Moore and the Hot Garbage Dak Offense

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good luck today..

After yesterday this forum has talked themselves into thinking Dak is Patrick Mahomes.

Last night was the best game of the year for Dak.
Dalton stands in the pocket and gets drilled better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Andy Dalton had thrown a TOTAL of 3 passes off play-action this whole season, including last night, while Dak in five games has thrown over 63. I don’t even remember a single pass off play-action and I’m going to expect a lot of Dak-stans to argue that we were behind, while Moore has never ignored it at to start games.

So not only did “Boy Wonder” completely abandon the run with this hot-garbage OL that lost Zach Martin, he made it made life even more easy in the One-Read “Dak-friendly” offense to tee off with their aggressive DB play (also clear evidence that this league is a complete joke as far as statistics go) by abandoning the deception of the play-calling that has become a staple of this offense with the Mediocre scrub at QB that is resting on his couch right now.

The loveliest part about this hot mess is pass happy Moore last night started off the play calling pass happy with an 8-5 pass-run ratio and I didn’t even watch the game until Zeke’s second fumble. And instead of sticking to the run, they benched Zeke.

In the Giants game after the garbage that is Dak threw a pick 6 returned for a TD and went three and out the next drive, allowing for a 17-3 lead, Moore actually RAN THE BALL with Zeke NINE TIMES on one series, and had Dak pass a whopping two times, and ran an additional two times, meaning a total of ELEVEN, once with Dak and once with Pollard for the first TD of the game. So this excuse they needed to abandon the run, especially in last nights scenario when the Dallas WRs saw something they never did before, which is the opposing team was going to play extremely physically while bringing the house against this scrub OL, is HOF garbagd and further, the fact Moore didn’t even use play-action more than ONCE last night in an offense that uses it at least a third of their passing attempts is even more comical.

Zeke wishing right now Linehan was still here. Can’t even use him consistently anymore to the point he’s become a decoy and when he does touch the ball, he forgets how to hold onto it. Maybe he needs to stop partying with Dak “the leader” in the off-season and getting smashed.

go back to my content for the last 3 weeks on posts searched KM Kellen Moore is and has been the issue with this shift to pass happy stat padding offense and cant figure out how to call a run game to save his life..no balance..

but i digress this is Turnover mistake prone offense with or without dak and thats what killings the season

ooks to me my narrative is correct,
84 points came of Turnovers let that sink in... Tos and penalty's have made the defense look far worse then it is..period end of story they hand the game to the opponent in the first qtr. of nearly every game, seriously 14-17 PAG given to the opponent..

thats the issue..end of story

our defense may be bad but they aren't nearly as bad as the PPG make it appear..its not just points its momentum more possessions to cover for the defense and the Cork popped off the turnover genie bottle..

the entire premise to blame the defense as our issue when 84 of the points have come off turnovers, tons of short fields and extra possessions defensed its the primary issue..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did not play.
Quit bringing him up as part of an excuse for the woes of this team.

Moore not calling play action is one thing...andy dalton standing there like a statue is another thing. And there were times even if he was the most mobile QB in the NFL the Oline was completely missing blocks and the cards were sending Baker in with a good play call.

What is clear is that with the play calling issues, the oline issues, the fumbling issues from zeke...there were problems before Dalton took over and as many mistakes (turn overs) as Dak did have, at this point he was superiior to Dalton even if it was just due to being mobile and having the threat of running when plays broke down or as an option play the D had to worry about.

So quit trying to include Dak into your troll threads. Some of you wanted Dalton playing over Dak and you will now have to deal with that...both the good( if it becomes good) and the Bad, which is much worse than Dak so far.

blueblood70

Reaction score
84 points came of Turnovers let that sink in... Tos and penalty's have made the defense look far worse then it is..period end of story they hand the game to the opponent in the first qtr. of nearly every game, seriously 14-17 PAG given to the opponent..

our defense may be bad but they aren't nearly as bad as the PPG make it appear..its not just points its momentum more possessions to cover for the defense and the Cork popped off the turnover genie bottle..

the entire premise to blame the defense as our issue when 84 of the points have come off turnovers, tons of short fields and extra possessions defensed its the primary issue..

khiladi

Reaction score
Well.. A lot of football people said this as well. Sorry I didn't take into account Zeke sabotaging the game.

Even the Cowboys were confident with him as their QB.

Dalton was about our 4th or 5th problem.

Only Dak-stans who have been defending this mediocre joke for FIVE years in an offense built on hiding his weaknesses that reveal themselves every Sunday outside of garbage time, would harp on one game of Dalton, who even lost his best OL in Zach Martin as some proof of Dak’s greatness, the weak after he threw a pick 6 allowing the Giants to take a 17-3 lead, for Moore to them bail out Dak, by running it 11 times in the next series for a TD.

Dak wasn’t even in the list of mediocre OL this year in terms of TTT, meaning time to throw in a passing offense that relies on longer routes. Andy had zero time last night.

In football, structure and rhythm is everything. In 2019, 23 NFL teams averaged positive expected points added per play when their quarterbacks were able to throw to the first read. After being forced off the first read, only 14 teams averaged positive expected points per play, and almost every team was worse when the quarterback was forced to progress beyond his initial look.

Dak is among those 23 system QBs that can’t throw outside his first read.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mmmm.. Sorry.. I should've just said Dak has had game changing fumbles this year like Zeke when hit.

Dalton is achieving the same rate of Turn Overs as Dak. Heck he should have had more but some of them were drops by the D. Whether he fumbles or not, he is still causing turn overs.
So let's not even use that as an excuse for Andy to slam Dak.

CapnB

Reaction score
Hard to play action when the line in front of you allows 1.7 seconds to throw. Thats hard to do with just a regular pass play not alone play action.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only Dak-stans who have been defending this mediocre joke for FIVE years in an offense built on hiding his weaknesses that reveal themselves every Sunday outside of garbage time, would harp on one game of Dalton, who even lost their best OL,

Dak wasn’t even in the list of mediocre OL this year in terms of TTT, meaning time to throw in a passing offense that relies on longer routes. Andy had zero time last night.

The only thing that disappointed me with Dalton was the lack of empty calorie stats when we were getting smashed because most decent NFL QB's do that. I know people on this forum think Dak is a super hero because of it but I look around the league and see teams that were down 3 scores in the first half in a nail biter at the end all the time.

Just this past weekend Philly did that exact thing to Baltimore.

Texans almost came back on the Titans.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Again... They threw ONE play action pass. They abandoned Zeke in the second quarter the exact same time they went Zeke-heavy the last Giants game when Dak was throwing pick-6s and the Cowboys were losing 17-3.

The very next drive they benched Zeke for Pollard, Andy threw it SEVEN times and Pollard touched it four times. Where was the PLAY-ACTION to take deep shots? They can’t throw off of play-action with Pollard in an offense that is built off play-action for Dak? Dak and the ‘deep threat he is’ is complete garbage without the play-action.

You are completely wrong..
how can you play action when it literally took about 1.4 seconds for the Zona boyz to get into our back field? Our OL is so beaten up right now that we need our backs blocking to save our QB from getting killed. Yesterday was not a game to blame the play calling unfortunately

rangers71

Reaction score
Again... They threw ONE play action pass. They abandoned Zeke in the second quarter the exact same time they went Zeke-heavy the last Giants game when Dak was throwing pick-6s and the Cowboys were losing 17-3.

The very next drive they benched Zeke for Pollard, Andy threw it SEVEN times and Pollard touched it four times. Where was the PLAY-ACTION to take deep shots? They can’t throw off of play-action with Pollard in an offense that is built off play-action for Dak? Dak and the ‘deep threat he is’ is complete garbage without the play-action.

You are completely wrong..

This is the dumbest take I have ever read on these boards.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dalton is achieving the same rate of Turn Overs as Dak. Heck he should have had more but some of them were drops by the D. Whether he fumbles or not, he is still causing turn overs.

Yes and Dak has had several INT's dropped this year. The Browns game there were like 3 opportunities.

I was replying to the poster telling me that Dak gets drilled better. I'm not excusing Dalton. He was terrible but he's not the type of QB that's going to overcome the chaos the "star players" on the team provided early.

khiladi

Reaction score
The only thing that disappointed me with Dalton was the lack of empty calorie stats when we were getting smashed because most decent NFL QB's do that. I know people on this forum think Dak is a super hero because of it but I look around the league and see teams that were down 3 scores in the first half in a nail biter at the end.

Just this past weekend Philly did that exact thing to Baltimore.

Texans almost came back on the Titans.

It’s week ONE of Dalton’s start.

And to point out, Dak was again TOP 4 in BiGGEST drop offs from first to second reads for 2019, with a QB rating drop off of 29.8 and he went from 83.9 to 54.1. Goff was number 1 again in 2019.

Guy is like every other mediocre QB out there. He’s a one read QB, whose success is built off play-action period. He can’t get it done and he’s had five years that demonstrate it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

THIS appears to be MM biggest gripe per twitter. Not hard to see he's fed up with it and rightfully so. In his 9 years with the Packs, his D finished in the top 10 in turnover ratio either 7 or 8 years.

khiladi

Reaction score

Dak has five years in this offense and has been getting hundreds of reps daily and “built a football field” and practices with his teammates in the off-season, so I’ve heard.. Andy has an excuse, Dak doesn’t.

blueblood70

Reaction score
THIS appears to be MM biggest gripe per twitter. Not hard to see he's fed up with it and rightfully so. In his 9 years with the Packs, his D finished in the top 10 in turnover ratio either 7 or 8 years.
the offense is the part so the defense doesnt get a lot but when you lead the league in TOs on offense to toon of 84 points , thats the largest issue we have right now..

big penalty's putting a team behind the chains also an issue on offense..