Mock Lobster

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
Give me Iupati and Gilyard in the first two rounds and I am a happy camper. In other words they wont be there for us.

Reaction score
Hostile;3268790 said:
I know that rankings are going to change when the Combines happen, but I can't stop thinking about the Draft now that it is only 75 days away.

Feel free to judge this Mock as you please.

#27. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 325. I believe this is the Cowboys #1 aim on Draft day. He has potential through the roof. He will not start right away, but could take over soon. A bulldozer who plays with a very real nasty streak.

#59. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'6", 335. We have an Igor, we need a Vladimir. He projects to a future RT and quite simply is one of the more intriguing line prospects in the draft. Dallas wants OL depth and with these top 2 picks they could solidify the Line for years to come.

#91. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 5'10", 185. His primary role is Dallas' biggest need, Kick Returns and Punt Returns. He could develop into a very real deep threat and possible 3rd WR in the long run.

#123. Rafael Priest, CB, TCU, 5'10", 185. His stats don't look amazing, but that is because teams did not throw his direction. There is usually a reason for that. He registered only 18 tackles in 11 games, but he broke up 6 passes. He has 4.4 speed and top instincts. CB depth is always a need.

#187. Robert Johnson, FS, Utah, 6'2", 200.
He is a ball hawk. 6 INTs and 6 Passes Defensed to go along with 70 tackles.

#219. Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 315.
Finish the depth on the OL with a bruising Center who does not allow his man to get to the ball carrier. Plays with attitude and is smart.

We are obviously going to trade down some maybe a 3rd for a 3rd and 4th
3rd Micah Johnson

4.Robert Johnson

4. Boo Robinson DL Wake Forest

6. Myron Rolle

dont like Priest

Trade hurd for 5 and get Chris Cook, Cb, UV, 6'2

RS12

Reaction score
Did not see the Senior Bowl. How did Ducasse look? He was definitely stepping up in the level of competition versus what he face in college.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;3269073 said:
Did not see the Senior Bowl. How did Ducasse look? He was definitely stepping up in the level of competition versus what he face in college.

he made George Selvie his ***** except for one play where he got his feet crossed, and made 2009 SEC sack leader, Antonio Coleman nearly fall on his *** with a punch

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hos mentioned the guy is projected for the right side which I missed at 1st, any chance the guy has enough in him to play the left side?:confused:

We have two solid rt tackles now and a possible 3rd in Brewster...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3269120 said:
Hos mentioned the guy is projected for the right side which I missed at 1st, any chance the guy has enough in him to play the left side?:confused:

We have two solid rt tackles now and a possible 3rd in Brewster...

I think he could play LT

he's very athletic

btw, we could call him Vlad the Impaler! sick

ghst187

Reaction score
like the mock, although i'd like to see someone like cam thomas or jay ross in the later rounds if they last that long. like the cb pick though.
i don't think we'll draft a kicker personally. Possibly bring one in udfa but we just brought in a FA kicker and Stover is also interested in coming here. We could use the draft pick for another need.
also, i think Iupati is there but i think Pouncey is going to be a major target too since he can play G or C which would eliminate Proctor and free a roster spot. Although if a guy like Anthony Davis or Bulaga falls to us we HAVE to take them and then look for a G later. If that happened, I'd expect us to burn up the phones to get into the early second and take Pouncey...which would give us an eventual new starting L side of the OL...and a good one at that.
I think Ford is a realistic pick in the third...dont see gilyard being there. Arenas may be a possibility though. Arenas would be okay in the third because he can pr/kr if we could sneak Freddie Barnes in the 4th. Barnes is my "pet cat".

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hostile;3268872 said:
I don't want to get too repetitive with my picks. I still like them both very much.

Fair enough. I like Cook too, very big and strong, tough as nails. But if Estes is there too, gotta go w/Estes. Estes is just as tough, but faster (Cook's feet are nailed to the ground), smarter and more versatile (would not be a liability if forced to start at OG).

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I love it - three O linemen

and three pretty good ones

and Rafael Priest nice find

never heard of him before today

I still like Nick Polk out of Indiana

Polk has good speed, and his ability to help in the box against the run will make him attactive as a SS or FS to an NFL squad
Polk is a very good athlete, tough, smart, versatile he can play both the safety spots. He is a hitter, he causes turnovers, is fast, quick also he packs a punch.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3269036 said:
We are obviously going to trade down some maybe a 3rd for a 3rd and 4th
3rd Micah Johnson

4.Robert Johnson

4. Boo Robinson DL Wake Forest

6. Myron Rolle

dont like Priest

Trade hurd for 5 and get Chris Cook, Cb, UV, 6'2

I was high on Micah Johnson until I saw him play -

he looked slower than Bradie James - unless he was hurt

unless he turns it up quite a few notches at the combine I don't draft him

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3269354 said:
I was high on Micah Johnson until I saw him play -

he looked slower than Bradie James - unless he was hurt

unless he turns it up quite a few notches at the combine I don't draft him

no, you saw right. I dont see how he can play in this league. He really does make Bradie look fast.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;3268790 said:
I know that rankings are going to change when the Combines happen, but I can't stop thinking about the Draft now that it is only 75 days away.

#27. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 325. I believe this is the Cowboys #1 aim on Draft day. He has potential through the roof. He will not start right away, but could take over soon. A bulldozer who plays with a very real nasty streak.

#59. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'6", 335. We have an Igor, we need a Vladimir. He projects to a future RT and quite simply is one of the more intriguing line prospects in the draft. Dallas wants OL depth and with these top 2 picks they could solidify the Line for years to come.

#91. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson, 5'10", 185. His primary role is Dallas' biggest need, Kick Returns and Punt Returns. He could develop into a very real deep threat and possible 3rd WR in the long run.

#123. Rafael Priest, CB, TCU, 5'10", 185. His stats don't look amazing, but that is because teams did not throw his direction. There is usually a reason for that. He registered only 18 tackles in 11 games, but he broke up 6 passes. He has 4.4 speed and top instincts. CB depth is always a need.

#187. Robert Johnson, FS, Utah, 6'2", 200. He is a ball hawk. 6 INTs and 6 Passes Defensed to go along with 70 tackles.

#219. Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 315. Finish the depth on the OL with a bruising Center who does not allow his man to get to the ball carrier. Plays with attitude and is smart.

I LOVE this draft. It's probably my favorite on these forums thus far. I would be so thrilled if we came away with this for the draft.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love it Hos.

Great mock.

Must of hurt like a son-of-a-gun though not to include a QB or (gulp) a FB. :D

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3268790 said:

Finish the depth on the OL with a bruising Center who does not allow his man to get to the ball carrier. Plays with attitude and is smart.

I'm still trying to understand this whole Robert Johnson thing that came out of nowhere but I'll take it. Just not sure what position he'd play. I'd take Mike Hamlin at either FS or SS before Johnson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;3271613 said:
Love it Hos.

Great mock.

Must of hurt like a son-of-a-gun though not to include a QB or (gulp) a FB. :D
The QB I want should be there as a UDFA. The FB I want is Asaph Schwapp, he is a FA.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Hostile;3268790 said:

I like it.

We just need to avoid disaster drafts and keep the steady influx of young talent coming to complement (and compete with) our stars.
We've been pretty good the past few years (averaging 11 wins), but this window won't stay open forever. Just keep picking guys like Spencer, Felix, Jenkins, Scandrick, Choice, John Phillips, etc.....

802dave

Reaction score
Hostile;3271706 said:
The QB I want should be there as a UDFA. The FB I want is Asaph Schwapp, he is a FA.

As long as he doesn't bring his throwing stars with him...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3271706 said:

I knew you wouldn't disappoint. ;)

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;3271706 said:

Hos, what specifically do you like about Schwapp? He seems to have a good build for a FB, but is there something you've heard regarding him with respect to the Cowboys staff?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;3271930 said:
Hos, what specifically do you like about Schwapp? He seems to have a good build for a FB, but is there something you've heard regarding him with respect to the Cowboys staff?
I always like punishing blocking from a FB. He is 255 pounds and last year he supposedly could really deliver some pop on his blocks.

Decent receiver out of the backfield. Not a horrible runner when you ask him to.

FBs are not stars, but he had one in his luggage. :)