MNF Eagles Mid-Field Logo

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2498761 said:
They are commemorating 75 years and no Super Bowl wins.

The banner says:

"75 years and counting....We suck."

You.... you....... you..........you...........oh, you're good! :laugh1:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499034 said:
I'm so glad you asked ...

thumbnail.aspx

Home of the 2008 World Series Champions Philadelphia Phillies

LITTLE KNOWN FACT ...

By the way...no Texas team has ever won any baseball championship ...e.g., the Rangers nor the Astros (emtpy ballpen trophy case)!

Well-too bad the 2008 World Series was among the lowest rated.

IOW-ultimately, noone gave a **** over the Phillies doing anything.;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Thanks for telling me that baseball isn't football. Look, the basis of my mentioning the coveted "Commissioners Trophy" (aka the World Series trophy) is because I think the championship is just the start of Philly returning o being the Home of Champions ...the Stanley Trophy is next (NHL); then the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Speaking about football ...the road to a Cowboy wildcard berth is through Philadelphia. Personally, I think the Eagles will stop you once again.

Good hunting ...

PT;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499409 said:
Thanks for telling me that baseball isn't football. Look, the basis of my mentioning the coveted "Commissioners Trophy" (aka the World Series trophy) is because I thing the championship is just the start of Philly returning o being the Home of Champions ...the Stanley Trophy is next (NHL); then the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Speaking about football ...the road to a Cowboy wildcard berth is through Philadelphia. Personally, I think the Eagles will stop you once again.

Good hunting ...

PT;)

What makes you think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC? What about Minny and Carolina-aren't both the hottest teams in the NFC currently?

BTW-they don't even control their destiny either. If both Tampa and Atlanta win out, they're both in.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

While the game will be in Philly, Philly has to go through the Cowboys. The Cowboys are in the playoffs as of today. It's Philly looking in from the outside.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Thanks for telling me that baseball isn't football. Look, the basis of my mentioning the coveted "Commissioners Trophy" (aka the World Series trophy) is because I think the championship is just the start of Philly returning o being the Home of Champions ...the Stanley Trophy is next (NHL); then the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Good hunting ...

PT;)

Wow.

I know you dont believe that this is the beginning of the run for the Lombardy.

I think the Eagles are the only team that NEVER, EVER liked their starting QB. :laugh1:

Boysboy;2499412 said:
What makes you think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC? What about Minny and Carolina-aren't both the hottest teams in the NFC currently?

BTW-they don't even control their destiny either. If both Tampa and Atlanta win out, they're both in.

He doesnt think the Eagles are the best. It took a few wins for him to even come back in here.

Boysboy

Reaction score
nyc;2499415 said:
While the game will be in Philly, Philly has to go through the Cowboys. The Cowboys are in the playoffs as of today. It's Philly looking in from the outside.

I also find it laughable how the Eagles thought their #1 pick from Carolina was going to be a high one b/c they appeared they weren't going to be very good this year(especially with the Steve Smith altercation in TC).

It would be funny if the Eagles finished 10-5-1 and missed the playoffs, and Carolina at least made it to the Super Bowl. Draft spots at #18 and #31 don't look all that great for a team with some glaring holes this offseason.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499412 said:

First off, allow me to express my thanks to you for not trying to barge-in with insults or a joking demeanor.

Never said the Eagles were the "best" team in the NFC. Uncertain how you came to that notion, but BTW, the "best" team doesn't always get the prize.

Many of you know or remember me as being the first one to congratulate the Cowboys for beating the Eagles or being victorious in a difficult game. I know some of you remember comments like ..."I appreciate your gesture coming from an opponent fan" etc ...

No one (I'm particulary surprised at a certain Cowboy fan ...but no one gave any recognition about the Phillies! Interesting ...especially because at the Championship level we usually rise above the simple comments and simply give credit to whomever the team is that rises to become Champion ...regardless of the sport!

PT:confused:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499428 said:
First off, allow me to express my thanks to you for not trying to barge-in with insults or a joking demeanor.

Never said the Eagles were the "best" team in the NFC. Uncertain how you came to that notion, but BTW, the "best" team doesn't always get the prize.

