MM, KM and Dak proved nothing last night

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re missing the point of this thread and trying to change the narrative. My point was that MM, KM and Dak had already proved their places on this team.
No, you are missing the point. What Dak and MM and KM have proven is they are good enough to get to the playoffs but can they actually make a run to a SB? That question is unanswered but at the end of the day, it's the most important question. Can this team get beyond where they are now?

If last night was our last win, it was a good season. It wasn't a great season. And the questions about Dak and MM will still be out there - are they good enough to get this team to a SB?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, you are missing the point. What Dak and MM and KM have proven is they are good enough to get to the playoffs but can they actually make a run to a SB? That question is unanswered but at the end of the day, it's the most important question. Can this team get beyond where they are now?
1-0 so far. Suck on that.

Sydla

Reaction score
1-0 so far. Suck on that.
It's great. They were dominant last night. They play like that going forward, they could definitely beat both San Fran and Philly.

But we've won our first playoff game before. We haven't won a 2nd playoff game since the mid 90s.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's great. They were dominant last night. They play like that going forward, they could definitely beat both San Fran and Philly.

But we've won our first playoff game before. We haven't won a 2nd playoff game since the mid 90s.
So? What does that have to do with this team? That’s just a loser mentality as it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this years team.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:
Dak was excellent, and unlike other games he didn't let the adversity (in this case, the first two drives), linger and effect his game.
The inconsistencies come when he hits the skids and canf get out of them and tries too hard to compensate....this time he went back to old faithful Schultz, he was very impressive (behind a working o-line) and a receiving Corp that seemed to find space.

Sydla

Reaction score
So? What does that have to do with this team? That’s just a loser mentality as it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this years team.
It has everything to do with you wanting to place MM and Dak and KM on some sort of pedestal. They have done a nice job this year. Dak played great last night. But if we lose next weekend, these guys have gotten no further than Garrett did with Dak or Philips got or Parcells got.

That's the point. You have decided to plant the flag on this team and McCarthy and yet they really haven't accomplished anything yet that's noteworthy or different than previous coaches/teams since Switzer won a SB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It has everything to do with you wanting to place MM and Dak and KM on some sort of pedestal. They have done a nice job this year. Dak played great last night. But if we lose next weekend, these guys have gotten no further than Garrett did with Dak or Philips got or Parcells got.

That's the point. You have decided to plant the flag on this team and McCarthy and yet they really haven't accomplished anything yet that's noteworthy or different than previous coaches/teams since Switzer won a SB.
They just won their 1st round game so they indeed have accomplished that. I get it though, you’re a hater. You will dwell on the negative no matter what happens. Even if they win the SB you’ll find something to ***** about. So you do you, and I’ll do me. I know which character traits are the better ones.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You’re missing the point of this thread and trying to change the narrative. My point was that MM, KM and Dak had already proved their places on this team.
What have they proved? I appreciate them. At this point...I could make a case that MM has been the best coach since Jimmy Johnson.

I mean Dak is making 40m plus. Shouldn't we expect for him to beat a team that we are better than? Kellen Moore was gifted a job calling plays for the most visible franchise in all of sports. We should thank him for doing a good job? MM was sitting at home on the couch,,,,he got a guaranteed contract that would pay him whether we win or not.

Again..I appreciate them. But for them to prove their value...they need to beat the 49ers. If they don't, I would not entirely blame them...but at this point...they did what they are paid/supposed to do.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
One, this is wrong. The Chiefs have won more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last two years.

Two, regular season wins are meaningless if you can't win in the postseason. Cowboys have been abysmal in the postseason over the last two decades, even when they had really good teams. Hopefully, this team changes that dynamic by finally making a NFCCG this year with a win over the 49ers.
Don't go confusing people with the facts!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One, this is wrong. The Chiefs have won more regular season games than any other NFL team over the last two years.

Two, regular season wins are meaningless if you can't win in the postseason. Cowboys have been abysmal in the postseason over the last two decades, even when they had really good teams. Hopefully, this team changes that dynamic by finally making a NFCCG this year with a win over the 49ers.
Regular season wins aren't meaningless though. If you are winning 12 games a year that's a good luxury to have. You are damn near guaranteeing you make the playoffs every year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What have they proved? I appreciate them. At this point...I could make a case that MM has been the best coach since Jimmy Johnson.

I mean Dak is making 40m plus. Shouldn't we expect for him to beat a team that we are better than? Kellen Moore was gifted a job calling plays for the most visible franchise in all of sports. We should thank him for doing a good job? MM was sitting at home on the couch,,,,he got a guaranteed contract that would pay him whether we win or not.

