Mo Clay to Baltimore?*** signs with Jets***merged

rambo2

Reaction score
The strongest position in this draft is the cb position.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wow, are defense is going to look different next year.

No problems. We've got Scandrick, Brown and Carroll at corner and Jones, Heath and Frazier at safety. And apparently we can pick up a starting corner and safety with any of our draft picks as well.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Well, at this point it's no panic but this defense has not been improved at this point, but it's still March. I though Mo or Carr would be back, but we headed in a different direction.

Sydla

Reaction score
All signs point to the team being in rebuilding mode, even if it's a quick rebuild folks should probably not strain themselves with hope for next year. You can give me the "you never know" "NFL is year to year" defenses and I'll just sit back and watch it play out with you. We can see what happens together.

8-8 is the best this thing will do, and if the team gets there it'll be the same curse of mediocrity it has been in the past.

So we took a 13-3 team that should have been in the NFC Title game and in one year we have to rebuild it?

LOL. Geezus.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mind boggling that anyone who has followed this team the past 4 years is rueing the loss of Carr and Clai. How many big plays did they combine to contribute over that time? 2? 3? And stop, with this "they were solid corners" nonsense. There are tons of guys left in FA or the draft that can give you as much or more than those two and will likely be younger and cheaper. Balt and NYJ both overpaid for these two stiffs. Those two plus Free and Church all needed to go. I for one am thrilled to see them all of this roster

Claiborne was a talented guy. He was playing like a Top 15 CB before he got hurt.

Granted getting hurt is a problem of his.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Claiborne was a talented guy. He was playing like a Top 15 CB before he got hurt.

Granted getting hurt is a problem of his.

Exactly right.

He's played in 47 out of 80 games.

If the Cowboys gave him a 2 year $12 mil contract this place would have melted down.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
This defense has been decimated this offseason. Mainly the backfield. While none of these players that were lost were great players. They were the best players Dallas could find over the last several seasons. To believe that better or equal replacements will be found between now and next season is wishful thinking.

Ken

Reaction score
All signs point to the team being in rebuilding mode, even if it's a quick rebuild folks should probably not strain themselves with hope for next year. You can give me the "you never know" "NFL is year to year" defenses and I'll just sit back and watch it play out with you. We can see what happens together.

8-8 is the best this thing will do, and if the team gets there it'll be the same curse of mediocrity it has been in the past.
L.o.l

Reactions: CWR

crashintonickdm

Reaction score

Did not win a playoff game

Aven8

Reaction score
While I'm fine with Mo moving on, the overall focus of the offseason is weird. Our strength last year on D was actually the secondary. What does Oscan and Lee think about all of this?? They are getting hosed.

Reactions: CWR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe that letting Mo, Carr, Church, and Wilcox go is a good thing. For many years, I have closely watched our secondary, both in live games and in replays. Compared to other teams, I have not seen one secondary who collectively makes fewer plays on the ball and pass breakups than the Cowboys'.
giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly right.

He's played in 47 out of 80 games.

If the Cowboys gave him a 2 year $12 mil contract this place would have melted down.

Who said anything about 2 years, 12 million? Is that what he got from the Jets?

I'd have paid 5 million for one year though without even blinking.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said anything about 2 years, 12 million? Is that what he got from the Jets?

I'd have paid 5 million for one year though without even blinking.

That's what the early reports are offering... two years... $12 mil.