MLB Regular Season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe the Mets need to break the pattern of fielding a lineup of high strikeout mashers where it's mostly famine with a little feast thrown in... And this season their mashers are mashing less than usually.

Last season they should have been big sellers at the trading deadline.

Maybe the will this season.

I have been saying that since the WS, get guys who can hit for average and play small ball......make things happen instead of waiting for something to happen.

Of course, it wouldn't matter now due to SP injuries and a horrific bullpen. At least Familia is out for a stretch :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been saying that since the WS, get guys who can hit for average and play small ball......make things happen instead of waiting for something to happen.

Of course, it wouldn't matter now due to SP injuries and a horrific bullpen. At least Familia is out for a stretch :)

Yep, have at least a couple guys in the lineup that A. Have good bat control (i.e. Don't K a lot) B. Will take a walk. C. Have some speed.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You may not want him.

Really been inconsistent this season.
I haven't followed him much this year, that's unfortunate, Mike. He was slated as the Next Ace. Is he looking like Garrett Richards, a supposed ace (top-15 AL pitcher) that has fallen into a #2-3 role, or is he bad? I don't want to cheat and look it up, but I do recognize that I havent heard his name much at all this year, and that's not a good sign for a person with his pedigree and expectations heading into the season.

Still, it's mind blowing that the Stros have only used 5 starters this year. I'd be all over Keuchel (without knowing the details, admittedly) if he presented himself to the Halos

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't followed him much this year, that's unfortunate, Mike. He was slated as the Next Ace. Is he looking like Garrett Richards, a supposed ace (top-15 AL pitcher) that has fallen into a #2-3 role, or is he bad? I don't want to cheat and look it up, but I do recognize that I havent heard his name much at all this year, and that's not a good sign for a person with his pedigree and expectations heading into the season.

Still, it's mind blowing that the Stros have only used 5 starters this year. I'd be all over Keuchel (without knowing the details, admittedly) if he presented himself to the Halos

It looks like his ball isn't breaking correctly and he lost a few mph on his FB. I think a part is mental as well. I would take a flier on him for moderate money.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It looks like his ball isn't breaking correctly and he lost a few mph on his FB. I think a part is mental as well. I would take a flier on him for moderate money.
He never had a great Fastball anyway........ he needs some of that pine tar

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@Tabascocat Who hangs up first?

NYY- Clint Frazier-of
Justus Sheffield-sp
E Florial-of
Dillon Tate-sp

NYM- deGrom or Thor

Mets because their FO is too stupid to realize they have no idea what they are doing. I would unload both of those guys and get some talent. Of course, I would fire Alderson first and find a competent GM. How is Reyes still on this team??????

I would hate to lose Thor and DeGrom but this team isn't going anywhere with this offense. I would prefer a catcher and infielder in there somewhere.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A quick snapshot of Keuchel's recent problems:

"Dallas Keuchel has emerged as a major concern for the Astros, having allowed 13 runs in his last 11 innings, and 23 runs in his last 27 innings spanning 5 games."

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

"Dallas Keuchel has emerged as a major concern for the Astros, having allowed 13 runs in his last 11 innings, and 23 runs in his last 27 innings spanning 5 games."
Wowza, Mike. That bad.

Angels fans are praying for DeGrom, Dex, fyi, coming from the SB Nation, at least. But Albert is pretty much blocking that, obviously.........

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'd still deal our #5-7 prospect and maybe Barria for Kuechel, doubt the Astros bite, tho. They'd be selling low and are an absolute 3 or 4 favorite to win it all, still

Where are all the dang Astros fans btw?? Lol :)

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd still deal our #5-7 prospect and maybe Barria for Kuechel, doubt the Astros bite, tho. They'd be selling low and are an absolute 3 or 4 favorite to win it all, still

Where are all the dang Astros fans btw?? Lol :)

Sold! Just throw in the beer vendor and Kuechel is yours.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

I honestly think he's injured but doesn't want to say anything. He's famous for being on the DL and It's a contract season. He knows that teams will use that against him if he goes back on the DL.

His pitches just don't break like they used to and his fastball is topping out at a whopping 90mph.

Forrest Whitley can't get here soon enough.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think he's injured but doesn't want to say anything. He's famous for being on the DL and It's a contract season. He knows that teams will use that against him if he goes back on the DL.

His pitches just don't break like they used to and his fastball is topping out at a whopping 90mph.

Forrest Whitley can't get here soon enough.

The thing is you have two guys in the pen... McHugh & Peacock who could do a better job.

On top of that there are at least a couple guys down on the farm that could do a decent job.