Again..I appreciate them. But for them to prove their value...they need to beat the 49ers. If they don't, I would not entirely blame them...but at this point...they did what they are paid/supposed to do.
So he gets no credit for beating a team he's better than but in order for him to get props he needs to beat a 9ers team that is a better team than the Cowboys, at home, more rest and has better coaches......

RodeoJake

Reaction score
When history is against you, it's like a weight on your shoulders. It doesn't matter if the faces have changed, the failures of the past send you up to bat with one or two strikes before you step up to the plate. It takes a gritty attitude and a tough resolve to say, I ain't gonna let what happened before dictate the outcome. So in that manner, Dak, Moore and everyone on the team proved they can win a playoff game on the road. They silenced ghosts of past road failures and proved that.

Sydla

Reaction score
They just won their 1st round game so they indeed have accomplished that. I get it though, you’re a hater. You will dwell on the negative no matter what happens. Even if they win the SB you’ll find something to ***** about. So you do you, and I’ll do me. I know which character traits are the better ones.
It's like you can't even read.

They've accomplished what some previous teams have accomplished. But they need to be better than that. This ain't rocket science.

There is no negative here. It's just reality. This team looked great last night and won a first round playoff game. But they've done this before. Garrett won some first round games and at the end of they day, it just wasn't good enough. It's why he's in the NBC broadcast booth and not coaching. McCarthy and company have now hit the floor. But they need to be better. They need to make a NFCCG game. If they lose this weekend, how are they any different than some of those good Garrett teams?

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm not getting overly excited. We won a game we were supposed to win against a team no where as good as us. That's great, that is what we are suppose to do. I think half of league expected us to fail as that is what we are known to do in big games so big props to the team and coaching staff for actually being ready and having a winning game plan.

The competition greatly improves next week. Can this team come out next Sunday and play like that again? I hope so!! As the prove it games as far as I'm concerned start next week.
Most analysts had us losing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's like you can't even read.

They've accomplished what some previous teams have accomplished. But they need to be better than that. This ain't rocket science.

There is no negative here. It's just reality. This team looked great last night and won a first round playoff game. But they've done this before. Garrett won some first round games and at the end of they day, it just wasn't good enough. It's why he's in the NBC broadcast booth and not coaching. McCarthy and company have now hit the floor. But they need to be better. They need to make a NFCCG game. If they lose this weekend, how are they any different than some of those good Garrett teams?
Of course they need to do better than 1 playoff win. Never said otherwise. You said regular season wins are meaningless. They aren’t. They get you into the tournament.

Sydla

Reaction score
Regular season wins aren't meaningless though. If you are winning 12 games a year that's a good luxury to have. You are damn near guaranteeing you make the playoffs every year.
The point is no one really cares if you win 12, 13, 14 games and lock up a top seed and then go out and lose a first or second round playoff game and at least make a conference title game. We won 13 games a few seasons ago. It was a really good regular season. Then we choked in our first playoff game against the Packers.

Does anyone consider that a great, elite Cowboys team? Nope. Why? Because they spit the bit early in the postseason.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
So he gets no credit for beating a team he's better than but in order for him to get props he needs to beat a 9ers team that is a better team than the Cowboys, at home, more rest and has better coaches......
I did say I appreciate them. It is hard to win in this league. Especially the playoffs. But we have assembled a better team than the Bucs. Dak is not getting paid to sell mattresses. He is getting paid to win postseason games. So I cheer and root, but I think the paycheck he is cashing every week is a sign of credit and appreciation. If he was still on his rookie contract,,,I would be more impressed...but a guy making 40+ million...a guy that played a role and getting Amari Cooper off the roster..a guy that wanted Schultz and we franchised...when you get what you ask for....you need to deliver!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you and that winning in the regular season is important to get you to the playoffs but it is what you do in the playoffs that people judge you. Fair or not it is what it is.
Who's "people?" If you don't believe it's fair to judge players that way, then what difference does it make what other "people" think?

Qcard

Reaction score
They had already proved their worth. I believe the Cowboys have won more games the last 2 years than any other team. The team believes in him and play hard for him. KM has consistently had one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don’t like those end around plays but it does give the defenses something to think about. And Dak, Dak’s been one of the best QB’s in the league since he won NFL Rookie of the Year. He‘s had turnover issues this year but if you’re honest with yourselves, half of those weren’t his fault. The haters will never admit that because they’re incapable of being honest with themselves. And the defense has been swiss cheese the last half of the season. Kudos to the D for stepping up last night and shutting down Tom Brady.

So all the media and hater hype about MM, KM and Dak playing for their careers was just that, hype. It’s a great example of how perception becomes reality. The media, who are paid to create controversy, crapped on them all. The mouth breathing haters have not the mental capability to see through this and went with the perception because it played into their hater mentality. All I got to say about them is “HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!”

:starspin:
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:Wins!!!

Dak Haters are imbeciles!!

Same Energy!!