Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I was pretty salty about taking a RB and an injury case on with the top two picks with 3/4ths of our secondary, plus Wilcox, likely to hit the market last year and Scandrick with both injury and substance history. We'd really be in a bind right now if Brown didn't turn out.

As it is, I think they like Jones and Heath ok heading into the draft. And they seem to like Frasier as S3. We gotta keep one of the CBs, though, or replace them with a similar player. I can't see going into the draft with just Brown and Scandrick and Jones' position flex between us and disaster.

We really do. As you said, I can't fathom that secondary as is, and Jones needs to stay at FS, so it would hurt us further by moving him around.

And I'm hoping that we land Peppers in the draft, and by some miracle he wants to play SS.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Haha yeah. Honestly, i'm all for just signing Carr and bringing in as many young guys as possible this year on defense and seeing what we have. Save the cap dollars for next year and bring in 2 blue chip players while re-signing our own. That probably means a "rebuild" kind of year on defense though and won't be popular.

There's still a lot of guys out there in FA for secondary. Logan Ryan is decent, Hyde from the Packers, Amukamara, Dre Kirkpatrick. Then you have some safeties in Cyprien, Swearinger, even TJ McDonald is 'capable'.

Should be interesting, they are definitely not spending any money right now. I still believe Carr or Mo will be resigned, heck we haven't even heard anything about Carr shopping around. With those 3 back, we could draft someone cause CB is deep in this draft, but I still think we might need a trade down for more picks.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
We really do. As you said, I can't fathom that secondary as is, and Jones needs to stay at FS, so it would hurt us further by moving him around.

And I'm hoping that we land Peppers in the draft, and by some miracle he wants to play SS.

IMO, Peppers is a SS in this league no matter who drafts him. He wants to be a safety anyway, he said that during the combine.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Should be interesting, they are definitely not spending any money right now. I still believe Carr or Mo will be resigned, heck we haven't even heard anything about Carr shopping around. With those 3 back, we could draft someone cause CB is deep in this draft, but I still think we might need a trade down for more picks.

Yeah, just depends who's available my man. I just think there's going to be someone really good at 28.

Honestly, this year i'd double dip. CB/safety/DE and a WR top 4 rounds. Such a deep class for us.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
His stock is dropping, according to Kiper, due to the fact of his position-flex. I think he can be the next Chancellor.

I will dance naked in my backyard if we land him, Freeze!

He is one of the few players I would stay at 28 for, but I'm really thinking we need more picks so trading down just has to be thought about come draft time.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
we need to check the brains of any defensive back that wants to play for us.

If I had two similar offers - I would go somewhere wit a pass rush

Dre11

Reaction score
lol That depends. As terrible as our D was last season, it can always get worse.
Our defense was terrible last season?
We had more sacks then the Giants.
5th in points allowed
#1 vs the run
14th yard per game.
18th 3rd down %

Wouldn't call that terrible. We were average.

RS12

Reaction score
His locker needs to be next to the trainers office to save him a few steps.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Terrell Pryor signs with the Commanders and we let Claiborne walk, we're going to be in big trouble.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
According to Rotoworld.com, the Baltimore Ravens have a "genuine" interest in cornerback Morris Claiborne. Not sure if any visits are on tap, though.