More backpedaling on "All In"

Big_D

Reaction score
If you would just shut up and not open your stupid mouth in the first place we wouldn't have to deal with all of this and you wouldn't have to come out every day and try and explain what you "really meant". It's just draining with these two dopes running the team
That's not true. After that beat down in the playoffs what they did in the offseason would be vital and doing nothing isn't going to get it done. He didn't have to say a word.. the players on the field said everything!

This approach is laughable if they thing they're going to legitimately compete for a championship.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Jerry might be football dumb, but he's not business dumb.

He's not going to allow himself to be burned twice.
Bro… I fear what you might do when the announcement comes that he has been extended lol

This extension seems inevitable to me and Jerry will be smiling and selling “Dak can win a SewperBowal!!” until he is cryogenically frozen

I hope you are right. But I have come to believe that this FO simply cannot get out of their own way lol

John813

Reaction score
Win with less.
I'm sure MM and Zimmer are crafting up ways with analytics on how to win with Dowdle and Mazi Smith.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Win with less.
I'm sure MM and Zimmer are crafting up ways with analytics on how to win with Dowdle and Mazi Smith.
oh crap that is so depressing to read. but that is the honest truth of this season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't have all the same gripes with the front office that some do, but it is pretty dissapointing to go from all-in to we're all-in on winning with less, lol.

As a fan its hard to buy into 2024 going 3 straight seasons with a 12-5 record to be bounced early in the playoffs and all you do is bring in a new defensive coordinator and hope to fill most holes via the draft?

I'm sure Chiefs fans felt the same way when they traded away Hill, so silver lining? Hahaha

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you would just shut up and not open your stupid mouth in the first place we wouldn't have to deal with all of this and you wouldn't have to come out every day and try and explain what you "really meant". It's just draining with these two dopes running the team
Yes it is draining but at least it provides us a great explanation of our toxic leadership and dysfunctional organization.

Sydla

Reaction score
We are run by two dopes who expect the fans to buy the BS they are selling.

They are not cap strapped. That’s a lie. And any notion Jerry has spent a lot over the last few years is another lie. He’s more cheap than loose with the money.

CWR

Reaction score
Bro… I fear what you might do when the announcement comes that he has been extended lol

This extension seems inevitable to me and Jerry will be smiling and selling “Dak can win a SewperBowal!!” until he is cryogenically frozen

I hope you are right. But I have come to believe that this FO simply cannot get out of their own way lol
Honestly can't believe it hasn't happened already. The fact they aren't even trying make me think maybe they will shock us all. I'd have never guessed it would play out that way.

If they suddenly start trying in camp, and get a deal done it will make them look like they were merely making an excuse to avoid FAs. No leverage has been gained and none will be, short of Trey Lance balling out. Even of that was to happen someone else will pay Dak. If we had any snap we'd be collecting draft picks for him now.

Big_D

Reaction score
Tired of the all-in talk at this point. I thought it meant one thing at once too. After finally seeing the full context of his comments, it was pretty clear (as clear as you can be deciphering Jerry speak), that it was not all-in in the way everyone has tried to present it. He was more talking about going all-in on certain players/people already with the team.

All in with the same players who already have shown they can't win anything? Only in Jerry's world does this make sense.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
That’s what cracks me about the fans who buy into this nonsense.
What, we’re going to get in “cap hell” in the future and not be able to make it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs? Can you imagine how horrible that would be??

Fact of the matter is that this ownership hasn’t put in an honest effort to win a superbowl in over a decade and make every excuse in the book to deflect. And somehow people just eat it right up.
I’ve defended them Plenty during the McCarthy era, I tend to be fair when need to be and critical when it’s due but this offseason their entire mentality is just *** backwards. Really don’t know what they are doing

Big_D

Reaction score
What the heck is that bunch of nonsense?

Him saying we have a five year window with the current team really cuts the legs out from some of my already modest predictions and hopes about what the team was doing to attempt a rebuild

That quote from Jerry really sums up the stupidity with this from office. Another comment that means absolutely nothing. You can't even decipher what he's saying. Typical Jerry talk. How anyone can still defend this or get their hopes up is mind-blowing! These guys are complete crap.

MikeT22

Reaction score
fans heard all in and didn’t pay attention to what he truly meant. not once did he say we are going all in w FAs.

Theyre all in on dak (maybe) lamb, Parsons, TJ Bass, Hoffman, Sam Williams, Overshown, Jr Fehoko etc
And Mazi, don’t forget Mazi.

It’s what we thought when some of us stated they weren’t going to make any significant changes and werejust going to run it back. MM back for the final year of his contract. Only changes made were if someone left, like DQ. and the replacement was retread Zimmer on a one yr deal.

Other than the draft picks, I doubt anyone new brought in (bargain basement guys) will have more than one yr deals.

bandfan

Reaction score
I honestly don't deal with it.(anymore) I read the news on here for the most part close it and go happily on my way...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The 2025 team is going to be much different.

And that’s a good thing.
Y'all are the suckers, spending so much energy on this team anymore.
Doesn't even need to be about buying products anymore.
It's about attention.
Apparently only I am paying less in all departments.
You keep that torch alive though!