Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

8FOR!3

Reaction score
We know how it works, he could be an all pro in Baltimore or he could not stay on the field at all. It doesn't hurt my feelings that we're losing a guy who was never healthy even if he was really good when he was on the field.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is how it works when you let your players test the market. Turns out they actually test the market. Sometimes we don't decide to try to match, too.

Deal with it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd hope we can with Mo, Idgit. I like this kid.

We let ourselves get in a bad position with the secondary by not doing more last offseason. I like Mo, too, when he's on the field. I gotta say, though, I hate that he can't stay on the field. Give me Carr, anyday.

We're really lucky we hit on Brown last year. Only now I have concerns about Scandrick continuing to play at a high level. We're going to need to sign a veteran CB, and then draft one someplace and hit on that guy, too. Not good.

That said, Mo's family are hard core Cowboys fans, and he really did want to stay in Dallas. It's possible he shops the deal and we match it still. Depends what they want to give him. It can't be that much given how often he gets sidelined with soft tissue problems.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Bouye and Campbell looking to go to Jags. Wow. Ramsey and Bouye at corner, a beast in Campbell.

That defense has a ton of talent.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to suit up at CB or S for us.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If a decent contract, that will be our 4th comp pick. That is the only way to look at it.
Yes we will need to replace these players, but that's the way of life in the NFL now days.
If so, that'll max us out in comp picks. Will there be anybody still unsigned that could gain a higher comp pick?Leary, Church, McClain, and Mo...TWill could perhaps bring a higher comp pick. Beyond that, not sure.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Really, the only losses that internal depth won't fill would be if we lose both Carr and Claiborne. We've lost some solid starters, but I'm willing to let this thing play out a bit before jumping off a bridge.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We let ourselves get in a bad position with the secondary by not doing more last offseason. I like Mo, too, when he's on the field. I gotta say, though, I hate that he can't stay on the field. Give me Carr, anyday.

We're really lucky we hit on Brown last year. Only now I have concerns about Scandrick continuing to play at a high level. We're going to need to sign a veteran CB, and then draft one someplace and hit on that guy, too. Not good.

That said, Mo's family are hard core Cowboys fans, and he really did want to stay in Dallas. It's possible he shops the deal and we match it still. Depends what they want to give him. It can't be that much given how often he gets sidelined with soft tissue problems.

I really like Carr, too, Idgit. And as much as Mo and his fam like Dallas, Carr has equally expressed how much he enjoys being a Cowboy.

The soft tissue injuries w Mo are damning, they really are. But, gosh, he's really improved the last two seasons. He gets crapped on by a lot of fans, even when he's in. When he's been in the last two seasons, he's been outstanding. I wouldn't overpay for him, only because of those soft-tissue injuries. But if his offer is at or below 6mil/aav, and at or under 4 years, I would hope we matched it.

One person I have forgotten about, inexplicably, in the fray of the start of FA is Brown. You're absolutely right, Idgit, we have him, and I think he can play the outside.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Bouye and Campbell looking to go to Jags. Wow. Ramsey and Bouye at corner, a beast in Campbell.

That defense has a ton of talent.
A lot of us said that last year when they added the DT from Denver, drafted Ramsey/Jack/Maryland kid. We'll see if they can put it together under Couglin/Marrone.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

Well we just can't lose everyone, I'm starting to see a trade down in the draft happening for more picks.

We can't replace this many people with 7 draft picks like everyone thinks. We will need more picks, lucky its a deep draft, but we should and almost have to trade down at this point. I figure we will go cheap with some pickups sometime, but we are getting even lighter in talent on D right now. Some might needed to go, but we still have to have a warm body to replace them.....Man, I gotta get in shape.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I would like to re-sign Claiborne.

I don't care about losing McClain or Church or a bunch of these other guys on D. But Claiborne was our second best player on defense last year when he was healthy. We were finally getting a return on investment.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Carr, too, Idgit. And as much as Mo and his fam like Dallas, Carr has equally expressed how much he enjoys being a Cowboy.

The soft tissue injuries w Mo are damning, they really are. But, gosh, he's really improved the last two seasons. He gets crapped on by a lot of fans, even when he's in. When he's been in the last two seasons, he's been outstanding. I wouldn't overpay for him, only because of those soft-tissue injuries. But if his offer is at or below 6mil/aav, and at or under 4 years, I would hope we matched it.

One person I have forgotten about, inexplicably, in the fray of the start of FA is Brown. You're absolutely right, Idgit, we have him, and I think he can play the outside.

I was pretty salty about taking a RB and an injury case on with the top two picks with 3/4ths of our secondary, plus Wilcox, likely to hit the market last year and Scandrick with both injury and substance history. We'd really be in a bind right now if Brown didn't turn out.

As it is, I think they like Jones and Heath ok heading into the draft. And they seem to like Frasier as S3. We gotta keep one of the CBs, though, or replace them with a similar player. I can't see going into the draft with just Brown and Scandrick and Jones' position flex between us and disaster.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we just can't lose everyone, I'm starting to see a trade down in the draft happening for more picks.

We can't replace this many people with 7 draft picks like everyone thinks. We will need more picks, lucky its a deep draft, but we should and almost have to trade down at this point. I figure we will go cheap with some pickups sometime, but we are getting even lighter in talent on D right now. Some might needed to go, but we still have to have a warm body to replace them.....Man, I gotta get in shape.

Yep. Though they won't all leave. Some will end up testing the market and coming back. Or we'll sign a couple of DB cast offs to hold us over prior the draft. Each year FA starts and it seems like the pool of talent dries up in 2-3 days, but really there are players there for weeks.

We're in a bind at DB, though, no doubt.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to suit up at CB or S for us.

Haha yeah. Honestly, i'm all for just signing Carr and bringing in as many young guys as possible this year on defense and seeing what we have. Save the cap dollars for next year and bring in 2 blue chip players while re-signing our own. That probably means a "rebuild" kind of year on defense though and won't be popular.

There's still a lot of guys out there in FA for secondary. Logan Ryan is decent, Hyde from the Packers, Amukamara, Dre Kirkpatrick. Then you have some safeties in Cyprien, Swearinger, even TJ McDonald is 'capable'.