Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not to mention his tweet is disengenious. Most fans seem to be celebrating the loss of our DBs.

Eatman, get a better pulse of the fan base.
You see the same mentality here, complete deflection and creation of a false narrative.

It is not that everyone should be mourning the loss of Carr or Claiborne, but rather that the masterstroke to "improve" was Nolan Carroll.

You know, the Nolan Carroll.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Not to mention his tweet is disengenious. Most fans seem to be celebrating the loss of our DBs.

Eatman, get a better pulse of the fan base.
They should have kept one of them...considering the FO seems bent on not adding anything usefull in FA!! I sure hope they have some kind of a plan going into the season. There are a few holes to fill!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind Eatman normally, but this is stupid. How would this clown know if everything is gonna be fine? Stupid speculation passed off as fact.

Yeah, that struck me as the epitome of arrogance. And ignorance. I know he wasn't calling these guys "jags" when they were on the team, pretty hypocritical to try to diminish them now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I read the last 3 years are not guarantee but the first year is. So basically it is a 1 year contract.

But even that, year 1 is going to be high and there is no doubt dead cap monies if he is released after year 1.

Sydla

Reaction score
Carr's is rumored to be a 4 for 24.

I'm sure we'll get more definitive numbers.

Again, I could be wrong, but I think you are confusing this.

Carr's was reported to be 4 years, $24MM but the way the contract was written it was really just a 2 year, $12MM contract.

I haven't seen any rumors on Claiborne's contract other than he wanted $7.5MM and the Ravens were only willing to pay $5MM.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I don't think that most of the fans bringing his name up are aware. Kudos to you for actually admitting it.
:thumbup:

No worries, can you fill me in on the details?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No worries, can you fill me in on the details?

He's guaranteed $6 million from the Jets, even though they've released him, they're still on the hook for it. Revis gets that if he never plays another down of football. The Jets will get any difference that a new team will pay him due to offset language. If Dallas paid him $4 million, the Jets get that amount, Revis doesn't get any more money.

So that's the bare minimum point any team would have to pay just to get him to think about playing. So, now you're talking about how much over $6 million you'd have to pay the guy to get him to get up off of his couch and go through all the work a football season entails.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I could be wrong, but I think you are confusing this.

Carr's was reported to be 4 years, $24MM but the way the contract was written it was really just a 2 year, $12MM contract.

I haven't seen any rumors on Claiborne's contract other than he wanted $7.5MM and the Ravens were only willing to pay $5MM.

I'm sure we'll get the info soon enough.

dfense

Reaction score
th

4 SALE - Lightly used because often in the shop.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Interesting how the media had Carr to New York and Claiborne to the Ravens. Then they flip flop, same low offer reported by LaCanfora but wrong team.

Sydla

Reaction score
So yeah. I would have brought Claiborne back for that. Little risk contract. We have the space and there's no carry over to 2018.

This front office's approach to the defense this offseason is bizarre. They have literally done nothing to fix any of their biggest issues. They are counting on the draft to fix all their problems.

There isn't a spot on the defensive side of the ball that couldn't use help in the draft other than Lee, but he's an injury risk.