Moore installing Pro Bowl offense

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I might be in the minority here, but I’m kinda interested in seeing what he’s got up his sleeve. There seems to be a lot of support for him, and he may have a bright future and some incredible ideas that he wasn’t able to use because of Linehan.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't think there are many who think Moore will be like Linehan, I don't. Aside from no coaching experience, my main concern is will he be allowed to really alter the offense under Garrett and his scheme? If he can't add in motion and misdirections, then the offense will remain stagnant and futile.

If Moore is able to implement his own ideas and concepts, then I can get behind him and see what happens.
I am still hesitant to hope for any drastic offensive change as long as Garrett is around :thumbdown:

Garrett would have to admit his way of doing things has been deficient, and that would definitely surprise me.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ok I'm convinced
Let's fire Garrett and make Moore HC

In fact make him HC and GM

You know, I'm not big on risking our offense to Kellen Moore, but if you make "firing Garrett" part of the deal,

welllll, let's say you've got my attention!! :grin::grin:

Paradox

Reaction score
I was on the fence about this guy as a coach, so I read up on him. He's on good terms with Linehan, but he's nothing like him. And he's been preparing for this role his whole life, of course he's excited! The next phase of his dream is about to come true.

After reading so many judgmental posts from people who know little about him, I've decided to become a Kellen Moore fan. I look forward to being in the minority on this one. I hope he becomes legendary as our OC and proves you all wrong!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Seems like a tell that of our inhouse guys not named Garrett, Moore is the leading candidate for OC.
I hope they *really* give it to Moore. Most likely guy we have to install a more college type offense that plays to our strengths.
If Garrett maintains control, it will be the same old same old.

I'll take zero experience if it gets us a more appropriate scheme.
All hail Boy Genius 2!

Truthfully, I can't imagine Garrett giving up that control. I don't believe there's any chance in hades that Garrett would let an inexperienced Moore just walk in, totally blow up all Garretts schemes, take over play calling, and JG just sit back and watch.
A lot of us would love to see new schemes and play calling, but that would mean throwing out Garrett's schemes and play book.

If those new schemes worked, that would mean Garrett's schemes stunk.
There's no way Garrett would risk being embarrassed by an inexperienced beginner.
If he gets the job, he'll have to do it Garrett's way.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Truthfully, I can't imagine Garrett giving up that control. I don't believe there's any chance in hades that Garrett would let an inexperienced Moore just walk in, totally blow up all Garretts schemes, take over play calling, and JG just sit back and watch.
A lot of us would love to see new schemes and play calling, but that would mean throwing out Garrett's schemes and play book.

If those new schemes worked, that would mean Garrett's schemes stunk.
There's no way Garrett would risk being embarrassed by an inexperienced beginner.
If he gets the job, he'll have to do it Garrett's way.

Probably right.

I'll hope, but I won't be surprised if it's the same look, same philosophy next year.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well let's hope if he becomes OC, he's installing his own offense. That the playbook has already been submitted and that's why they are calling him genius. If they are calling him genius and he's calling Jason Garetts offense we're dead.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Jerry after the game:

"The first opportunity Moore was given to develop an offense and it was a Pro Bowl caliber offense"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Isnt this the game where the DEs dont even rush the passer anymore?

Yea, excellent game to judge how good an OC is.:facepalm:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I guess the league figures if they get enough cowboys players there on the pro bowl team it will make more people watch the game