Moose has spoken

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Perfect combo: Cinnamon Toast Crunch & Reese's Puff mix

Since y'all completely disregarded his football comments I figured I would join in. :thumbup:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
New Orleans is a not-so-close second. Everyone loves to visit, but you wouldn't want to live here. Trust me.

hah I lived there for about a year and a half and I complete agree with this. You definitely don't want to live in New Orleans.

Junglist

Reaction score
I go between Dallas and Austin for work. And everybody tells me to stay away from Houston........and its more then just the traffic....they are serious, they arent just joking around to be funny

Houston is the state's butthole. It really is the worst city, ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off-topic mini rant about New Orleans (since people are mentioning it)...

I've lived in Louisiana my whole life. Love the state. Love the people. Well, most of them at least :) but the thing that grinds my gears are people I talk to when I travel out of state or people from out of state visiting Louisiana asking me:

"Are you from New Orleans?"

I've gotten that question thrown at me so often it makes me sometimes think everyone outside of Louisiana believes New Orleans is a freaking state. Louisiana is tiny compared to Texas or California but the state is larger than Virginia or Pennsylvania in total square miles. New Orleans is a city. Everyone living in any state do not live in ONE city. Why do so many people living outside Louisiana believe everyone living in Louisiana are from freaking New Orleans? Louisiana's nearly five times larger than Hawaii. Honolulu is the state capital and a big destination spot for tourists but do people ask Hawaiians what part of Hawaii are they from or do they automatically assume they're all from Honolulu? I don't think many people from outside of Hawaii believe everyone in Hawaii are from Honolulu.

It's nutty. I live and work in northern Louisiana. I've had visitors approach me at work with that question. I politely correct them but what I really want to say back is, "Are you freaking standing in the city of New Orleans right now?!?"

Very annoying.

I probably shouldn't have added sugar to my Frosted Flakes this morning.

/rant