Many of you know or remember me as being the first one to congratulate the Cowboys for beating the Eagles or being victorious in a difficult game. I know some of you remember comments like ..."I appreciate your gesture coming from an opponent fan" etc ...

No one (I'm particulary surprised at a certain Cowboy fan ...but no one gave any recognition about the Phillies! Interesting ...especially because at the Championship level we usually rise above the simple comments and simply give credit to whomever the team is that rises to become Champion ...regardless of the sport!

PT:confused:

Hey-relax...it was only light-hearted talk.

BTW-I don't even like baseball myself. Phillies won, kudos to them. But personally, I couldn't give 2 ***** if the Rangers won anything.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
nyc;2499415 said:
The Cowboys are in the playoffs as of today. It's Philly looking in from the outside.

No the Cowboys are not in the playoff ...at least not in the NFL playoffs! What are you thinking about?

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499439 said:
No the Cowboys are not in the playoff ...at least not in the NFL playoffs! What are you thinking about?

PT

He was talking about IF the season ended TODAY, we would be the 5th seed.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
YoMick;2499422 said:
He doesnt think the Eagles are the best. It took a few wins for him to even come back in here.

Well you certainly are striking out on your guesses YoMick. I'm a full-time Football MB Moderator and while I'm fond of this MB because of certain fans here, this is not my only membership/concern.

Come on think YoMick ...I'm here regardless of my team's record and you should know that. I've never been quite able to understand why you take a sensible poster like yourself, place him in a situation where he is in dialogue with an opponent poster, and watch him transform into someone that becomes quite unrealistic - simply because my allegiance is with a team that is not called the Dallas Cowboys.

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499458 said:
Well you certainly are striking out on your guesses YoMick. I'm a full-time Football MB Moderator and while I'm fond of this MB because of certain fans here, this is not my only membership/concern.

Come on think YoMick ...I'm here regardless of my team's record and you should know that. I've never been quite able to understand why you take a sensible poster like yourself, place him in a situation where he is in dialogue with an opponent poster, and watch him transform into someone that becomes quite unrealistic - simply because my allegiance is with a team that is not called the Dallas Cowboys.

PT

By any chance, are you the same "Eagle Talon" guy on NFL Football Palace(or whatever that board is called)? Their moderator(westbrook4six) is a regular on another CMB I go to.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499427 said:
It would be funny if the Eagles finished 10-5-1 and missed the playoffs, and Carolina at least made it to the Super Bowl. Draft spots at #18 and #31 don't look all that great for a team with some glaring holes this offseason.

Funny indeed ...but where would that put the Dallas Cowboys?!:rolleyes:

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499462 said:
Funny indeed ...but where would that put the Dallas Cowboys?!:rolleyes:

PT

Well-the Lions have our #1 this next year, FWIW-not like they're drafting geniouses anyways.;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499449 said:
He was talking about IF the season ended TODAY, we would be the 5th seed.

You're in the wrong business if you read all of that in his comments.

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499472 said:
You're in the wrong business if you read all of that in his comments.

PT

I predicted the NFCS would send 3 teams to the playoffs 2 weeks ago. I reluctantly stand by this prediction, as much as I hate to say it.

Rudy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499034 said:
I'm so glad you asked ...

thumbnail.aspx

Home of the 2008 World Series Champions Philadelphia Phillies

LITTLE KNOWN FACT ...

By the way...no Texas team has ever won any baseball championship ...e.g., the Rangers nor the Astros (emtpy ballpen trophy case)!

Here's a well known fact - no one gives an F about baseball.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499461 said:
By any chance, are you the same "Eagle Talon" guy on NFL Football Palace(or whatever that board is called)? Their moderator(westbrook4six) is a regular on another CMB I go to.

Sounds like you get around also Boysboy. I know the moderators here at the Zone very well ...I hope they can tell you that I do my best to conduct myself in a manner that represents my team; as an Eagles fan. I also try to give my Dallas Cowboy fan posters the same respect, unless otherwise shown/demonstrated.

PT

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Rudy;2499495 said:
Here's a well known fact - no one gives an F about baseball.

I'm honored to receive a response from someone who speaks for the entire sports world. Very insightful there Rudy!

PT