Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jazz what the limit amount on comp picks?

A team can't have any more than 4 comp picks awarded.
So if Mo signs with Baltimore, we will have 4, but if we sign a FA that counts as a comp pick, then we will be back to 3.

We lose 8, and sign 3, that is 5 lost, but we still only get 4.

This was what happened after the 2014 season, we lost like 9 signed 4 I think.

kevm3

Reaction score
If he leaves it seems like the FO will be feeling themselves entirely too much when it comes to the draft. So we're going to let the vast majority of our starters in the secondary leave and expect to field a decent defense next year?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he leaves it seems like the FO will be feeling themselves entirely too much when it comes to the draft. So we're going to let the vast majority of our starters in the secondary leave and expect to field a decent defense next year?

We can sign some FA's too, then fill voids, or upgrade, or hope to upgrade in the draft.
Most of the FA's skill wise are a trade off. Yes, you lose players that know your systems, schemes, but this is where your scouting and Will McClay come in, and must do their job to replace players lost.

noletime95

Reaction score
If Dallas could give him a comparable deal to last year I'd be good with that, but no significant guarantees for a guy that can't stay of the field.

kevm3

Reaction score
Our defense was already rather bland... maybe a tick above average, so I can't imagine what we will field when the majority of our starting secondary is walking out. Are we really expecting to replace all of those players with bargain bin players signed to 1 year deals and late round picks?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Everyone wanting WR's and even TE's in this draft, welp, this shouldn't be happening now. Damn, we have a lot of new holes on D with a D that already had a lot of holes.

It's only the first day of FA, I know. But dayyyyumm.