MNF: Seahawks vs Commanders Game Thread

kramskoi

Reaction score
2008 Burress, Smith, Toomer and Boss are a hell of a lot better than what the Seattle have without Harvin and Miller right now. Smith in particular was excellent until a degenerative knee condition. They also had Shaun O'Hara who is an excellent analog of Unger.

The Seachickens had Rice and Tate last year. Miller will also be out next week.

Are you even going to address the poor discipline of the Commanders front 7?
Nope...you've done a commendable job. Dallas will certainly get a chance to review film and avoid a similar debacle in containing both Wilson and Lynch. You only prove my point with O'Hara, who was part of a good Giants o-line at the time. 2007 Burress was slowed by an ankle injury that would not go away and they lost Shockey in week 15 of that year...yet, they derailed one of the most prolific offenses ever assembled in NFL history. A hobbled Burress (Tyree), and Toomer at WR. Steve Smith wasn't even on the radar that year (8 rec/63yds). Has a team ever done more with less?...and Manning would never be mistaken for Russell Wilson, either in completion percentage, propensity for interceptions, or rushing aplomb. We will agree to disagree, but you can have Harvin and Rice...give me Lynch and Wilson. The NFL, one day, will get back to the business of running the ball, much to the chagrin of the "chuck-ball" aficionados.

Last edited:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
So if Romo scrambles and Kam Chancellor is running at him you want Romo to truck stick Chancellor?

I think if any QB passes the line of scrimmage they should be able to be hit like any other rb/wr. That was the way it was when I grew up playing football. that was the way the game was meant to be played.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
This Seahawks team is beatable for sure. Last years team was unbeatable, but this one has many chinks in the armor.

Question: Do we go strength vs strength and attack the Seahawks on the ground, or try and pass on them?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

Nirvana

Reaction score
As good as he is, I can't stand Sherman and his WWEesque demeanor. I hope Dez burns him, though I'm sure he'll probably just keep him and a safety busy while letting Williams & Witten take more of a responsibility in the passing game

There is already a fair amount of "Dez vs. Sherman" going on, I hope Dez gets to eat. You know Dez is coming down with that ball.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As good as he is, I can't stand Sherman and his WWEesque demeanor. I hope Dez burns him, though I'm sure he'll probably just keep him and a safety busy while letting Williams & Witten take more of a responsibility in the passing game

I bet they man Sherman up on Dez, and I'm not sure I'd test him that often in that case, anyway, honestly. There are going to be better matchups available most of the day. I'd rather not risk the turnover.

Re: Garcon and that hair pull, how'd the refs miss the shoving that went on prior to that? It was way past five yards.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I think if any QB passes the line of scrimmage they should be able to be hit like any other rb/wr. That was the way it was when I grew up playing football. that was the way the game was meant to be played.

Love that avatar!

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I bet they man Sherman up on Dez, and I'm not sure I'd test him that often in that case, anyway, honestly. There are going to be better matchups available most of the day. I'd rather not risk the turnover.

Re: Garcon and that hair pull, how'd the refs miss the shoving that went on prior to that? It was way past five yards.

Well, they were calling that all through the pre-season because they knew teams like the Seahawks (well, pretty much primarily Seahawks) were holding any chance they got based on the thinking it wouldn't be called 'every' time, plus worst case scenario it's only a five yard penalty. But it seems like they've already eased up on it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nope...you've done a commendable job. Dallas will certainly get a chance to review film and avoid a similar debacle in containing both Wilson and Lynch. You only prove my point with O'Hara, who was part of a good Giants o-line at the time. 2007 Burress was slowed by an ankle injury that would not go away and they lost Shockey in week 15 of that year...yet, they derailed one of the most prolific offenses ever assembled in NFL history. A hobbled Burress (Tyree), and Toomer at WR. Steve Smith wasn't even on the radar that year (8 rec/63yds). Has a team ever done more with less?...and Manning would never be mistaken for Russell Wilson, either in completion percentage, propensity for interceptions, or rushing aplomb. We will agree to disagree, but you can have Harvin and Rice...give me Lynch and Wilson. The NFL, one day, will get back to the business of running the ball, much to the chagrin of the "chuck-ball" aficionados.

Well if you are not going to address it and admit i did a good job then you admit that the success Seattle had running the ball was primarily due to poor discipline by the Commanders especially in the first half. Thanks.

I don't see how Unger being hurt and O'Hara not proves your point. Toomer, Boss and a crippled Burress are still better than what the Seahawks have minus Harvin and Miller.

Seattle is also giving up 22.2 ppg this year which is about as mediocre as mediocre can bet at 16th.

It is interesting that you are trying to conflate these 2014 Seahawks with a random Giants team as if it is meaningful. Are you even a Dallas fan?

poost

Reaction score

I think Sherman only plays one side, they don't swap their corners to shadow receivers. So Dez should be able to just move around and avoid Sherman.

joseephuss

Reaction score
75% passing...125 yds rushing. 2 TD passes, with one or two called back due to penalties. I will take that kind of bus driver any day!

He is

Roger Staubach would have had a longer career if he played by today's rules. We would be seeing many more back up QBs playing if the game was played the way it was meant to be played and that would be bad for the game.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

WR's can slide too if they want.