Moore vs The Master

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Moore was the OC when the Cowboys went to Foxborough in 2019.. What is wrong with you people's memories! too much LDS in the 70's?

yes .. i was like "was I drinking that heavy and just imagined the driving rain at Foxsboro???"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I don't think he would have been released had Belichick felt he could make that rag tag bunch a contender.. He had seen how much the defense had to carry Brady in 2019.. and really on the Super Bowl run in 2018.. Tampa's line is much better and the receivers are light years better. I just think both sides eventually came to believe that moving on was the best path for both.
I think it was written that Brady would retire or move on after Belichick was over-ridden by Kraft and got Brady to take the deal to stay and he had to trade Garoppolo.

Belichick has a different mind about talent, he looks at it as what it can do for him on the field and in a trade like he did with Collins and Jones. He would have rather traded Brady to the Niners for a bag of picks and Brady gets to go to his childhood team. Only Brady saw the opportunity for his legacy vs another team and decided to take the lesser money to stay and fill the ring drawer.

Brady is a smart guy and as self-exploitive as there is in the game. He knows what's best for Tom.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick is the GOAT but he has very few bullets in his six gun.

Other than Matt Judon, do not really fear his defense.

Kellen-Dak-Zeke and OL will crush the Pats, I have no doubt.
Could be but he still has some weapons, he's home and he's Belichick.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

Edge - Moore, Edge - Cowboys in a close one.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.

Lets hope Moore has a better game plan than in 2019 when we faced the patriots. Cause that day we had a terrible game plan with Moore as the OC.

conner01

Reaction score
BB it’s overrated. Brady leaves and wins the Super Bowl and this guy has been struggling to get to .500
As a team I agree
But as a defense bill is a master game planner
He’s gonna have his D ready and he’s gonna try and take away something from you
That’s just what he does

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
BB or no BB no one will be able to beat this Cowboys..we are that good as a team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lets hope Moore has a better game plan than in 2019 when we faced the patriots. Cause that day we had a terrible game plan with Moore as the OC.
bad GP or dak and company didn't get off the bus? dak played poorly..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different situation and I am not sure he was as in charge as he is now.

Reactions: BAT

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Different situation and I am not sure he was as in charge as he is now.

Not sure he wasn't. Scoring 31 pts in 8 games was never Garretts MO. Hard to say how much influence Garrett had in the actual game plan, but Moore still called plays.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure he wasn't. Scoring 31 pts in 8 games was never Garretts MO. Hard to say how much influence Garrett had in the actual game plan, but Moore still called plays.
OK, which way do you want it? Not sure he was or not sure he wasn't cuz I just ain't sure!:p

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

Edge - Moore, Edge - Cowboys in a close one.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.
This matchup does not favor us

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hmm, I hope the team doesn't feel that way. He'd love that.

I seriously doubt anybody on this team will be looking at the Pats in Foxborough as a walkover. Us fans can look at it that way but only a stupid team does.. and I don't think this team is stupid. Young yes, but not stupid.. The veteran leadership will keep them focused.. But no matter how you slice it getting to face Belichick at his place with the possibility of New England weather flaring up is no easy task. I think Moore got an education on defense in that game. Now I don't think this defense is as good as that one was.. Those guys ended up #1 in yards AND scoring I think.. This bunch is not quite as good and this offense is better.. So we should be in better shape against them this time around.. Emphasis on SHOULD. If Moore has learned his lessons on what to do in the red zone (hint Zeke is really good down there) we should be able to punch it in instead of settling for FGs this time around. But obviously Belichick knows this and will be showing run heavy looks down there to get us to audible to a pass. We still don't have a reliable red zone receiver so forcing us to go pass is still going to be the best chance of stopping us..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OK, which way do you want it? Not sure he was or not sure he wasn't cuz I just ain't sure!:p

Moore called all of the plays. The game plan and plays that Moore called were influenced by Garrett and Dak. I don't believe Garrett was telling him he had to run/throw on a given down, excluding 4th down options.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore called all of the plays. The game plan and plays that Moore called were influenced by Garrett and Dak. I don't believe Garrett was telling him he had to run/throw on a given down, excluding 4th down options.
With this team, I am not sure of anything about just what the coaching does in preparation.

This may be the usual, but I had never heard it before Booger said it, but he gets the week's game plan on his desk before every game. And if you saw that photo released right after Romo's last contract when Booger said Romo would be involved in the game plans on Tuesdays, who else was in that game plan photo? Yep, the GM.

nobody

Reaction score
This matchup does not favor us

And yet we'll win. As good as Belichick is, he doesn't have the talent right now. Say he does take away something from the Cowboys.. that means he sells out to do it and we steam roll him the other way offensively. Also, we can finally start trusting our defense to ball too.

Cowboys over Patriots. Watch.