Monday Night Football: Falcons at Eagles

Nav22

Reaction score
I knew that. Odds on a fumble are close to 100 to 1.
Odds of dropping a wide open pass in the flats is quite low too.

Difference is if Barkley makes that catch, the game is 100% over.

If you run and get stuffed, you're giving the Falcons about 1:00 to score a TD down by 6 points.

Hindsight's 20/20.

If the Eagles ran the ball, got stuffed, and the Falcons won by scoring in 1:00, the Eagles would be criticized for being too conservative and not trying to ice the game with a 1st down.

Kellen Moore can only call the plays. He shouldn't be blamed because the RB dropped the easiest pass he'll ever see.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We don't fall behind the Eagles.
One story says the Eagles were outcoached.
Hip, hip, hurray!
Hip, hip, hurray!

GINeric

Reaction score
You don't call a pass in that situation, Moore is an idiot expecially when they were stuffing the ball down the Falcons throat.

This is the PRIME example why Kellen Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL.

This is what he do!!!! You can average 5, 6, 7 yards a clip running the ball. This idiot Moore will call pass plays 9n 3rd and 2 or 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line. If your running game can't be stopped and average 5, 6, 7 yards a pop..... and it's less than 2 or 3 yards to go..... well you do the math.

Kellen Moore is absolutely GARBAGE as an offensive coordinator and his football IQ is absolute trash. He has no in-game awareness or situational play calling skills.

Moore is not intelligent enough to coach at this level. He's a junior college level coordinator at best.

GINeric

Reaction score
The only reason McCarthy has got this far is BECAUSE KM got McCarthy 12 wins with half witted QB......
McCarthy coached a team to a Superbowl victory. Kellen Moore is too dumb to even think about accomplishing anything close to that. KM is complete trash as a coordinator.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Eagles screwed the pooch. They just needed one more first down to clinch the win and failed. Then the Eagles D served up the victory to the Falcons on a silver platter. That Jalen Hurt INT to seal the loss for the Eagles was delicious. :muttley:

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The Falcons had a less than 1% chance to win that game with under two minutes to go according to the win probability stat.
How useful is that stat? Isn’t it common sense that if you are behind in your own territory with little time, your chances are low?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does the division suck? Are you an adult? You post like a bratty child.
1) Our division will suck if our rivals lose every game like you champion. Winning a sucky division has proven to be not good for us going into playoffs.
2) Yes, although my wife has her doubts too.
3) I noticed you didn't lecture Nav22 for the name calling, in regards to "posting like a child"
4) Telling others "you post like a bratty child" is actually quite bratty childish unto itself.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, they are as good as the other teams in the NFC.
They are indeed.

But I made my point in the post above. It's great to root for division rivals losses. I do it.

But we also have ot have some caution as we win a week division has proven to be disastrous when we face tough playoff teams.

stinkface

Reaction score
Was a fun game to watch. I was surprised but not shocked with the play call. Was a great throw and and easy catch for Saquan, he just dropped it. Even after that Philly should have played better defense. Horrible defense by Philly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The D did not have an opportunity to stop them? Hurtz did not have an opportunity to get them in FG range? Dumb coach choose not to kick the FG early in the game.

Barkley lost the game all by himself. Ok.
There's always chaos theory as different events cascade to random results. But they are NOT all precisely equal. They are called key or critical moments. Often later in the game they become more critical. Like Jackie Smith, for example. Again, a LOT of people make a LOT of money showcasing this very thing...Al Michaels for example in his weekly recap.

Could the coaches be to blame for play calling? Absolutely! But obviously critical is Barkley dropping a very easy 1st down/possible TD pass.

You thunk that was nothing, eh? mkay.

The problem here, 6...is you are being stubbornly inflexible. I'm willing to concede certain points of yours and you put up a brick wall on obvious factual points I have made. Strange...but oh well.

It's risky making things black and white. It usually never is. Irrational, even. But I am sure you have some other motive other than being rational.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was a fun game to watch. I was surprised but not shocked with the play call. Was a great throw and and easy catch for Saquan, he just dropped it. Even after that Philly should have played better defense. Horrible defense by Philly.
It was quite shocking watching them rip off huge chunks and putting it in the endzone.

It was a crushing loss for Philly...but I still say if you are gonna lose (you are) then fight until the end. A fun game if you aren't philly!

Making it a GAME LONG loss all the way through like we like to do is...well... NOT fun. :)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This is the PRIME example why Kellen Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL.

This is what he do!!!! You can average 5, 6, 7 yards a clip running the ball. This idiot Moore will call pass plays 9n 3rd and 2 or 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line. If your running game can't be stopped and average 5, 6, 7 yards a pop..... and it's less than 2 or 3 yards to go..... well you do the math.

Kellen Moore is absolutely GARBAGE as an offensive coordinator and his football IQ is absolute trash. He has no in-game awareness or situational play calling skills.

Moore is not intelligent enough to coach at this level. He's a junior college level coordinator at best.
:hammer:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Wow, the mighty Eagles who a lot of folks on this board have already conceded the division crown to, actually lost...............at home............to the Falcons and Kirk Cousins.

Baaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
They lost because of a fluke pass and drop, not because they were playing bad. They were playing pretty competently up until then.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
"Run the clock down"? You mean burn 40 seconds?

Guess you didn't notice that the Falcons marched right down the field and took their final snap with :38 left.

Oops! So much for pretending they surely wouldn't have had time to score.
This is why boy wonder is an idiot. You don't pass in that situation. This is classic Moore how he screws up games in the end.

4th&3: Hurts run for 23 = 1st
3rd&2: Hurts run for 12 = 1st
2nd&1: Barkley run for 5 = 1st
4th&1: Hurts run for 3 = 1st
2nd&1: Hurts run for 2 = 1st
1st&1: Hurts run for 1 =TD 3rd&1:
Hurts run for 1 = 1st

RonWashington

Reaction score
How impressive do they look now?

you should not be allowed to post during games .

yet he still makes a game winning drive.

Who? Only joke is you riding all over the Eagles tonight.

why because of the game winning drive?

Exactly why yall don’t know much about football!!!

Wow a real genius troll on board who knew

:huh: