Mo Claiborne likely has a torn ACL

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Feel bad for Claiborne, and hope for a speedy recovery. Don't think this impacts the defense very much though.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Doesn't he still have a year left on his contract? Why are people saying he's likely done as a Cowboy? I don't really know how the contract stuff works.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Doesn't he still have a year left on his contract? Why are people saying he's likely done as a Cowboy? I don't really know how the contract stuff works.

They hate him and want him to be cut.

He won't. He will be with the team next year.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That hurts our corner depth for sure, but we have guys that can step in and be better than he was.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He was rated as the worst corner in the league, only regressing.

He played like an UDFA rookie. This will have no impact on the defense.

Wish him the best

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I hate it-

For the man himself.
I know he knew of his reputation and wanted nothing more than to show he had the goods.

Now?

The stink will stay and he can do nothing about it.

Darn.
Hopefully he finds Zen Buddhism.

The perfect practice for a NFL cornerback.

Forget the pains of the past.
Live in the moment.

Build as best you can and be the best man you can be.
He needs that more than ever now.

I still root for the guy.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
How did he tear his ACL on that play? I havn't watched it again but dang I didn't think he tore anything.

He hyper-extended his knee when he was planting his foot. You can see it buckle a bit in the replay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly- did that defense skip a beat after he went out?
I'm a huge Clai defender. I always want him to succeed, but let's call a spade a spade.

That D did not miss him one bit.

I believe in Sterling too.
That man can ball.

Oh I agree with you. I'm thinking more of the long haul. Like I saw a play where Scandrick was hobbling......we're a corner down from just having 3 corners. Claiborne is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be but while his play can be duplicated or even replaced, I like the idea of having 4 corners as opposed to 3.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you. I'm thinking more of the long haul. Like I saw a play where Scandrick was hobbling......we're a corner down from just having 3 corners. Claiborne is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be but while his play can be duplicated or even replaced, I like the idea of having 4 corners as opposed to 3.

I agree.
100%.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Tough for the kid regardless of our disappointment with his play, I wish the guy a speedy recovery!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
kid scored a 7 on his wonderlic,, it was the injury that got him benched but really was just a matter of time before his ignorance did the same.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hate to hear this news. At first I though he was faking it, like another poster said, but then you could see him really in pain on the sideline and I knew it must be something pretty bad.

I imagine he will have surgery and go on IR so his season is officially over. As for the future, he has one more year left on his rookie contract so I guess we shall see if he makes the 53 next year. He better have a good camp and preseason.

gambit187

Reaction score
This will make or break his NFL career...his mental fortitude has to get tougher......maybe this is a blessing in disguise

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stinks, all the way around.

I wonder if we'll bring Jemea Thomas back, now? Or did we reportedly not like him all that much?

Derinyar

Reaction score
If Claiborne is on IR I expect Patmon to be active next week and us to sign another CB from some where, maybe bring back Jemea Thomas. But we have to have at least one more CB on the 53 now.