Moore vs The Master

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

Edge - Moore, Edge - Cowboys in a close one.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Kellen Moore hasn't had the pleasure of preparing for Belichick and his ever morphing defensive schemes but this will be a great experience for him and excellent preparation for the rest of the season. No other DC is going to out prep Belichick for the Cowboys.

On the other side of that are the teams the Cowboys have yet to play and their DC's watching to see how Belichick takes on the #1 offense in the league. And the tricky part of that is the balance the Cowboys have. Not such an easy task.

Belichick is known for taking away what an OC likes to do best, well, which is that? Moore has the #2 rush game and #10 pass game in yards but 3rd in TD's and 2nd in completion percentage. Pick your poison.

This past game, Belichick will see the Giants stack the box on film and the Cowboys still ran on them. Shades of the early 90's. It is not about what you allow me to do but what I want to do and can do.

He can sell out against the run but he really doesn't have the talent to defend a good passing game and for a run team, the Cowboys have a very good passing game. I do think the Cowboys are the hardest team to prepare for from the defensive perspective.

I know there is some concern Moore might get HC offers in the off season and this is the game that all GM eyes will be on him so the better he does against Belichick, the better the chance that we lose him sooner. But, I do not see anyway he doesn't leave soon anyway as he could have that "next McVay" light shining on him.

And we already know one owner and GM in Vegas that will have a keen eye on Young Kellen. And maybe one in NY?

Can you imagine being Kellen Moore this week and preparing for the man that is the living legend in defense in the NFL? This is exactly the kind of game that Belichick needs to right his ship and reclaim his legendary status. He missed that two games ago and this is his chance to grab that. Young Kellen will get his best.

I like the fact that Young Kellen has been playing chess instead of checkers because Sunday afternoon, he goes up against the Grand Master. The game within the game will be as interesting as the game itself.

I think Belichick will test the patience of Moore and see if the young OC is up for a tight game going into the 4th quarter, a New England specialty. They feed you the beans for 3 quarters and hope you run out of gas in the 4th quarter, the ever present strategy of a defensive genius.

I like Young Kellen's edge in this, he knows he has the better talent and he is capable of playing the game anyway The Master wants to play it and that is not something Belichick is used to facing.

This 17th game added will be the most important game of the season because of the game within the game and the residual effect that can have on the rest of this season.
very good insights into the Belicheat scheming head.thanks
Im not saying we should win but I think we will win/ next McVay" yes I think its headed that way

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will take Moore since he has more bullets in his gun than Belichick has. I think Belichick is a great HC, I also know he is a HC who is in rebuild mode. I don't think Cowboys can afford to go into the game sleep walking, they best be ready to play and if they are they should be able to handle the Pats.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Minor caveat - you say Moore has never prepared against Belichick, which is true as a coach, but he was a backup QB in 2015 when the Cowboys played the Pats. Super small, but I am sure Moore was involved in prep then.

Belichick is going to cycle and disguise coverages and blitzes and crowd the heck out of the DL. Two things that I have seen slow the cowboys down - crown the LOS and well timed blitzes (Giants had a couple). But beware because the blitz giveth and the blitz taketh away.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Minor caveat - you say Moore has never prepared against Belichick, which is true as a coach, but he was a backup QB in 2015 when the Cowboys played the Pats. Super small, but I am sure Moore was involved in prep then.

Belichick is going to cycle and disguise coverages and blitzes and crowd the heck out of the DL. Two things that I have seen slow the cowboys down - crown the LOS and well timed blitzes (Giants had a couple). But beware because the blitz giveth and the blitz taketh away.

Moore was the OC when the Cowboys went to Foxborough in 2019.. What is wrong with you people's memories! too much LDS in the 70's?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BB it’s overrated. Brady leaves and wins the Super Bowl and this guy has been struggling to get to .500
Really? And having the most opt out players and starters after Brady leaves, including his D leader, had no effect?

I couldn't disagree more, he's the best DC in the history of the game and the main reason Parcells has rings.

I would bet there is at least one Cowboys coach that disagrees with your overrated assessment too, Moore.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lol I totally forgot about that game. I forgot a lot about the 2019 season.

Yeah that season is rightfully blocked out.. LOL! I still think we win the division if Dak doesn't jack up his shoulder against the Rams the week before the Eagles game and subsequently play the game without throwing a single pass in practice all week.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was released, there is a difference.

But I don't think he would have been released had Belichick felt he could make that rag tag bunch a contender.. He had seen how much the defense had to carry Brady in 2019.. and really on the Super Bowl run in 2018.. Tampa's line is much better and the receivers are light years better. I just think both sides eventually came to believe that moving on was the best path for both.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Belichick is the GOAT but he has very few bullets in his six gun.

Other than Matt Judon, do not really fear his defense.

Kellen-Dak-Zeke and OL will crush the Pats, I have no doubt.

"Adjustment and tempo football."

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
This game won’t be close, no running game and a rookie QB. Should be a piece of cake…