MNF has biggest ratings in nearly 30 years and without the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Northeast for example is the countries largest TV market. You can’t tell me that most of those tuning in to our games aren’t rooting against us. Same on most of West coast.

And much of the Midwest and South except for Texas and immediate 5 state region which broadcast all the Cowboys games.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Throughout its history , MNF has always been the biggest game of the week. Then came free agency and it became impossible to predict a lot of matchups bc teams got shuffled every offseason. It’s rarely been a good game for the last few decades. 2023 is the first year the NFL extended flex scheduling to MNF. That’s why we are seeing better games and the brand seems to be back in the spot light. I’m sure Dallas will shatter that record since we are the biggest brand. We just need a marquee opponent in a meaningful game.
For years MNF was getting just as bad matchups as Thursdays games. Add to the fact that the announcers were meh at best and there you are
That was the great thing about Dandy Don Howard and Frank; they could make even lousy games interesting
no one else ever came close

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For years MNF was getting just as bad matchups as Thursdays games. Add to the fact that the announcers were meh at best and there you are
That was the great thing about Dandy Don Howard and Frank; they could make even lousy games interesting
no one else ever came close
Right… and since MNF has good or at least better matchups again along with the Marquee Broadcasters with Troy and Buck it has made MNF more of the game to watch.

Just hearing Troys voice makes it seem like a big game. Similar to what we used to say about Madden and back in the day the original MNF crew.

Reaction score

Maybe we are losing our fastball.

People are so fickle. It's only been 28 years.

That was a great game, it's not fair but you can see why the NFL tries to "manage" the games and usher the top teams towards the playoffs and championship. Like the Jordan rule,,, Packers OL holding like maniacs for a decade, now it's San Fran and the Eagles being ushered in to face the Mahomes show from KC or dynamic Lamar and the Ravens.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Prob so . Fans need to also remember that current MNF is also being broadcast on ABC since the Writers Strike postponed the normal broadcast making MNF more available than usual on ESPN alone. And why SNF has taken over the most watched games in recent years.
Yep. The fact that it's on ABC alone boosts ratings.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I’m sick of watching the Jets on national broadcast .

They were originally billed cause of Rodgers . But they must be most horrible team to watch.

They are scheduled for another national broadcast Friday. Booooooooooo!!!!!!
Try living in NY. Ive been putting up with this garbage team for 60 years. Not to mention the Giants and Bills.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can say we're America's favorite team to root for, who's even close?
Yes, but are there more in America rooting against us or for us?

Perhaps you can offer your thoughts . Is the Cowboys national viewership driven more by our fans or those who root against us?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Try living in NY. Ive been putting up with this garbage team for 60 years. Not to mention the Giants and Bills.
Yea, if I wasn’t a fan of the locally broadcast team I’d have to get Sunday Ticket.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Right… and since MNF has good or at least better matchups again along with the Marquee Broadcasters with Troy and Buck it has made MNF more of the game to watch.

Just hearing Troys voice makes it seem like a big game. Similar to what we used to say about Madden and back in the day the original MNF crew.
WIth all due respect to Troy and Buck, they ain't anywhere near as good as the Immortal Three.

Cydios

Reaction score

Maybe we are losing our fastball.

People are so fickle. It's only been 28 years.

IT'S STILL BECAUSE OF THE COWBOYS.. All the fans were pulling for the Chiefs. Our game day thread for that game was very lively.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the universe got to see just how the Philly Refs always helps them win games. :thumbup:

gtb1943

Reaction score
I agree but I’d argue they are the premiere duo today.
Agree
It was the humor of Dandy Don and his digs at Howard and Howards back at him and Frank being the straight man that mad them the absolute best when a game was not competitive or very boring

RoboQB

Reaction score
Tex wasn't responsible for America's Team .
It was Tex Schramm who first called the Cowboys America's Team.
Tom Landry was furious because he knew that moniker would only
upset the opposing teams. It's essentially why others "hate" the Cowboys.
This is Cowboys history 101 stuff.

Hardline

Reaction score
It was Tex Schramm who first called the Cowboys America's Team.
Tom Landry was furious because he knew that moniker would only
upset the opposing teams. It's essentially why others "hate" the Cowboys.
This is Cowboys history 101 stuff.
Steve Sabol of NFL Films came up with America's Team in the 70s . It was in a documentary.