MNF thread Hawks-Vikes

Aven8

Reaction score
The season opener looks like what I think Prescott should be. Every game to start with.

He will not be a pure dropback passer who can deliver the throws to the level he needs to. Kitna has done some nice work, but there are limits here.

They are. This offense changed when we went to NO. Yes we played scrubs, but it changed. It reminded me of JG’s first year at OC with Romo. All over the place. Never settling in on anything, but heavy pass first team.

I mean what are we really? Pass? Run? We have NO balance anymore.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It has definitely been coached out of him. When we are winning and going he’s running. I’m so sick of JG.

I wish that Dak would take it upon himself to run if he has a lane in front of him that's guaranteed to pick up a chunk of yards with his feet. With that being said, if this coaching staff instilled in Dak that running was a negative aspect for him as a QB or that he needed to be a pure pocket passer, then it's a perfect example of why this coaching staff under Garrett has failed to get past the divisional round of the playoffs. Zero ability to utilized the best skill sets of certain players.

Wouldn't be too surprising if Bryon Jones left and started to get INTs with a DC who had a better defensive scheme. Coaching is why we see Ex Cowboys players thrive in on other teams or players that the Cowboys passed up in the draft thrive on other teams.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly the loudest stadium in the NFL, but the Chiefs say different.

But notice when Seattle on offense you can almost hear a pin drop.
When Dallas had the ball you hear the fans cheering, like that will help them score or get the 1st down. And I don't think it was that loud from the Bills fans.

Aven8

Reaction score
I wish that Dak would take it upon himself to run if he has a lane in front of him that's guaranteed to pick up a chunk of yards with his feet. With that being said, if this coaching staff instilled in Dak that running was a negative aspect for him as a QB or that he needed to be a pure pocket passer, then it's a perfect example of why this coaching staff under Garrett has failed to get past the divisional round of the playoffs. Zero ability to utilized the best skill sets of certain players.

Wouldn't be too surprising if Bryon Jones left and started to get INTs with a DC who had a better defensive scheme. Coaching is why we see Ex Cowboys players thrive in on other teams or players that the Cowboys passed up in the draft thrive on other teams.

It just doesn’t make sense how the guy runs in some game and does somersaults into the end zone, and then in others he never moves outside of a roll out. It’s maddening. He’s no Vick, but he’s tough and can move.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It just doesn’t make sense how the guy runs in some game and does somersaults into the end zone, and then in others he never moves outside of a roll out. It’s maddening. He’s no Vick, but he’s tough and can move.

I wonder if it's Garrett and Moore coaching it out of him or Kitna.

gmb1

Reaction score
This is like that catch no catch thing I love so much

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When is the last time he kept the ball on the Zone read? It looks wide open for him every time.

He has never kept the ball much in the red zone. He has 3 rushing TDs this year, he has 6 each season prior. He's not significantly down. And the last time we had a designed play in the red zone, he got blown up. Dak simply doesn't have the quickness to be that effective, it's a go to every now and then. Plus, Zeke has to do more down there as well to get defenses to bite.

And you know how many times things look "wide open" for a QB? Defenders are pretty dang quick and they get paid to get to the QB and stop them. I just don't think Dak's legs are what is missing here.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wonder if it's Garrett and Moore coaching it out of him or Kitna.

It seems like he has been giving it to Zeke more on the option plays the last few weeks.

I thought he had a walk-in TD vs Minn on that 2nd down late in the game if he kept it.

That said if they were coaching it out of him, why if call the play?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I love the play calling for Minnesota. That's twice now in 3rd and short to medium they moved cousins and had two receiving options going in the same area. If ones covered, the other read is right there for him to see.