. He's incredible.

I'd love for him to re-sign with us in the offseason. You guys will, too. Behold his gold glove defense and presence behind the mound.

His fill-in, Arcia, 28, went off today. So there's that... back to .500! :)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys have, now, the best signal caller in the game, and the best defensive catcher in the AL

This is horrible news. He was my favorite catcher since Napoli. Pitchers love him, and he has been clocked at 92mph to 2nd base. He is incredible. He also has a knack for getting hbp (leads baseball over the last two years, I believe)

This shores up your C, and makes your team deadlier on defense, no better defensive C in the AL than Maldy, bro. And he is unusually clutch per his numbers.

He's a fan favorite in Anaheim, at least for most of us that value defensive C over offensive C (which goes against my previous praise of Napoli, but I digress).

Think Benji Molina with a little less bat. You guys have a gem. He can win you games with his signal calling and arm behind the plate. Frames pitches like no other. Gets the full respect of blue. Just a gamer, I hope he gets a ring with you guys. He is so ******* awesome

Thanks, Brother. It will be nice to have a catcher that can actually throw out guys trying to steal a base and be on the same page as the pitcher

The Angels had to start the rebuild at some point. I feel your pain. Start the rebuild now by trading good players for good prospects and draft well. After Pujols' contract expires, go nuts in the off season on free agents. You guys got a great deal today.

Last edited: