Moose has spoken

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Houston is the state's butthole. It really is the worst city, ever.

Ive never been there. And if the people who describe it to me, are right. I dont want to be there. Although, I could get contract after contract there.....lots of business, at least for me, in that area.....I would like to branch out...so , I think I will have no choice, but to visit the butthole of Texas.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Off-topic mini rant about New Orleans (since people are mentioning it)...

I've lived in Louisiana my whole life. Love the state. Love the people. Well, most of them at least :) but the thing that grinds my gears are people I talk to when I travel out of state or people from out of state visiting Louisiana asking me:

"Are you from New Orleans?"

I've gotten that question thrown at me so often it makes me sometimes think everyone outside of Louisiana believes New Orleans is a freaking state. Louisiana is tiny compared to Texas or California but the state is larger than Virginia or Pennsylvania in total square miles. New Orleans is a city. Everyone living in any state do not live in ONE city. Why do so many people living outside Louisiana believe everyone living in Louisiana are from freaking New Orleans? Louisiana's nearly five times larger than Hawaii. Honolulu is the state capital and a big destination spot for tourists but do people ask Hawaiians what part of Hawaii are they from or do they automatically assume they're all from Honolulu? I don't think many people from outside of Hawaii believe everyone in Hawaii are from Honolulu.

It's nutty. I live and work in northern Louisiana. I've had visitors approach me at work with that question. I politely correct them but what I really want to say back is, "Are you freaking standing in the city of New Orleans right now?!?"

Very annoying.

I probably shouldn't have added sugar to my Frosted Flakes this morning.

/rant

It's sorta the focal point of the state to me. Big touristy city with Mardi Gras & all that. Lots of famous restaurants. When I think of LA I do think of NO. And those Duck Dynasty guys.

Junglist

Reaction score
Ive never been there. And if the people who describe it to me, are right. I dont want to be there. Although, I could get contract after contract there.....lots of business, at least for me, in that area.....I would like to branch out...so , I think I will have no choice, but to visit the butthole of Texas.

Lol. Every city has its nice areas. That's just like 5% of Houston.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's sorta the focal point of the state to me. Big touristy city with Mardi Gras & all that. Lots of famous restaurants. When I think of LA I do think of NO. And those Duck Dynasty guys.
I work in their hometown. They are another one of my pet peeves. :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't listen to the naysayers... As a resident, I know differently..

From a business perspective, there's lots of money to be made here. Good luck to you.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I work in their hometown. They are another one of my pet peeves. :)

I use to like that show on occasion but it's run its course. They all need a makeover IMO. But they're all worth a gazillion dollars so it's been worth I suppose in the long run.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've lived in Louisiana my whole life. Love the state. Love the people. Well, most of them at least :) but the thing that grinds my gears are people I talk to when I travel out of state or people from out of state visiting Louisiana asking me:

I've gotten that question thrown at me so often it makes me sometimes think everyone outside of Louisiana believes New Orleans is a freaking state. Louisiana is tiny compared to Texas or California but the state is larger than Virginia or Pennsylvania in total square miles. New Orleans is a city. Everyone living in any state do not live in ONE city. Why do so many people living outside Louisiana believe everyone living in Louisiana are from freaking New Orleans? Louisiana's nearly five times larger than Hawaii. Honolulu is the state capital and a big destination spot for tourists but do people ask Hawaiians what part of Hawaii are they from or do they automatically assume they're all from Honolulu? I don't think many people from outside of Hawaii believe everyone in Hawaii are from Honolulu.

It's nutty. I live and work in northern Louisiana. I've had visitors approach me at work with that question. I politely correct them but what I really want to say back is, "Are you freaking standing in the city of New Orleans right now?!?"

Very annoying.

/rant
I think it def depends on where you're from in Texas which determines your LA marker. In Houston, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and New Orleans are the markers. I think in the DFW area, Shreveport is the primary.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Don't listen to the naysayers... As a resident, I know differently..

From a business perspective, there's lots of money to be made here. Good luck to you.

Exactly. Houston is a great place to live. I live in a suburb just very recently & I like it alot. I have a very cute neighbor so my scenery suits me fine. :)

dallasdave

Reaction score

Very annoying.

/rant

:lmao2: