Moore compounded the Nooch problem

Sydla

Reaction score
it was 4th and two chain links.....not one yard.

the only play there is the sneak. Biadaz got blownup and dinucci just dove into his back with his head down. It was terrible all around.

That's my point. A sneak is an easier play. Handing the ball off deep opens the possibillty that a crashing DT gets into the backfield.

waving monkey

Reaction score
There's a time and place to get "creative". That wasn't the spot. And at the end of the day, what happened? The play failed and we cost ourselves field position and a FG. Further, we tried to run the play earlier in the game and Philly was completely not buying it. So why did we think it would suddenly work the 2nd time, running basically the exact same play?
plays fail often it happens

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. Listen, Nooch is pretty terrible but it is no excuse for the offensive coordinator to roll in with literally zero game plan. Typically when you are starting a QB that #1 does not know the playbook and #2 is not accurate in the slightest, as a coach you simply must come up with ways to get easy yards. No one here expected us to drop a 40 piece on Philly, but I think it was reasonable enough for us to expect to move the ball better than we did. What you do to help a limited QB is run bootlegs, lean on the run game, screens, etc. Moore did these things at times and wouldn't you know... WE MOVED THE BALL. However whenever we started to find success, Moore would inexplicably call an absolute boneheaded trick play or drop back slow developing pass that would totally kill momentum and drives.

What I find so disturbing is that this has been a reoccurring theme for the Dallas Cowboys the last decade. I cannot remember the last time that we had a coach that was able to get a little more than what was expected out of players. Whenever we lose even a single player at a key position like QB, LT, LB, etc the team absolutely falls apart. You look around the league and plenty of coaches maximize their players skills. If Lamar Jackson landed with the Dallas Cowboys he would already have been written off and out of the league. Harbaugh designed the offense to get the most out of Jackson's skill set. The Dallas Cowboys coaching staff could never manage to pull this off. We would be dropping him back like Tom Brady and let him get ripped up.

I think it is time to take the clipboard away from Moore. He simply has proven time and time again that he has no game awareness and has killed countless drives with inexplicably bizarre calls given the context of the situation. Just my two cents and I would love to hear some other opinions, but our inability to adjust and find at least a little success when one of our starters goes down is absolutely unacceptable.

Can we please stop with this nonsense around Lamar Jackson?

Lamar Jackson won a damn Heisman at Louisville in an entirely different offense with terrible talent around him. The minute Lamar leaves that Louisville team falls completely apart and that offense (that Lamar produced a Heisman in) is terrible.

Lamar then goes to Roman, wins the MVP, on a team that prior to Lamar had a bottom 5 rushing attack and bottom 10 passing offense.

You guys often said the same about Dak...how if Dak went anywhere else he too would be out of the league.

Just stop.. If Lamar Jackson was in Dallas, our offense would be completely unstoppable and look very much how it looked like when Dak was playing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. But I suspect you had a better shot of scoring a TD running and working play action than running a reverse that Philly had sniffed out easily TWICE before in the game.
I’m not arguing that play call wasn’t questionable. I’m arguing the overall creative juices were innovative without a viable starting QB.

And I’d describe best coaching job all season keeping it a close game which most expected to be terrible embarrassments on Sun night.

I thought Al and Chris said it best. Cowboys are like half a team without a NFL QB,

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I kind of liked the bag of tricks. Tried to protect Ben by confusing the defense and mixing up looks probably realizing he wasn't going to do it on his own.

However, where we failed was having him throw the ball 40 times. That's a lot to ask a 7th round rookie. Pollard was running well, should have tried to get him another 8-10 touches.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I kind of liked the bag of tricks. Tried to protect Ben by confusing the defense and mixing up looks probably realizing he wasn't going to do it on his own.

However, where we failed was having him throw the ball 40 times. That's a lot to ask a 7th round rookie. Pollard was running well, should have tried to get him another 8-10 touches.
Yep , it was a miracle no pick 6’s. He has no business throwing it downfield in traffic .

Creeper

Reaction score
I think all the gadget plays early in the game hurt Dinucci. How does he get into a rhythm when they are running wildcat and all kinds of other gadget plays. They should have given him the opportunity to drop back and throw short and intermediate passes. Let him hit a few and get into a good rhythm mixing in some runs. But yes, that reverse or whatever it was was a stupid momentum busting play call. For some reason Dallas can't run plays like that successfully. The same is true with screens, and bubble screens. They must have thrown 5 or 6 of them tonight and I don't recall 1 going for more than a yard or 2.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Moore has zero experience as an off coordinator but Jerry is letting him learn on the job like Garrett did. Moore is just a former player Jerry likes, the only real credentials the Jerry cares about.
Kellen's old man was a championship high school coach, so moore feels entitled.
In manchester, he'd be a laird or earl.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Doubt that, but ok.
Peyton Manning posted a passer rating of 0 back in '15 against the Chiefs. He was benched in the 3rd quarter.

He had 5 completions on 20 attempts and 4 interceptions.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ty Detmer once threw 7 interceptions in one game.
Can't say I knew that.

However......I saw things I've never witnessed before in the NFL from the QB. It's far beyond interceptions.

And I completely understand Ben's situation.

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't say I knew that.

However......I saw things I've never witnessed before in the NFL from the QB. It's far beyond interceptions.

And I completely understand Ben's situation.

I'll be honest. I was kind of digging all the side arm throws. LOL.

Seven

Reaction score
Peyton Manning posted a passer rating of 0 back in '15 against the Chiefs. He was benched in the 3rd quarter.

He had 5 completions on 20 attempts and 4 interceptions.
What I witnessed was beyond stats.

It would've helped had Dinucci been benched, IMO.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
What I witnessed was beyond stats.

It would've helped had Dinucci been benched, IMO.
I definitely won't deny that it wasn't bad, but I think we'd be foolish fans to expect anything better especially with the given circumstances.

Seven

Reaction score
I definitely won't deny that it wasn't bad, but I think we'd be foolish fans to expect anything better especially with the given circumstances.
Understand his plight. Actually, honestly feel for the dude.

That's gotta be beyond tough. Man.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I actually liked the trick plays. 1/4th of them worked decently well. Those trick plays seemed to catch the Eagles off guard. We simply didn't execute them well enough.