Moore installing Pro Bowl offense

Valkyr

Reaction score
He's excited about the opportunity.

DxnzCAeX4AAPyo1.jpg
An OC in training who needs a training bra

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What if Moore is good? Was Linnehan the real issue? Moore looks goofy and was a terrible QB but who knows at this point. Dak seems to like working with him?

What if he sucks? People seem to like working with Garrett. How did that turn out?

For me, Moore represents an unwillingness to make the big changes we need to take the next step. Which is less Garrett and the Garrett conservative, boring offense to be replaced. Even if Moore is great, that change away from Garrett having command of the offense will be a much slower process. Windows aren't open for long these days. We going to burn another year as Moore slowly learns on the job? How many years we will have to endure that until we find out?

Are we saying he is the ONLY bright young kid in NFL circles? How has Jones been so far in picking coaches and up and comers? Who from the Garrett tree has gone onto to have ANY kind of success anywhere?

Moore has been a backup QB ALL 5 YEARS in the NFL behind Linehan. ONLY linehan!!!!

Has he been studying OTHER offenses around the NFL in his spare time while he learned the offenses he was the backup QB to? Linehans offense?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So, in the absence of an offensive coordinator, it makes sense that the head coach would have one of the offensive coaches do that, particularly if one is being considered for some greater role than as a position coach.

Seems like a tell that of our inhouse guys not named Garrett, Moore is the leading candidate for OC.

I hope they *really* give it to Moore. Most likely guy we have to install a more college type offense that plays to our strengths. If Garrett maintains control, it will be the same old same old.

I'll take zero experience if it gets us a more appropriate scheme.

All hail Boy Genius 2!

_sturt_

Reaction score
I think they're writing about Moore because they need something to write about, and for now, he's all there is to write about.

You can only write once about someone who's rumored to be connected to the Cowboys. After that, you begin losing credibility because you appear to be pushing a rumor rather than talking about facts (... unless, of course, you're Nick Eatman and the topic is Earl Thomas... hehe).

All we know for now is that Moore is getting a promotion of some kind, but logic leads to the conclusion he's not going to be "the" coordinator or he'd already be the coordinator.

Hence, the expectation that there's another shoe yet to drop, but that will wait until everyone gets back from their Pro Bowl and Senior Bowl excursions, and as someone suggested, possibly even until after the Super Bowl since the NFL prefers to have everyone focusing on the pinnacle event for that week.

stiletto

Reaction score
What if he sucks? People seem to like working with Garrett. How did that turn out?

For me, Moore represents an unwillingness to make the big changes we need to take the next step. Which is less Garrett and the Garrett conservative, boring offense to be replaced. Even if Moore is great, that change away from Garrett having command of the offense will be a much slower process. Windows aren't open for long these days. We going to burn another year as Moore slowly learns on the job? How many years we will have to endure that until we find out?

Are we saying he is the ONLY bright young kid in NFL circles? How has Jones been so far in picking coaches and up and comers? Who from the Garrett tree has gone onto to have ANY kind of success anywhere?

Moore has been a backup QB ALL 5 YEARS in the NFL behind Linehan. ONLY linehan!!!!

Has he been studying OTHER offenses around the NFL in his spare time while he learned the offenses he was the backup QB to? Linehans offense?

Yeah he sucks until proven otherwise, no doubt.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Lets pump the brakes a little here. He's still running Garretts scheme

We are sheep. it was just a week ago and nobody thought he would be an OC and now we are acting like he is the second coming. I'm not saying he stinks but it's interesting how fast some people flip to assume he will be a great OC.

9of11

Reaction score
Sounds to me with all these people going for OC within the organization that Jerry is going to pull OC by committee...It all points to this. Nuss-man, Moore-man, Garrett-man calling plays....this will be another committee that will fail like the receivers by committee did....another wasted year spend on experiments....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds to me with all these people going for OC within the organization that Jerry is going to pull OC by committee...It all points to this. Nuss-man, Moore-man, Garrett-man calling plays....this will be another committee that will fail like the receivers by committee did....another wasted year spend on experiments....
Game plans always come with some input from others besides the OC, but only one person can call plays.

Last edited: