Mock Lobster

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I know that rankings are going to change when the Combines happen, but I can't stop thinking about the Draft now that it is only 75 days away.

Feel free to judge this Mock as you please.

#27. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 325. I believe this is the Cowboys #1 aim on Draft day. He has potential through the roof. He will not start right away, but could take over soon. A bulldozer who plays with a very real nasty streak.

#59. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'6", 335. We have an Igor, we need a Vladimir. He projects to a future RT and quite simply is one of the more intriguing line prospects in the draft. Dallas wants OL depth and with these top 2 picks they could solidify the Line for years to come.

#91. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 5'10", 185. His primary role is Dallas' biggest need, Kick Returns and Punt Returns. He could develop into a very real deep threat and possible 3rd WR in the long run.

#123. Rafael Priest, CB, TCU, 5'10", 185. His stats don't look amazing, but that is because teams did not throw his direction. There is usually a reason for that. He registered only 18 tackles in 11 games, but he broke up 6 passes. He has 4.4 speed and top instincts. CB depth is always a need.

#187. Robert Johnson, FS, Utah, 6'2", 200.
He is a ball hawk. 6 INTs and 6 Passes Defensed to go along with 70 tackles.

#219. Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 315.
Finish the depth on the OL with a bruising Center who does not allow his man to get to the ball carrier. Plays with attitude and is smart.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That's an interesting draft. Addresses OL, KR, S and maybe WR, too.

All you need to do is add a kicker there, Hos. :D

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I would be fine if our draft ended up looking like that. I believe we will key in on some oline depth, so Iupati and Ducasse would be a great start.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the Priest pick. Don't know much about him, but seems to fit in the category of "stats don't tell the whole story." You think Johnson will last till the 6th round?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I am curious, why did you change your DB and C picks? Why no more love for "Born on Sunday" Owusu-Ansah and John Estes??

neosapien23

Reaction score
Love this draft most of all. But what happens if a quality LT like Baluga, Williams, or Davis falls to the Boys at 27? Would you rather draft them instead of Iupati who is a good quality leader. I think Ducasse could play guard and fill in that need. Even if Free starts at LT next year, it would probably be easier for one of the LTs to move to RT than it would be for Ducasse to make the move to RT in the pros.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BAT;3268847 said:
I am curious, why did you change your DB and C picks? Why no more love for "Born on Sunday" Owusu-Ansah and John Estes??
I don't want to get too repetitive with my picks. I still like them both very much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
neosapien23;3268848 said:
Love this draft most of all. But what happens if a quality LT like Baluga, Williams, or Davis falls to the Boys at 27? Would you rather draft them instead of Iupati who is a good quality leader. I think Ducasse could play guard and fill in that need. Even if Free starts at LT next year, it would probably be easier for one of the LTs to move to RT than it would be for Ducasse to make the move to RT in the pros.
I am not opposed to a LT in the in the 1st. I have also had a 3-4 DE like Odrick in the 1st. I just think Iupati is the Boys #1 target.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Damn you Hos, I started one last night and said to myself, "nah, I'll wait" but everytime you do one I get the itch!

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I like it, but I don't think Iupati will be there at #27, put my boy Pouncey in there instead.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Top to bottom, this thing is just pure awesomeness if it plays out that way. #1 through #3 is my exact wish list.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I don't see the value in rd1 and rd2 with these lineman, however I like the lineman. They look like 2nd and 4rd round picks who have been overhyped somewhat into rds 1 and 2. I feel there are equal lineman later with similar value. This would allow us to use the early round picks (1&2) on a safety and an offensive playmaker. If we do take a OL in rd1 they have to play LT or we don't even make the pick.

Safety should be addressed early in either rd 1 or 2

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;3268873 said:
I am not opposed to a LT in the in the 1st. I have also had a 3-4 DE like Odrick in the 1st. I just think Iupati is the Boys #1 target.

I'm actually starting to think Iupati could fall to the Cowboys at 27.

I think guys who are LT/RT will go before Iupati, and I'm not sure too many teams, even like the 49ers, who need OL help, will spend a Round 1 pick on a guy who will primarily play OG - at least early in his career.

For the Cowboys, this could turn out very well for us because at least we know that in Free we have a quality player who can play OT.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
brooksey1;3268900 said:
I don't see the value in rd1 and rd2 with these lineman, however I like the lineman. They look like 2nd and 4rd round picks who have been overhyped somewhat into rds 1 and 2. I feel there are equal lineman later with similar value. This would allow us to use the early round picks (1&2) on a safety and an offensive playmaker. If we do take a OL in rd1 they have to play LT or we don't even make the pick.

Safety should be addressed early in either rd 1 or 2

You may well be correct. And I vacillate between OL and WR in the first. I disagree about picking an OL in the first. There may be more value there along the interior line than OT.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Just curious -- Who are you prepared to cut to room for these guys?

I assume Procter, McQuistan, Holland, and Hurd are on the list. Who else?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hostile;3268790 said:
I know that rankings are going to change when the Combines happen, but I can't stop thinking about the Draft now that it is only 75 days away.

Feel free to judge this Mock as you please.

#27. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 325. I believe this is the Cowboys #1 aim on Draft day. He has potential through the roof. He will not start right away, but could take over soon. A bulldozer who plays with a very real nasty streak.

#59. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'6", 335. We have an Igor, we need a Vladimir. He projects to a future RT and quite simply is one of the more intriguing line prospects in the draft. Dallas wants OL depth and with these top 2 picks they could solidify the Line for years to come.

#91. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 5'10", 185. His primary role is Dallas' biggest need, Kick Returns and Punt Returns. He could develop into a very real deep threat and possible 3rd WR in the long run.

#123. Rafael Priest, CB, TCU, 5'10", 185. His stats don't look amazing, but that is because teams did not throw his direction. There is usually a reason for that. He registered only 18 tackles in 11 games, but he broke up 6 passes. He has 4.4 speed and top instincts. CB depth is always a need.

#187. Robert Johnson, FS, Utah, 6'2", 200.
He is a ball hawk. 6 INTs and 6 Passes Defensed to go along with 70 tackles.

#219. Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 315.
Finish the depth on the OL with a bruising Center who does not allow his man to get to the ball carrier. Plays with attitude and is smart.

That is a sick draft!! I love it.. My only question or concern is the size of the corner, we have a small frame guy in Ball and there are some durability concerns there. Granted he won't be a starter so maybe that won't be a problem and he can eventually put on another 10 lbs or so. Who knows maybe he can become the next Assante Samuel and play well despite his size. This draft would be A ok with me...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SDogo;3268884 said:
Damn you Hos, I started one last night and said to myself, "nah, I'll wait" but everytime you do one I get the itch!
You gotta scratch itches.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'd take it in a second but I doubt the top 3 picks will be available.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;3268956 said:
You gotta scratch itches.

but be careful, cause if it's a rash, scratching it will spread it.....some anti-itch cream is always an important part of every medicine cabinet....:laugh2: