Mollywhopped

jday

Reaction score
I hope you're right. I'd love to see that and it would be the highlight of the year for me.
:thumbup:
I mean, but isn't this this exact type of game where the Cowboys do that? Am I wrong?

We've all seen it happen now countless times...it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
For a couple of days now, I've had this feeling. This morning that feeling has only gotten stronger. I realize I could be wrong...should be wrong. No sane man would place a significant wager in this direction, that's for sure.

Not only do I think the six and four Dallas Cowboys will cover the spread against the nine and one Patriots; not only do I suspect the Cowboys will win; I believe the Cowboys are going to Mollywhop the Patriots...embarrass them in their own house against factually the greatest NFL coach in the history of NFL for the first time in over 14 contest at Foxboro Stadium.

And just so the wheels don't fall off on this discussion, let me quickly point out that I'm not saying this is a turning-point...though it could be. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl. Heck, I'm not even certain they'll make the playoffs. This roller-coaster ride could go in alot of different directions and speaking from long and vast experience, I do not have high hopes for the rest of the season.

But...

On this Sunday, the Cowboys will prevail and they will do so convincingly.

Dallas Cowboys - 38

Patriots - 17
jday... I stated this waaaay back like week 1 maybe 2 some where on a post here when the topic came up. I also get that same gut reaction when I watch those grand football genus's calling the remainder of our season, and plant an L on the Pat's game. I said it then, I'll say it now, boys walk away with a W in NE...sadly I wont be watching it, I fear my duties to bag a deer will take precedence!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, but isn't this this exact type of game where the Cowboys do that? Am I wrong?

We've all seen it happen now countless times...it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

You're right in that they have had surprising wins before. I remember last year when I expected them to get put down like a dog against the Eagles only to see them pull off a string of wins. But in a season where I've seen them lose to the Jets during a three game skid, and play it far too close with the Giants and Lions, my expectations have been lowered.

I'll be surprised if they can beat Belichick, Brady, and these Patriots. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

visionary

Reaction score
For a couple of days now, I've had this feeling. This morning that feeling has only gotten stronger. I realize I could be wrong...should be wrong. No sane man would place a significant wager in this direction, that's for sure.

Not only do I think the six and four Dallas Cowboys will cover the spread against the nine and one Patriots; not only do I suspect the Cowboys will win; I believe the Cowboys are going to Mollywhop the Patriots...embarrass them in their own house against factually the greatest NFL coach in the history of NFL for the first time in over 14 contest at Foxboro Stadium.

And just so the wheels don't fall off on this discussion, let me quickly point out that I'm not saying this is a turning-point...though it could be. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl. Heck, I'm not even certain they'll make the playoffs. This roller-coaster ride could go in alot of different directions and speaking from long and vast experience, I do not have high hopes for the rest of the season.

But...

Dallas Cowboys - 38

Patriots - 17

just going by the short length of your post I know that you are not feeling confident at all

having said this, bottom line is that no matter the outcome of this game this is not a turning point of any sort. It will just ensure continued mediocrity for this franchise while NE will go to its 10th SB and we will either not make the playoffs or get bounced in rd 1

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But...

Dallas Cowboys - 38

Patriots - 17
I'm gonna need a special meal for this one!!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhh you read my stuff. Jk

Don't ask me where I wrote it, but I wrote it.:flagwave:

jday

Reaction score
I love the confidence in this thread. I really do, but the reality of Garrett is always a lingering liability.

Go Cowboys.
This thread in no way circumvents that.

But that has been a trait of the Garrett-ran Cowboys. When everyone is betting against them, they play like they are capable. It happens just about every year.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm, but I'm seeing that scenario play out.

If we get off to another slow start, Belichick and Brady will make us pay dearly.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
You're right in that they have had surprising wins before. I remember last year when I expected them to get put down like a dog against the Eagles only to see them pull off a string of wins. But in a season where I've seen them lose to the Jets during a three game skid, and play it far too close with the Giants and Lions, my expectations have been lowered.

I'll be surprised if they can beat Belichick, Brady, and these Patriots. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

That's one way of looking at it. I'm not saying your wrong to think that way at all. But when you turn that thinking on it's head, you get a equally viable possibility:

Dak is playing out of his mind right now. And I don't see that changing anytime soon. I think that meeting last week probably in some way or another addressed that and acknowledged that the coaches need to get the hell out of the way and let Dak do Dak. If that means Zeke is in no way featured and doesn't get his snap count, so be it. Similar to 2016 they are going to ride the Dak train as far as it will take them.

And if they do, this season could turn special quick, fast and in a hurry. :thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's one way of looking at it. I'm not saying your wrong to think that way at all. But when you turn that thinking on it's head, you get a equally viable possibility:

Dak is playing out of his mind right now. And I don't see that changing anytime soon. I think that meeting last week probably in some way or another addressed that and acknowledged that the coaches need to get the hell out of the way and let Dak do Dak. If that means Zeke is in no way featured and doesn't get his snap count, so be it. Similar to 2016 they are going to ride the Dak train as far as it will take them.

And if they do, this season could turn special quick, fast and in a hurry. :thumbup:

Very good points, and I hope that's truly the way things have shifted. I was encouraged that they seemed to learn their lesson against the Vikings (albeit a few plays too late) not to force the run when it isn't working and the pass is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

But...

Dallas Cowboys - 38

Patriots - 17

The weird thing is that absolutely could happen with this team or it could be completely blown out. That's why I don't think we're going anywhere even if we make the playoffs. We don't have any consistency. We dominated the Eagles, who played New England down to the wire. Yet, we can lose to a team like the Jets or fall behind the Packers so badly that there's little to no chance of catching up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Yes and it's because they usually play up to their abilities in these types of games. It does highlight a coaching issue there but we all know that. Go Cowboys!

jday

Reaction score
38 points on Belichick's defense in New england in late november a week after the team struggled and probably is having a very tough week of physical and mental practice.

I would say you are chasing rainbows.
Me too. :grin: