MLB Regular Season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Stros fans in here, again, I apologize. I adore Altuve, his constancy, his prowess, his greatness. He is the second best player in the game, not close for me -- a large gap between he and Betts/Harper/Machado etc, and a future HoF.

You guys are true fans that watch your team all season. And are respectful and intelligent.

The opposite of Biggems. It's how he does sports. Jumps in at the middle/end, when it's time for glory. Not just baseball, he does it with all of his "teams"

A true bandwagoner, who only get's interested and loud mouth when his teams are doing good. He also lacks a true knowledge of all the leagues outside of the teams he follows.

He doesn't know **** about the NHL. Or the MLB. He is a single team follower. And that's fine, until you pontificate and try to throw shade where you have no clue at which you're speaking.

Definition of bandwagon.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The Stros fans in here, again, I apologize. I adore Altuve, his constancy, his prowess, his greatness. He is the second best player in the game, not close for me -- a large gap between he and Betts/Harper/Machado etc, and a future HoF.

You guys are true fans that watch your team all season. And are respectful and intelligent.

The opposite of Biggems. It's how he does sports. Jumps in at the middle/end, when it's time for glory. Not just baseball, he does it with all of his "teams"

A true bandwagoner, who only get's interested and loud mouth when his teams are doing good. He also lacks a true knowledge of all the leagues outside of the teams he follows.

He doesn't know **** about the NHL. Or the MLB. He is a single team follower. And that's fine, until you pontificate and try to throw shade where you have no clue at which you're speaking.

Definition of bandwagon.

You're good, Brother. 99.9% of us know who the best player in the game is. It's not even up for debate. Even I wouldn't try and start that debate. I'd have to tuck my tail between my legs and run. :muttley:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
acd3d0e2f63d2b8a43e8464a496154cf

LOL. A Phillies Phan Catches a HR vs Dodgers Monday Night While Holding His Baby.:flagwave:
Video: https://sports.yahoo.com/phillies-fan-expertly-catches-home-run-ball-holding-baby-034230826.html

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ohtani is a freak of nature. Is this real life?

@MichaelWinicki, can you wrap your head around the season he's having? Comes back from UCL grade 2 sprain, after a grade 1 sprain, and is teeing off the ball like he never left. Let alone the fact that he was teeing off the ball before he got injured. While flashing ace-like starts.

Eppler is saying his body is receiving the stem-cell injections better than GRich's body did. Shohei is at 6 weeks where GRich was at 13 weeks into the same amount of time in the program. He is 7 years younger. But still, golly. They say he'll be pitching by Sept. I hope they don't make the wrong decision with the kid.

Still, he's incredible. A site to behold, along with Trout. Angels baseball would be a snooze without these two.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The Mets are bringing up 28 year old prospect Jeff Mcneil. I have no idea how well he will translate to the majors but he has been hammering the ball in the Minors. The Mets evaluators say he should be good sub and bench player that provides the occassional Home run and plays ok defense. That is very similar to the same evaluation that was given to Daniel Murphy and Justin Turner, Two MVP type players the Mets felt were no more than Bench players and let them go rather than offer them a contract. That worked out as good as the Mets could have hoped when they let those guys go. I think they replaced those guys with no good subs and bench players who never hit a homerun or basehit to win a game.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
According to john Heyman, the Yankees and O's have agreed on a trade for zack Britton. Good get for Yankees.

Great! I didn't want the Astros to give up some high profile prospects for a half year rental. Hopefully the Stros can get Raisel Iglesias from the Reds who's locked up through 2020. Either that or just wait until Forrest Whitley is called up in September.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ohtani is a freak of nature. Is this real life?

@MichaelWinicki, can you wrap your head around the season he's having? Comes back from UCL grade 2 sprain, after a grade 1 sprain, and is teeing off the ball like he never left. Let alone the fact that he was teeing off the ball before he got injured. While flashing ace-like starts.

Eppler is saying his body is receiving the stem-cell injections better than GRich's body did. Shohei is at 6 weeks where GRich was at 13 weeks into the same amount of time in the program. He is 7 years younger. But still, golly. They say he'll be pitching by Sept. I hope they don't make the wrong decision with the kid.

Still, he's incredible. A site to behold, along with Trout. Angels baseball would be a snooze without these two.

Sorry for the reply to your post that was directed at Winicki but I told you that if it weren't for injuries that the Angels would be right there in the hunt. I'm still looking over my shoulder for the Angels. You want the Astros out of the division and I want them back in the National League. Maybe we can start a petition. :grin:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Orioles have made a couple decent trades for their rental players. They didn't get the tip-top guys from the Yankees and Dodgers but gained a couple decent prospects and a few others to help fill out the thin farm system.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Orioles have made a couple decent trades for their rental players. They didn't get the tip-top guys from the Yankees and Dodgers but gained a couple decent prospects and a few others to help fill out the thin farm system.
Rumor has it the Phils are going to pick up Machado next season being he doesn't have a contract with the Dodger's. The Dodger's only picked him up because they want to win it all this year.o_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Phils Plouffe's had a walk off HR vs Dodgers last night in the 16th. Awe, poor Dodgers lost 7-6.:muttley:

Oh my my. The Red Sox are 40 games over .500. The last time they had that spiffy record was back in 1949. But those Yanks won the WS that year. Did I say Red Sox.;)

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yankees needed to make a trade for a decent closer. Chapman is all over the board but that's the story on him. He is a little bit self distructive and he will go into the tank with no notice sometimes.

Still talk that the Yankees may trade for Hamels or Happ. If the Yankees can make one of those trades, they could be tough.

Last edited: