Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499034 said:
I'm so glad you asked ...

thumbnail.aspx

Home of the 2008 World Series Champions Philadelphia Phillies

LITTLE KNOWN FACT ...

By the way...no Texas team has ever won any baseball championship ...e.g., the Rangers nor the Astros (emtpy ballpen trophy case)!

Baseball's for girls..............

Rudy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499502 said:
I'm honored to receive a response from someone who speaks for the entire sports world. Very insightful there Rudy!

PT

Thanks, man!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499496 said:
Sounds like you get around also Boysboy. I know the moderators here at the Zone very well ...I hope they can tell you that I do my best to conduct myself in a manner that represents my team; as an Eagles fan. I also try to guve my Dallas Cowboy fan posters the same respect, unless otherwise shown/demonstrated.

PT

You're a pretty decent poster(I guess the occasional smack-talk is expected, especially given the heat of our rivalry).

2 years ago at the blog.dallascowboys MB, there were 3 (supposedly)Cowboys fans that somehow made their way into being mods, but with sinister intentions. They along with Plache(whom I'm sure you're familiar with on the EMB) slowly but surely tried to take over our board(they even gave an EAGLES FAN a mod position), invited EMB members to come trashing that board...next thing I know all **** breaks lose(the "locked thread" enabler somehow got disabled), and the admin had to step in to shut it down and clean everything up.

Next thing we know, those 3 bozos and Plache run off to their little cubble hole and create their own little MB(forgot the name).

My perceptions of Eagles fans was angered largely b/c of those bozos. Aside from that, most Eagles fans I've been to with other CMB have been pretty cool. Even the disrespectful smack-talkers would come back and give us our props when we beat them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499034 said:
I'm so glad you asked ...

thumbnail.aspx

Home of the 2008 World Series Champions Philadelphia Phillies

LITTLE KNOWN FACT ...

By the way...no Texas team has ever won any baseball championship ...e.g., the Rangers nor the Astros (emtpy ballpen trophy case)!

Little known fact. This is a Cowboys FOOTBALL forum. Celebrating baseball, hockey and other such championships is for the sports zone or other forums all together.

Hostile;2499102 said:
That is actually false information on top of its irrelevance. The Texas Longhorns have won the College World Series 6 times.

1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, and 2005.

Here's a link to the Champions as proof.

I noticed that no Pennsylvania team has ever won it. Though Penn St. did lose it in 1957. Just 3 years before the Eagles Championship drought began.

I find the image below tragic on multiple levels.

eagles_bus_1.jpg

This is funny even with the fact that on this particular forum baseball has no relevance. Breaking out the fact stick again Hos. Good stuff.

Phoenix-Talon;2499409 said:
Thanks for telling me that baseball isn't football. Look, the basis of my mentioning the coveted "Commissioners Trophy" (aka the World Series trophy) is because I think the championship is just the start of Philly returning o being the Home of Champions ...the Stanley Trophy is next (NHL); then the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Speaking about football ...the road to a Cowboy wildcard berth is through Philadelphia. Personally, I think the Eagles will stop you once again.

Good hunting ...

PT;)

Actually after we beat Baltimore this week and you, and a couple others lose games you probably shouldn't have, we'll be in regardless of what happens next week. But, either way, we'll be in.

Also no sure how the Vince Lombardi trophy could be returning home to you when you've never so much as even sniffed actually winning it.

Phoenix-Talon;2499428 said:
First off, allow me to express my thanks to you for not trying to barge-in with insults or a joking demeanor.

Never said the Eagles were the "best" team in the NFC. Uncertain how you came to that notion, but BTW, the "best" team doesn't always get the prize.

Many of you know or remember me as being the first one to congratulate the Cowboys for beating the Eagles or being victorious in a difficult game. I know some of you remember comments like ..."I appreciate your gesture coming from an opponent fan" etc ...

No one (I'm particulary surprised at a certain Cowboy fan ...but no one gave any recognition about the Phillies! Interesting ...especially because at the Championship level we usually rise above the simple comments and simply give credit to whomever the team is that rises to become Champion ...regardless of the sport!

PT:confused:

I remember you giving the credit where it was due. It was classy, respectable. However that has nothing to do with the Phillies. Why would someone start a topic on this forum about the Phillies winning the World Series? Now maybe if some of us were all part of a Phillies forum, with you, you'd have seen something different.

Either way I expect Dallas wins out here and gets themselves in the playoffs and ends the Eagles hopes and dreams for another year.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Seven;2499507 said:
Baseball's for girls..............

You're a comedian, because half the MB or more would laugh at you for saying such a ridiculous comment about a sport that was considered "America's Pastime" sport ...at one time. Have you ever seen the Baseball stadiums that are packed each season - they rival football attendance but are limited by the seating capacity.

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499537 said:
You're a comedian, because half the MB or more would laugh at you for saying such a ridiculous comment about a sport that was considered "America's Pastime" sport ...at one time. Have you ever seen the Baseball stadiums that are packed each season - they rival football attendance but are limited by the seating capacity.

PT

That's b/c they give like 10% discounts for season ticket holders et al. Plus on the weekends is when they have activities like fireworks, which is when all the beer drinkers et al find an excuse to hang out at the ballpark. It's also an excuse guys to take girls on a date.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499521 said:
You're a pretty decent poster(I guess the occasional smack-talk is expected, especially given the heat of our rivalry).

2 years ago at the blog.dallascowboys MB, there were 3 (supposedly)Cowboys fans that somehow made their way into being mods, but with sinister intentions. They along with Plache(whom I'm sure you're familiar with on the EMB) slowly but surely tried to take over our board(they even gave an EAGLES FAN a mod position), invited EMB members to come trashing that board...next thing I know all **** breaks lose(the "locked thread" enabler somehow got disabled), and the admin had to step in to shut it down and clean everything up.

Next thing we know, those 3 bozos and Plache run off to their little cubble hole and create their own little MB(forgot the name).

My perceptions of Eagles fans was angered largely b/c of those bozos. Aside from that, most Eagles fans I've been to with other CMB have been pretty cool. Even the disrespectful smack-talkers would come back and give us our props when we beat them.

Understand the bitterness. But everyone has their version of horror stories that pertain to opponent fan base. I could say the saem about other opponent fan base members and even some of my own fan base. I try to treat everyone with equal respect until they show me that they don't want it.

PT

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499537 said:

PT

Was, as in used to be. Damn shame they turned their heads for steroid use ONLY to give us something to watch in a homerun fest. Baseball is in decline and has been for several years.

Baseball's fore fathers would puke at what's out there today.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499551 said:
Understand the bitterness. But everyone has their version of horror stories that pertain to opponent fan base. I could say the saem about other opponent fan base members and even some of my own fan base. I try to treat everyone with equal respect until they show me that they don't want it.

PT

To be frank, the fact that Reid/McNabb have owned us since they took over the Eagles have caused some of the bitterness. The tensions/horror stories with the fans are the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah-what happened 2 years ago still gets on my nerves, but like you said, every fan base has their share of idiots. I guess with the NEW NFL and the stakes being much higher, the tensions have really risen with the fan bases.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2499532 said:
I remember you giving the credit where it was due. It was classy, respectable. However that has nothing to do with the Phillies. Why would someone start a topic on this forum about the Phillies winning the World Series? Now maybe if some of us were all part of a Phillies forum, with you, you'd have seen something different.

Two ways of looking at your perspective ...either way, I disagree with you.

One ...the thread's topic had to do with an unknown source ... a fill-in the blanks aspect associated with the language/verbiage that was written behind the Eagles endzone area. I populated that unknown source with an opportunity to bring accolades to my city's sports program while responding to the question about language on a football field.

Two ...you're border line fixated about what you describe as off-topic Baseball comments. Because since the first obvious observation was made, the topic has gone full circle back to football.

You would be doing good to focus your attention on the next two games your team is about to encounter rather that try to get a poster back on topic.

Good hunting.

PT

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499577 said:
Yeah-what happened 2 years ago still gets on my nerves, but like you said, every fan base has their share of idiots.

Whoa ..don't miss quote me now ...I would never have used the term "idiots." Re-read my post ...after all ...there are plenty here that would jump at the opportunity to retaliate about something as trivial as that.

PT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Well, good thing about this roller coaster ride at season's end is that I end up getting my post count UP with all these discussions.(alot like I did last week)

I think I'll take a break now and come back later, have some Christmas shopping to do.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Boysboy;2499616 said:
Well, good thing about this roller coaster ride at season's end is that I end up getting my post count UP with all these discussions.(alot like I did last week)

I think I'll take a break now and come back later, have some Christmas shopping to do.

Happy holiday Boysboy.

Phoenix-Talon

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499409 said:
Thanks for telling me that baseball isn't football. Look, the basis of my mentioning the coveted "Commissioners Trophy" (aka the World Series trophy) is because I think the championship is just the start of Philly returning o being the Home of Champions ...the Stanley Trophy is next (NHL); then the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Speaking about football ...the road to a Cowboy wildcard berth is through Philadelphia. Personally, I think the Eagles will stop you once again.

Good hunting ...

PT;)
Stopping us does you no good unless Atlanta and Tampa Bay both lose. Plus you have to stop Washington first and I wouldn't count on that being easy to do.

Just food for thought.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2499458 said:
Come on think YoMick ...I'm here regardless of my team's record and you should know that.

"That is a complete falsehood"

You IN FACT disappear.... only come back when something good happens for Eagles "some people like to play there little games"

32179447_595x401.jpg

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile;2499682 said:
Stopping us does you no good unless Atlanta and Tampa Bay both lose. Plus you have to stop Washington first and I wouldn't count on that being easy to do.

I thought it went a little something like this ...

The Eagles need

1) to win out, and
2) Atlanta to lose one game

...and they make the playoffs.

PT

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2499696 said:

You IN FACT disappear.... only come back when something good happens for Eagles "some people like to play there little games"

32179447_595x401.jpg
Most Eagle fans do disappear when the going gets tough. Look at their QB he pukes at every crucial moment in a game. Eagle fans make me laugh so much.
The guy handling my mortgage insurance is from Philly and he came over this past Saturday and we got into a discussion about the game in Week 17 because he knew I was a Cowboy. He first said Romo was overrated(Probably didn't think that after the Giants game) and said he is a 2nd string QB at best. I told him I would take 2 maybe 3 QB's in the entire league over Romo and McNabb was definitely not one of them. He also said that he would call me after the Eagles beat the Cowboys. I love how Eagle fans talk so much trash and have nothing to show for it all these years except 'we owned you guys in the 2000's'. Well that's great but you had nothing to show for it in the end and blew golden opportunity after golden opportunity because your coach, QB and team are a bunch of chokers.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
YoMick;2499696 said:

You IN FACT disappear... only come back when something good happens for Eagles "

Retrospectively ...I should only be here when something bad happens for the Eagles. Better than that, some of your fellow fans thinks I shouldn't be here at all!

Wait ...who are you or anyone to tell me when I should come or go anyway!

PT