MM, KM and Dak proved nothing last night

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because in played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:
One, this is wrong. The Chiefs have won more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last two years.

Two, regular season wins are meaningless if you can't win in the postseason. Cowboys have been abysmal in the postseason over the last two decades, even when they had really good teams. Hopefully, this team changes that dynamic by finally making a NFCCG this year with a win over the 49ers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One, this is wrong. The Chiefs have won more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last two years.

Two, regular season wins are meaningless if you can't win in the postseason. Cowboys have been abysmal in the postseason over the last two decades, even when they had really good teams. Hopefully, this team changes that dynamic by finally making a NFCCG this year with a win over the 49ers.
This is wrong. Regular season wins get you into the playoffs. You can’t go to the big dance unless you win enough regular season wins to get you in the tournament. So you saying they’re meaningless says a lot about your football acumen.

Bing

Reaction score
I'm not getting overly excited. We won a game we were supposed to win against a team no where as good as us. That's great, that is what we are suppose to do. I think half of league expected us to fail as that is what we are known to do in big games so big props to the team and coaching staff for actually being ready and having a winning game plan.

The competition greatly improves next week. Can this team come out next Sunday and play like that again? I hope so!! As the prove it games as far as I'm concerned start next week.

visionary

Reaction score
They proved they can beat a good playoff team on the road

Now they get to prove they can beat a great playoff team in the road next week

They also proved what I have said for years, the playoffs are about great QB play

Sydla

Reaction score
This is wrong. Regular season wins get you into the playoffs. You can’t go to the big dance unless you win enough regular season wins to get you in the tournament. So you saying they’re meaningless says a lot about your football acumen.
No one talks about regular season wins. No one talks about the 13 win Cowboys team a few years ago that lost in the first round. Teams, coaches and GMs are defined by postseason success. It won't matter how many regular season wins you accumulate, if you spit the bit constantly in the postseason, no one defines you as great.

People who want to gloat about regular season wins are the homers who struggle to admit this franchise has been a complete and utter failure when the games matter most - postseason.

They have a chance to change that trend this year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not getting overly excited. We won a game we were supposed to win against a team no where as good as us. That's great, that is what we are suppose to do. I think half of league expected us to fail as that is what we are known to do in big games so big props to the team and coaching staff for actually being ready and having a winning game plan.

The competition greatly improves next week. Can this team come out next Sunday and play like that again? I hope so!! As the prove it games as far as I'm concerned start next week.
It’s how they won the game.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I agree with you and that winning in the regular season is important to get you to the playoffs but it is what you do in the playoffs that people judge you. Fair or not it is what it is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No one talks about regular season wins. No one talks about the 13 win Cowboys team a few years ago that lost in the first round. Teams, coaches and GMs are defined by postseason success. It won't matter how many regular season wins you accumulate, if you spit the bit constantly in the postseason, no one defines you as great.

People who want to gloat about regular season wins are the homers who struggle to admit this franchise has been a complete and utter failure when the games matter most - postseason.
They weren’t “complete and utter failure” last night were they? Anyone who thinks regular season wins mean nothing has no clue about NFL football. None.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I actually think we did what we were supposed to do. Beat a team we are better than.

Before the playoffs started, I said a loss to anyone other than the Eagles or the 49ers would be an unsuccessful season. Why? Because those teams are better than us.

Dak, MM, KM....if they are to be viewed as "taking the next step"....we need to beat the 49ers.

Now, if we don't beat the 49ers....I don't place the majority of the blame on Dak, MM or KM. The 49ers came into Dallas last year in the playoffs and thoroughly beat us. When that happens...making moves in the offseason to be BETTER than the 49ers should have been a goal. It was not. They took a team that played in the NFC championship game and added Christian McCaffery. Who did we add this offseason that we can point to and say we are BETTER than last season.? We added a rookie LG...and we should be commended for that. But if the 49ers dominate us again....the blame lies at the doorstep of the front office...more than Dak, MM or KM.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree with you and that winning I the regular season is important to get you to the playoffs but it is what you do in the playoffs that people judge you. Fair or not it is what it is.
Agree 100%

Sydla

Reaction score
They weren’t “complete and utter failure” last night were they? Anyone who thinks regular season wins mean nothing has no clue about NFL football. None.
No one said they were. They played great last night. It was step one of trying to reverse what has been an abysmal postseason run for 25 years. They need to make a NFCCG game, something they haven't done in over two decades.

Beating TB was step one. But step two is now showing up and beating the 49ers and making that NFCCG game. If they lose this weekend, this is just another in a long line of good but not great seasons that we have seen over the last two plus decades.

Brax

Reaction score
So TB being 8-9 was a dog team and they played like it. This team feasts on the dogs, it’s no dog team next week so this is the game that will tell a lot about this team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I actually think we did what we were supposed to do. Beat a team we are better than.

Before the playoffs started, I said a loss to anyone other than the Eagles or the 49ers would be an unsuccessful season. Why? Because those teams are better than us.

Dak, MM, KM....if they are to be viewed as "taking the next step"....we need to beat the 49ers.

Now, if we don't beat the 49ers....I don't place the majority of the blame on Dak, MM or KM. The 49ers came into Dallas last year in the playoffs and thoroughly beat us. When that happens...making moves in the offseason to be BETTER than the 49ers should have been a goal. It was not. They took a team that played in the NFC championship game and added Christian McCaffery. Who did we add this offseason that we can point to and say we are BETTER than last season.? We added a rookie LG...and we should be commended for that. But if the 49ers dominate us again....the blame lies at the doorstep of the front office...more than Dak, MM or KM.
You’re missing the point of this thread and trying to change the narrative. My point was that MM, KM and Dak had already proved their places on this team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So TB being 8-9 was a dog team and they played like it. This team feasts on the dogs, it’s no dog team next week so this is the game that will tell a lot about this team.
Again, you’re missing the point. But you always do. You’re a hater.