Twitter: Moose Johnston says the 1992 cowboys would destroy and Patriot team

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You really want to get into reading comprehension hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Well for someone that doesn't understand Superbowl games compared to regular season games...... Yep

StylisticS

Reaction score
I may be alone in this. But as fun as that 1992 team was. The 1993 team was better.

wrongway

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was talking over much of the SB XXVII highlights and it was interesting to hear him say how confident they were in that game. He said they watched the film and, while everyone else may have had some doubt, the Cowboys knew they were holding a Royal Flush. All they had to do is lay the cards down one by one, which is exactly what they did. He said the real game was the NFC Championship game. It was interesting to hear him out the game in that context.
I didn't like that they used Jimmy's narration. Would rather the traditional voice guy. Fine for a special but not for the main replay.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn't like that they used Jimmy's narration. Would rather the traditional voice guy. Fine for a special but not for the main replay.
Yes, it was weird. I liked what was said but did feel it was out of place.

I also watched the Cowboys and Colts highlights and the audio of the players talking on the sidelines sounded like it was from a “bad lip reading” video.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I actually wonder what the total payroll of Dallas then would be vs the Patriots now given that Brady alone might make more in one season now than the entire offense of Dallas did back then.
No, In fact even at QB, Brady would've made less than Aikman...if in the same era.
Brady always plays for way under market

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
That team was special. We had one bad game, a 31-7 beat down at the hands of Philly, but we returned the favor in the playoffs. That was the year Jerome Brown died IIRC.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, In fact even at QB, Brady would've made less than Aikman...if in the same era.
Brady always plays for way under market

Aikman signed an 8 year, $50 million contract in ‘93. Prior to that he might have been making a million or two per year. I think Brady is making $14/$15 million per year now. I’m not sure how that equates in terms of inflation and such but I bet the Dallas uncapped payroll would not have given them a huge advantage in terms of players vs today’s capped Patriots.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Right on moose! Go cowboys

Of course. You can't compare the era before the salary caps and free agency to modern teams. The Patriots are playing with scraps compared to previous era super powers. You can't stockpile talent anymore. The 92' cowboys would blow out any of the patriot super bowl teams. Pick one.

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
The 92 Bills and 92 49ers would beat any of the cheaters let alone the 92 Cowboys.

On the way to the three Super Bowls we beat Young, Kelly, Favre (3 first ballot hall of fame QBs) multiple times.

stiletto

Reaction score
Place any post FA era Pats SB team vs the 1992/1993 Cowboys player for player, age for age it would've been a beat down. I think only the 2000 Ravens would've had a chance. Defense is universal to me. The 2000 Ravens defense was a thing of beauty. Can't be discounted. If they played the game would've been like 9-3 or something stupid and the winner would've been a toss up. LOL

DFWJC

Reaction score
Aikman signed an 8 year, $50 million contract in ‘93. Prior to that he might have been making a million or two per year. I think Brady is making $14/$15 million per year now. I’m not sure how that equates in terms of inflation and such but I bet the Dallas uncapped payroll would not have given them a huge advantage in terms of players vs today’s capped Patriots.
NFL salaries have gone up 10 times or what normal inflation has.
I think we'd be missing half our pro bowlers, but whatever.
Those Cowboys were truly great, so Im happy with that.

rkell87

Reaction score
Haha you call someone slow..... The one that doesn't know the difference between Superbowls and regular season.

What fantasy world to you live in. Come back to reality
Try re reading the conversation and try again sweetheart

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Most of the top players on the 1992 team were on their first 4 years in the league.

Under today's rules:
Aikman - Rookie contract
Emmitt -Rookie contract
Irving - 5th year option
Ken Norton - Rookie contract
Erik Williams -Rookie contract
Others that would be on their rookie contract:
Moose
Kevin Smith
Larry Brown
Maryland
Tony Tolbert
Darren Woodson
Dixon Edwards
Stepnoski
Godfrey Myles
Robert Jones
Chad Hennings
Jimmie Jones
Kenny Gant
Lots of differences in 1992.
Unrestricted free agency didn;t come til 1993.
Plan B free agency brought us Jay Novacek and we had Tuinei, Charles Haley, Tony Casillas plus Steve Beuerlein as back up QB. Sidenote. JErry got Beuerlein here in part wiht a house in the Frsico subdivision, Starwood of which is now next to the Star area. Ray Horton, James Washington... it was so deep beyond even the young stars. DE rotation of Haley, Jeffcoat, Tolbert, Hill with some DE snaps or Lett... crazy!!!

That 1992 team was insanely deep and had back ups who would go on to make multiple Pro Bowls.
But Jerry pushed for salary cap in response to unrestricted free agency.

That combo ended true super teams essentially tho the Pats are about as close as you can get.